Hello Guest

Author Topic: New Tesla  (Read 4683 times)

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
Re: New Tesla
« Reply #50 on: July 06, 2022, 08:13:27 PM »
Boy, I point out a little concern and it would appear you all skipped your daily naps today and rightly DOT’d this thread up….
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline Bigdave_185

• Raising Boys into Real Men!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 06, 2022, 09:03:12 PM »
I’ll have to see if any of my local tezla folks have come across others bagged.  I know the maverick gas station in Logan has bagged on theirs. Seen today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 06, 2022, 09:05:27 PM »
Note the cost of fuel in the picture for a time frame they have been bagged.

Zoom in and you seen the footprints of the Tesla charge stations

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 06, 2022, 09:11:06 PM »
I have a confession to make chief.  It was I that goaded Shawn into posting that video after he sent it to me.

Can’t let ma boys go down on their own….

Don has the Birkenstocks a Tesla and now all he needs is a cross body man purse….

Peace out brothers, nice knowing you….

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 06, 2022, 11:43:28 PM »
I have a confession to make chief.  It was I that goaded Shawn into posting that video after he sent it to me.

Don has the Birkenstocks a Tesla and now all he needs is a cross body man purse….

OH !!!!! NOOO!!!!!!

Redneck mic drop lol

Offline Bob Smith

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 07, 2022, 12:16:51 AM »
Ditto!!!

Offline cj7ox

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 07, 2022, 01:48:01 PM »

ROFLMAO!!!
~Sean M. Davis

“The citizens of a free state ought to consist of those only who bear arms.” ~Aristotle

Μολων Λαβε

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 07, 2022, 04:04:23 PM »

Ya, you're history!
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 07, 2022, 04:04:47 PM »

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 07, 2022, 04:08:42 PM »
Note the cost of fuel in the picture for a time frame they have been bagged.

Zoom in and you seen the footprints of the Tesla charge stations

I looked that one up. Not listed as a charging station by Tesla. Not completed or operational yet???
Number has now grown to 35,000 charging stations worldwide for the T cars. Tens of thousands of regular charging stations. I am wondering if we have reached or surpassed 100,000 stations available??
Regular stations will likely form the long lones due to the much slower charging times vs the super fast Tesla supercharger stations.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: July 07, 2022, 04:09:59 PM »
Hmmm, losing members faster than Brandon supporters!

I think the site is in trouble.

Maybe it was nice knowin' all of ya's... :-(

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 07, 2022, 04:13:58 PM »
Wait, "ME TOO" !!!!!!!!
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 07, 2022, 04:19:41 PM »
Wait, "ME TOO" !!!!!!!!
OK, you can be fired too
Who does that leave?
Me, Sam, and some guy from Georgia, right?

Offline Atkinsmatt

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 07, 2022, 04:24:21 PM »
Seems like it.
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 07, 2022, 05:03:06 PM »
Seems like it.
Yea, you. So the new RMTWS organization is like four people Matt...You wanna lead?

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 07, 2022, 08:58:29 PM »

Offline oklawall

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 07, 2022, 09:17:04 PM »
You may want to look at Military locations. I know Tinker AFB in OK has some chargers may be a place to stop over if the need comes up.

You can fire me if you want to. Wouldn't matter much have been on very much lately

Offline dave945

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 07, 2022, 09:25:57 PM »
So if you’re firing people, do we get a severance package?  I’ve got little mouths to feed, can I get COBRA insurance and maybe a letter of recommendation?

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 07, 2022, 09:55:33 PM »

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 07, 2022, 10:05:41 PM »
https://www.westernjournal.com/journalists-tow-camper-behind-electric-truck-end-stunning-failure-make-85-miles/

Hilarious, in my stomping grounds no less….
I would love to have seen it on the side of the highway, you don’t even have a hood to pop and look under.

Ya just turn your flashers on and call a tow truck, hope the flashers don’t die off when the battery dies

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 07, 2022, 10:35:23 PM »
When your out of juice, will AAA have a charge for you like they have fuel??  :facepalm:

Or do you stand there with lightning bolt sign??

I really think until you get a 500mi range and can swap battery packs, it's a no go.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 08, 2022, 07:25:30 AM »
All in good fun Don. I like them and I think the Tesla leads the pack in a lot of ways. The owners can be a bit of fan boi but the reality is the technology is still in its infancy.  Ideally in the current environment you would have a commuter EV and a long range more capable vehicle like a fossil fuel truck.

If you really want to geek out I’ve been listening to a podcast “The Science of Energy” a 24 part series by a college PhD lecturer about all the different forms of energy and a very scientific view of what makes sense both today and as technology improves in the future

I’m not done but he appears to be Leaning towards a mix of energy tech that is heavily solar but supplemented based on regional differences and current technology limitations with other forms of energy including fossil and nuke.

Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 08, 2022, 12:50:59 PM »
None of this bothers me at all. It's funny, informative, and mostly about the views of the people commenting.

I found it interesting about the "Sellout" viewpoint. Duane talked about it too. He purchased the Tesla and someone in his family called him a liberal and a sellout to Joe Biden! Duane, a sellout and a liberal? He lost his eye while serving his nation. He served in combat, and he is ultra-patriotic today...But people can be pretty shallow, not caring to consider the depth of a person, as they demonstrated with him.

Not defending, just stating: He and I are successful late middle-agers. We both wanted to drive a Tesla. We both admire Elon and all he is doing and both of us want to be a part of his revolution. We both like nice luxury cars and for me at least, I haven't owned a car for decades and need one to drive into the city and make appointments without searching for a parking space a mile away because of the size of my truck.

He still drives his Ram 3500 the most, and I will probably split time between the EV and the truck because my lifestyle demands a practical vehicle, which the EV is not. What an EV is aside from a novelty is a gadget that costs almost nothing to operate. It costs a bunch to purchase but for those who have money, it's not that big of a deal. And the resale is so strong, I am wondering if I will lose much if anything when I get my next Tesla 4-5 years from now.

Towing with an EV is pretty stupid. The range depends on the demand, just like with a gas engine. Stomp on the throttle to get those 3 sec 0-60 head rushes all the time and you probably won't get one-third of that big fat 330-mile range. But what fool who just ponied up $70K for an EV wouldn't already know that. Now, that same F150 can run errands all day long, hauling plywood to that house you're remodeling for very little if you just use and charge it at home...But we see no numbers about that. Charging on cheap electricity you should be able to drive on something like .15 cents per mile, not the calculated .38 cents that are charged on pay for/peak demand/peak price charger. That article was purposely designed to paint one picture: The electric truck is a failure to tow. But what if the owner only needed to tow 25 miles to a campground for the weekend? What then? Then he could have completed the trip for just a couple of bucks, returning home and charging at 1 AM and getting the cheapest energy prices.

And on that point. Can you buy gas a $2.29 at 1 AM because it's cheaper and rises to cost $5.01 at 9 Am? Nope, you can't. EVs have their lane. If you are smart enough to own and operate one where they take the greatest advantage of the cheapest energy costs, then you can win day in and day out. Let the fools paint any picture they want, they just don't have the ears to hear, nor the mind to grasp what is happening

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 08, 2022, 01:04:52 PM »
I think Don just called us all stupid for running oil burners.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 08, 2022, 01:12:40 PM »
I think Don just called us all stupid for running oil burners.

1. I didn't
2. ^^^ THat's funny

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: July 08, 2022, 01:46:19 PM »
Running up 505 a few weeks back I saw a Rivian SUV and took a double take. Had one of those hiding paint schemes (wavy blue lines) and I couldn't took a double take on it. Had some kind of dealer plate, came up fast but seemed pretty small. If based on their truck its to small for me, but I hear good things about it.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 08, 2022, 01:51:51 PM »
Interesting factoid

The power of the sun hitting the earth can generate on average 240w of energy per sq meter. (That assumes a doubling of panel efficiency in the next 10 years)

A piece of land that is half the size of NM would supply the entire energy needs of the US.

Bio mass and Ethanol wind and most other sources of energy don’t come close to that efficiency of energy production.

For example ethanol only nets 1.3 watts per sq meter when water fertilizer and and farming energy costs are taken into consideration.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 09, 2022, 03:19:08 PM »
I just heard a cool quote by a gar guy who tests cars, then writes up the reviews we all get to enjoy

After driving the Tesla Model S: This is the first car in history that can accelerate faster than it can brake!

Second quote:

This car accelerates from zero to 100 faster than a Mercedes S-class...After that S-class has been dropped from an airplane...And that is fact!

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 09, 2022, 03:57:27 PM »
Ethanol is not a great fuel. Sure its clean but it takes almost more to produce than its worth as a fuel.

Solar is great, storage is the issue and eff of the panels come next. That will get better, but someone will want to control it.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 09, 2022, 08:37:22 PM »
https://www.zerohedge.com/technology/white-house-says-tesla-supercharger-network-allow-other-evs
That's both interesting and unwelcome news.
Not sure how that is all going to work
It's more complicated than you might imagine.
You need the Tesla smart app on your phone, and that phone needs to be near the cable for it to mechanically unlock and then provide power. I'll bet you'd have to subscribe to Tesla, pay some access fee and purchase some sort of adapter.
And isn't the Tesla superchargers high-powered DC current??? Not AC power like everyone else uses? I'm fuzzy on that, and you may want to check me, but the Tesla technology is a world apart from Ford/Chevy/Nissan, and the rest. I think, only Lucid is using the Tesla-based technology.
So my guess is that given the average intelligence of the Prius and Chevy Bolt owners, we aren't likely to have a lot of competition.
And there's the fact that Tesla supercharger stations are opening all the time. We now have three in Cincinnati with a ton of what is called "Destination chargers. That's like garages, restaurants, and hotels that will have dedicated Tesla chargers to pick up some juice while you carve up your ribeye.

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 09, 2022, 08:45:59 PM »
https://www.zerohedge.com/technology/white-house-says-tesla-supercharger-network-allow-other-evs
You need the Tesla smart app on your phone, and that phone needs to be near the cable for it to mechanically unlock and then provide power. I'll bet you'd have to subscribe to Tesla, pay some access fee and purchase some sort of adapter.
And isn't the Tesla superchargers high-powered DC current??? Not AC power like everyone else uses? I'm fuzzy on that, and you may want to check me, but the Tesla technology is a world apart from Ford/Chevy/Nissan, and the rest. I think, only Lucid is using the Tesla-based technology.
So my guess is that given the average intelligence of the Prius and Chevy Bolt owners, we aren't likely to have a lot of competition.
And there's the fact that Tesla supercharger stations are opening all the time. We now have three in Cincinnati with a ton of what is called "Destination chargers. That's like garages, restaurants, and hotels that will have dedicated Tesla chargers to pick up some juice while you carve up your ribeye.

Well, I agree on one thing……

The average intelligence of a Chevy owner!  :knucklehead:

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 09, 2022, 09:56:14 PM »
Just watching all you do, where you go.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 09, 2022, 10:41:12 PM »
Just watching all you do, where you go.
I'm the evening entertainment, hugh?
;-))

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 09, 2022, 10:42:11 PM »

Is this a fireable offense? Just wonderin'

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 09, 2022, 10:48:17 PM »
Pretty sure I as permanently fired several hundred offenses ago and it’s hard to demote the guy at the bottom!  :tongue:

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 09, 2022, 11:56:18 PM »

Is this a fireable offense? Just wonderin'
Hard to fight facts lol

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 10, 2022, 11:19:04 AM »
Pretty sure I as permanently fired several hundred offenses ago and it’s hard to demote the guy at the bottom!  :tongue:
We'll find a way!

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 10, 2022, 12:47:44 PM »
https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTRYsn7dP/?k=1

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 10, 2022, 01:11:01 PM »
https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTRYsn7dP/?k=1

That's close to where my son lives...Darn, will make it hard on me to drive my model 3 there to visit!

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: July 10, 2022, 01:55:54 PM »
More interesting was the owner isn’t being paid for the charge stations.  Wonder how that agreement works out

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 10, 2022, 02:00:45 PM »
More interesting was the owner isn’t being paid for the charge stations.  Wonder how that agreement works out

Dunno, but he was acting appropriately. Elon Musk does not strike me as a sleazy businessman. He may have some bad apples in management, but I doubt it is policy or procedure anywhere in any of his companies to shortchange vendors.

Offline Dustoff35

• Registered
    • View Profile
New Tesla
« Reply #92 on: July 12, 2022, 05:31:58 PM »
Here is the Model 3 Performance that I picked up back in May.

« Last Edit: July 12, 2022, 05:32:56 PM by Dustoff35 »

Offline Dustoff35

• Registered
    • View Profile
New Tesla
« Reply #93 on: July 12, 2022, 05:43:35 PM »
I have a wall-unit installed inside my garage that is programmed to charge off-peak between midnight and 6 am when rates are lowest. Charging at home is by far the least expensive option. In 1600+ miles of driving, I have only used a Tesla Supercharger twice, once just to familiarize myself and once to demonstrate the process to Don.

« Last Edit: July 12, 2022, 05:50:42 PM by Dustoff35 »

Offline Dustoff35

• Registered
    • View Profile
New Tesla
« Reply #94 on: July 12, 2022, 06:18:05 PM »
Here is a breakdown of the cost to charge over the past month. It is based on my average cost per KWh, not the off-peak rate. I need to call Duke Energy to find out what the off-peak rate is. The gasoline cost is based on $5.59/gallon.

« Last Edit: July 12, 2022, 06:19:01 PM by Dustoff35 »

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 12, 2022, 07:52:25 PM »
Nice looking car.

I met a guy who bought one of the early Tesla vehicles and I believe he said back then you could select an option that gave you free charging for life. Wonder if that’s true and if so I bet that thing paid for itself

Offline KensAuto

• My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 12, 2022, 11:31:51 PM »
Nice car Duane.
Glad to see you're still a bad influence on Don's checking account.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 13, 2022, 08:47:47 AM »
Black bagged as of this am

Offline KensAuto

• My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 13, 2022, 09:33:13 AM »
Black bagged as of this am

It's cold in Utah.
They're warming blankets.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 13, 2022, 11:01:56 AM »
So this is now three charging stations in Utah?

Something's up there

Haven't even heard of anything like that here in the Kentucky area of operations

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal