Hello Guest

Author Topic: Breakfast packs  (Read 3025 times)

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
Breakfast packs
« on: November 09, 2014, 08:47:45 PM »
After the topic of vacuum bagging came up in another thread, I decided to give it a whirl. Here's what I made.... Breakfast packs!!

Ingredients

1/2 cup quick oats
Blue berries
Cranberries
Maple syrup, Cinnamon pecan granola
Brown sugar

At first, I just added the berries, by reaching over and grabbing a pack, however after 1 pack, I just mixed the berries together and scooped it out. That way you received a mix of berries. I also added slightly less than 1/2 teaspoon of brown sugar, who doesn't add it to oatmeal?? I saw a bag of granola at Wal Mart and decided to try it in the packs.

I sealed the berries,brown sugar or granola is their own vacuum bag, then vacuumed sealed that inside the bigger bag containing the oatmeal. I made these packs as a 1 servings, so a just for me, just to see how it'd turn out. It works so this upcoming weekend I'll give it a shot in using the rest of the oatmeal and granola and et al and making larger portions.

Ingredients:

End Results:

And just because I went cheese shopping...
Clockwise from top left : Fresh cheddar, Bacon & onion cheese, Swiss, Pepperjack
« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 09:20:31 PM by BobbyB »
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
Re: Breakfast packs
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2014, 12:09:53 PM »
Good stuff right there
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2014, 12:40:29 PM »
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline Sammconn

• Just A Guy in the Sticks
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2014, 09:21:06 AM »
Mmm. Good ole Wisconsin cheese!
The oatmeal packs look like they should be a great addition to the kit bag.

Looks good Bobby.  :)
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2014, 08:57:44 PM »
Mmm. Good ole Wisconsin cheese!
The oatmeal packs look like they should be a great addition to the kit bag.

Looks good Bobby.  :)

Best part about that cheese is the place I bought it from makes cheese everyday, so I can go grab FRESH cheese curds (Nate I heard your stomach growl from here). You can also send boxes of cheese, which reminds me I have to send my cousin one in Mississippi.

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2014, 06:34:24 AM »
Fried cheese curds, yum
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2014, 09:52:00 AM »
Fried cheese curds, yum

With some chipotle ranch, or sriracha to dip them in.

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2014, 01:13:10 PM »
i am hungry now!

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2018, 11:13:40 AM »
bobby, I know that this thread is OLD, but the cooking instructions is missing from your first post.

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2018, 11:27:28 AM »
bobby, I know that this thread is OLD, but the cooking instructions is missing from your first post.

No worries. I never ended up trying them that weekend. Lol

1cup water bring to boil, add 1/2 cup quick oats, cook for 1 minute. I'd add the berries and other additions towards the end of the cooking minute.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal