Hello Guest

Author Topic: WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)  (Read 1328927 times)

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
Re: WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)
« Reply #6750 on: June 10, 2018, 11:42:42 PM »
I'll send Tex some of this. Cheaper than riprap, and definitely cheaper than a zero turn.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline rpar86

• Registered
    • View Profile
WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)
« Reply #6751 on: June 11, 2018, 12:16:41 AM »
I'll send Tex some of this. Cheaper than riprap, and definitely cheaper than a zero turn.

Now made by Bayer, not Monsanto (if that makes anyone feel better because it’s not the big M name...) ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: June 11, 2018, 02:42:19 AM by rpar86 »
Ryan
2006 GMC 3500 6.6 CCLB SRW 4x4

Offline Bob Smith

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6752 on: June 11, 2018, 12:29:24 AM »
That will work Ken :grin:

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6753 on: June 11, 2018, 07:27:06 AM »
I appreciate the humor.

That brings up an interesting subject. The use of chemicals in the environment. As a redneck you’d be forgiven for thinking that I’m not overly concerned about the environment but out here I really try to keep the chemical use to a bare minimum.  A good part of the property drains and slopes to the pond. So any chemicals would end up in the pond and my wife really loves her fish as evidenced by the recurring amazon order of fish pellets

I hate to even use amdro on ant mounds and wonder what you guys think about some of the chemicals we use today. Roundup has been associated with some bad effects, from cancer to other environmental issues.

Thoughts?

Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #6754 on: June 11, 2018, 07:40:27 AM »
We use Round-Up and Grazon all over the farm. Grazon will kill trees and woody plants but not grass. Roundup will kill everything but not as effective on trees and such. Everyone here on the farm has taken the proper training and are licensed to purchase and applicate controlled herbicides and pesticides. That stuff you guys buy at the store is already diluted. We get the good stuff and mix it ourselves. I use it in the chicken pen and my house yard. After it dries its safe to be around. Just wear long sleeves and pants. Take a shower after spraying. Not a big deal.
Father, husband, farmer, trucker, mechanic, equipment operator, ect

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #6755 on: June 11, 2018, 07:53:32 AM »
Charles, we don’t live in California so we’re ok using that stuff with no known risks..... :facepalm:
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6756 on: June 11, 2018, 08:16:44 AM »
It’s not the chemicals that are bad, it’s living in California that is unhealthy!  LOL!
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6757 on: June 11, 2018, 09:51:37 AM »
I use round up and Amdro at the shop, but at home very little gets used. My wife makes home brew repellent (attractant), and I have to be super careful around the tortoises. Like Jon said, we can't get the good stuff anyway (I think the highest over the counter concentrate is 37%)..

.....a gallon of the farm grade mixes to 250 gallons water iirc.

Offline Bob Smith

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6758 on: June 11, 2018, 12:19:45 PM »

Having spent my working life working on the roads, I held a herbicide license and went to training every year from 1969 to 2004. Yes Charles, there are products that can leach or run off into the pond and cause a fish kill but round-up is not one of them as long as you stay within the labeled rates and apply when it is not raining for a couple hours, and not spraying onto the water. That product also has a money target on it's back, lots of talk but no proof  that it is a problem for either human or environment. As for the ant killer, you got to do what you got to do to control the little bastards. Homework and carful application should keep you safe from them.

As far as far as % active you buy, you are paying for inert ingredients(water) when you buy the lower active content. When you spray the product out, the % of active is the same as the farmer uses if you are both following the listed mixing rates on the label. Lots of products out there, some tie up near the surface of the soil, others move down quite far and damage trees that have roots in the sprayed area.
*The active ingredient in Round-up is/was also labeled for aquatic use. They took out some of the inactive stuff and allowed use to plants growing above the water level, or used in wetlands.*
« Last Edit: June 11, 2018, 01:15:09 PM by Bob/OlallaWa »

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6759 on: June 11, 2018, 01:07:07 PM »
Doesn't roundup go inert when it hits soil?

Yep, this state is getting worse all the time. Law just passed limiting water to 55gal a day in about 5 years (indoor use). 55gal, heck that is a good shower! We average 1000gal a day now for the 5 of us.

Feels like a communist country and not getting better!
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6760 on: June 11, 2018, 06:55:27 PM »
1000 gal/day!!!!!
Really?
I've never seen a household use that much.
Or did you mean 100 a day?
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6761 on: June 13, 2018, 09:06:59 PM »
Crappy weather got to me yesterday so I tackled a project I’ve been thinking about for about 8 years. Switch back stairway to the basement had to ugly concrete walls one of which that wasn’t true with the drywall wall. Went to Lowe’s and got beab board, air nailer, caulk, grippy floor paint and went to town on it. Today I painted the steps repairing 18 years of dogs running up the stairs! Painting was done from bottom of the stairs up, standing on one painting the one below as there’s no way out of the basement other than the stairs!  What a pain-
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 09:10:35 PM by cudakidd53 »

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6762 on: June 13, 2018, 09:25:00 PM »
Glued the bead board to the concrete after trimming it to fit around angles of stairs. That’s why braces are along bottom etc.  The air powered Brad nailer is a great thing!  Tomorrow I’ll paint the new woodwork and trim, then put down peel and stick carpet squares for the landing.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 09:28:49 PM by cudakidd53 »

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #6763 on: June 13, 2018, 10:12:53 PM »
Looks good, may need to address this on our house as the Golden’s are wearing that stair paint right off in a hurry

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #6764 on: June 13, 2018, 11:14:46 PM »
Stumbled across this film Ken obviously directed....

https://youtu.be/ZLRu6PJtRv4

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6765 on: June 13, 2018, 11:23:49 PM »
Yep, we do about 1000 per day per their meter. I really don't think it is that high. But that is 5 of us and the yard and topping the pool time to time.

Also, I hired a guy to do the underhouse plumbing for the add on. I got down there is a tight spot and had to go farther but I got a weird feeling and wanted out. Never an issue before, guess I am getting old.

Have to go tomorrow AM and requal for my LEO CCW. They make a big deal out of it with a catered lunch and an AR shootoff sometimes. Will do the Sheid 40 and G23 again. Wish they did just gun type vs each one you want to carry. On that I have been eyeing that new SIG365 9mm subcompact. Still a little pricey but 11 rounds I like!

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6766 on: June 13, 2018, 11:54:23 PM »
My buddy just got the p365 and I have to admit it felt pretty good for how small it is. He waited several weeks for it after putting up a deposit. I guess they're flying off the shelves in Tucson. Lol

« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 12:14:09 AM by KensAuto »

Offline cruizng

• Registered
  • Happy to be here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6767 on: June 14, 2018, 08:05:14 AM »
I have been watching the P365 also waiting for availability and maybe the price to come down. Is there any credence to the issues with the firing pin breaking and dragging?

Other than that is seems to get great reviews.

Mike
Sold the DMax in MN and am currently vehicle less.

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6768 on: June 14, 2018, 09:59:47 AM »
I didn't hear about that issue. I can almost hear JR  in a few weeks: "other than the broken firing pin, it's a pretty good gun". Ha

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6769 on: June 14, 2018, 12:53:05 PM »
In Dallas on business today. Got to rent a little GMC Canyon crew cab. Pretty cool little truck

Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6770 on: June 14, 2018, 01:19:41 PM »
Is it the one with the duramax in it?
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline cruizng

• Registered
  • Happy to be here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6771 on: June 14, 2018, 03:40:00 PM »
Well biding time getting my sixth Chemo elixir today and hopefully my last for a while.  Will have a follow up PET scan on July 9th to see if it is actually working.

Thanks for all of the Prayers!  Greatly appreciated.

Mike
Sold the DMax in MN and am currently vehicle less.

Offline rpar86

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #6772 on: June 14, 2018, 04:11:04 PM »
Is it the one with the duramax in it?

That would be pretty dumb of a rental company to rent diesel vehicles and risk uneducated snowflakes putting gas in the tank instead...  (NOT looking at you Charles)
Ryan
2006 GMC 3500 6.6 CCLB SRW 4x4

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6773 on: June 14, 2018, 06:31:58 PM »
It could happen.....

Cruz.. thoughts and prayers

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6774 on: June 14, 2018, 08:59:56 PM »
Hang in there Cruz!  Praying for you-

Today, I finished the basement stairwell project. Painted the bead board in that process kicked my backside! On my knees up and down a bunch taught me that I’m starting to fall apart. My right knee goes numb almost like Novocain when putting pressure on it and then go to get up!   Two coats on everything and learned that painters tape isn’t worth diddly squat on textured floor paint. The other paint wet underneath the edge!  Laid down 24 inch squares of industrial carpet - peel and stick. Also learned I will never become a professional carpet installer - that was almost as bad as painting!  Measure, cut, swear, do it over again. Installed the last trim pieces on top of the carpet and called it done. Those tubs are full of dog food if you’re wondering.

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6775 on: June 14, 2018, 09:10:05 PM »
Never had a FP break, but the old SW 4006 was good for breaking the ejector pin. This happened during transition to the SW, mine never was an issue.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Sammconn

• Just A Guy in the Sticks
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #6776 on: June 14, 2018, 09:46:44 PM »
Looks good Mike! Cruzin, in mine as well.

Charles.
Mower.
Again...I laughed pretty hard as I read it thinking again...
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline Bigdave_185

• Raising Boys into Real Men!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #6777 on: June 15, 2018, 08:05:19 AM »
In Dallas on business today. Got to rent a little GMC Canyon crew cab. Pretty cool little truck

Let us know what you think of the driver seat.  I made it about thirty min and I had a numb bum from it

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6778 on: June 15, 2018, 09:17:10 PM »
Sam. Glad I could be of humor assistance.

Dave I didn’t get to spend that much time in it at one time but it was a cool little truck.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6779 on: June 15, 2018, 10:17:22 PM »
Cruzin,

It will work!

Believe it completely. Give it totally to the Lord and get on with your life

Lifting you up

Mikie: Nice stairwell job, bro!

Offline dave945

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #6780 on: June 17, 2018, 07:53:03 AM »
Happy Father’s Day to you all!!  I’m blessed to have ten healthy happy children gracing my home.

Don’t forget to thank your children and your wives, without them we wouldn’t get to be celebrated on this day. And definitely remember  to thank our Heavenly Father for the gifts he has given us, and the opportunity to teach and to learn from them.

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6781 on: June 17, 2018, 09:13:02 AM »
Amen Dave. Happy Father’s Day

And I mean that in a non gender assignment way. Like in the biological/masculine way.

Won’t be long and the looneys will try to change this days name and purpose too.

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #6782 on: June 17, 2018, 10:11:45 AM »
Hanging out here in in South eastern Kentucky relaxing until the work starts tomorrow.
Some of you know we are selling my wife's house down here and moving her mother home with us to Nebraska.         Her family has owned the property for 3 generations. He grandfather built the house. He was preacher. The house has fallen into disrepair. Unfortunately the quality of construction was substandard. There is no foundation. Just built the house on some rocks he dragged out of the creek.
We are hitting an indoor air-conditioned flea market in London today to try to beat the heat.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Father, husband, farmer, trucker, mechanic, equipment operator, ect

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6783 on: June 17, 2018, 10:37:37 AM »
Good luck and may the lord bless you with patience jon
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6784 on: June 17, 2018, 11:33:48 AM »
Heading up to Reno for the night. Moma's Bday, dad's day, anniversary next sat and my Bday the week after that.

Good luck Jon.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #6785 on: June 17, 2018, 11:46:40 AM »
Took some time out to spend with some old buddies last night, back home about 1am,  but was woke up by my boys

Can you spot them in the field?

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6786 on: June 17, 2018, 04:20:58 PM »
Happy father's day fellers.

I'm sitting here trying to figure out how Jon got his fifth wheel to London. ;)

Offline dave945

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #6787 on: June 17, 2018, 04:25:53 PM »
It’s pretty easy to get to London, he probably passed Moscow, but not far enough north to swing by Paris. 

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6788 on: June 17, 2018, 06:15:42 PM »

Offline longball

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #6789 on: June 17, 2018, 10:55:21 PM »
Happy Father’s Day gents.

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6790 on: June 19, 2018, 01:17:22 AM »
Reno was fun. Paid their bills a little. Went to Cabelas and Scheels.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6791 on: June 19, 2018, 07:49:26 AM »
^^^Looks like a UH-60 Blackhawk in a right turn...

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6792 on: June 19, 2018, 09:41:31 AM »

NAILED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #6793 on: June 19, 2018, 09:50:14 AM »
Speaking of which how is Duane & family doing?

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6794 on: June 19, 2018, 11:56:07 AM »

Yeah, this ^^^^ Don.

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6795 on: June 19, 2018, 02:24:17 PM »
X3 there Don!

In Dr. office for yearly physical.....goody!  At least she has small fingers! :laugh:

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #6796 on: June 19, 2018, 02:34:41 PM »
I was thinking it looked like Kens girlfriend H

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6797 on: June 19, 2018, 04:08:16 PM »
I see him from time to time, but he seems to have gone dark otherwise.
His life: Driving his son to from hockey games/practices, a meal once in awhile, 4 hours sleep...

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6798 on: June 19, 2018, 07:50:52 PM »
I was thinking it looked like Kens girlfriend H

Hey turkey!! don't you have a house to finish?

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #6799 on: June 19, 2018, 08:08:04 PM »
We are at a slow pace. Finished up some roof today that the framing crew didn’t want to finish

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal