Hello Guest

Author Topic: Heated seats  (Read 276 times)

Offline oklawall

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Heated seats
« on: April 15, 2023, 09:16:00 AM »
I'm going to start off with I hate intermittent problems! Working on a 2006 silverado 2500HD CC. My drivers side heated seats have started turning on by it's self when the truck is started sometimes, but the switch for the heaters will work and turn them on /off.  However there are some times that it doesn't turn on when you start it but and can't turn them on at all with the switch and the only way to get them to start working is to shut the truck off open and close the drivers door and start the truck back up. I can't find a good schematic of that system so not sure what to start with or what signals should be at what pins. From the schematics I have found online it kind of points me to the "memory control module ".

Would anyone have a schematic to the heated seat system or a link I can go look at?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Offline rpar86

• Registered
    • View Profile
Heated seats
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2023, 11:48:24 AM »
I had a similar issue on my ‘06. From what I recall, the heated seat switch connects to the drivers door module (window switches) and then that ultimately communicates to the BCM to control the seat module to turn the heat on/off.

https://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/72049-heated-seat-trouble/

I was under the impression that maybe water/moisture was getting into the switch somehow and making it tweak out - always worse during the wet/winter months. Ultimately I traded the truck in and never got it fixed.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2023, 11:50:00 AM by rpar86 »
Ryan
2006 GMC 3500 6.6 CCLB SRW 4x4

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
Re: Heated seats
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2023, 12:30:53 PM »
I was having some issues very similar to this with my lbz.

The radio and things would not shut off and sometimes not even come on when the drivers door was opened and closed.

As ryan said, I changed the window switch assembly and everything started working correctly again.

Rockauto has oem switches between $110-165

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/chevrolet,2006,silverado+2500,6.6l+v8+diesel+turbocharged,1433305,electrical-switch+&+relay,door+lock+switch,4608
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline Bigdave_185

• Raising Boys into Real Men!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2023, 02:01:09 PM »
My 07 heated seat and power switches issues were under the driver seat I. That big harness

I jumped one wire out of the harness, then ultimately jumped all of them and tossed the harness.  That’s what my issue was

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Sammconn

• Just A Guy in the Sticks
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2023, 02:15:43 PM »
I have the two power wires that are shown above jumped outside that connector.
Seats would also not adjust for me.
I’d start with those and see if that fixes you up.
I was going I look for my picture if they connector but don’t have to. Lol

Good luck.
PS if you can’t move the seats, try to wiggle the connector. It may get you working to move it all the way forward. Otherwise it’s a real pain to get at.
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2023, 01:23:21 PM »
I'd say switches or shorted connector, and likely not the BCM
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal