Hello Guest

Author Topic: WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)  (Read 1383796 times)

Offline Bigdave_185

• Raising Boys into Real Men!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
Re: WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)
« Reply #1700 on: November 16, 2016, 11:45:56 PM »
Good to hear Don. I had my steps sprayed with LineX today, continuing the transformation from chrome to black. Still have to remount the step pads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Those are sure some good looking wheels Tex.

Don I know it's your "foot". It's just leg is less letters to type.  Now I have had to type more to explain

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1701 on: November 17, 2016, 08:37:30 AM »
Copy, Big Dave.

I'm back in mandals!
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1702 on: November 17, 2016, 06:24:26 PM »
No pics please

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1703 on: November 17, 2016, 06:40:14 PM »
No pics please

Not fair, you saw my good looking wounds.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2016, 01:53:09 AM by BobbyB »
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #1704 on: November 17, 2016, 06:48:26 PM »
wounds I can handle. socks with sandals guy... (shivers).
Husband, Father, Gear guy, Patriot.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1705 on: November 17, 2016, 07:37:39 PM »
wounds I can handle. socks with sandals guy... (shivers).
Who wears socks?

Offline kampfitt

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #1706 on: November 18, 2016, 08:39:23 AM »
Well went with oldest son today for home inspection on 1920 farm house! Needs lots of work but is basically solid. Mom and I are going to help with some expenses of course, but lots of work for Him! Hope he understands how hard Mom is going to work him if he gets this house!! She is really looking forward to helping him make it nice.
 http://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sale/8106-Lennon-RD-Corunna-MI-48817_rb/?fromHomePage=true&shouldFireSellPageImplicitClaimGA=false&fromHomePageTab=buy
08 EX-Cab D-Max 4X4 45 gal. aux tank Pull-Right Super Glide 5th hitch, Prvt. Pilot ,NRA Life Member , Michigan CPL Holder , T-Bird II Experimental Aircraft Builder, Electrician Flint Truck Asm.

OldKooT

« Reply #1707 on: November 18, 2016, 10:09:17 AM »
Kampfit....Looks like a solid little place with lots of potential.

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #1708 on: November 18, 2016, 10:28:49 AM »
wow I got to move to MI. out here that place would be north of $275k!
Husband, Father, Gear guy, Patriot.

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1709 on: November 18, 2016, 10:29:54 AM »
Cute house and a nice little plot. Good luck!!

Here, that would fetch around 500k
« Last Edit: November 18, 2016, 10:30:29 AM by JR »

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline moto123

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #1710 on: November 18, 2016, 01:53:31 PM »
Ya that place looks really nice.  Bet it would be on the market for about $150k around here.  That's a heck of a deal.

Offline kampfitt

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #1711 on: November 18, 2016, 01:59:57 PM »
We hope so. He's trying to get a rehab loan $60,000 for the house and would like to keep it down to $12,000 more for siding and roof. Then Mom and I will spring for the furnace. He's a good kid so Works at the local fab shop and on the fire dept. so we don't mind helping all that we can. Just waiting on the bids for siding and roof to see if it all pencils out for him. :-\
08 EX-Cab D-Max 4X4 45 gal. aux tank Pull-Right Super Glide 5th hitch, Prvt. Pilot ,NRA Life Member , Michigan CPL Holder , T-Bird II Experimental Aircraft Builder, Electrician Flint Truck Asm.

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1712 on: November 18, 2016, 03:39:15 PM »
Roofs are way over priced. Its like 70% labor. It is not hard to do if you have time.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1713 on: November 18, 2016, 05:01:30 PM »
Roofs are way over priced. Its like 70% labor. It is not hard to do if you have time.

Same with vinyl siding.....
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1714 on: November 18, 2016, 10:24:58 PM »
That is a heck of a deal and a really nice starter house.  I like the garage!!

Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Offline kampfitt

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #1715 on: November 19, 2016, 04:10:40 AM »
Well luck ran out this morning >:(  2:30 left for work got a mile down the road and out of the ditch her comes a doe at full speed! I went right but she still ran right into the drivers side ex-cab and spun into the box side! >:( Dent in the corner of cab and right over rear wheel well, could have been worse. 30 yrs out here and my first deer hit!!

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1716 on: November 19, 2016, 07:54:21 AM »
Thems good eats. Tenderized already.

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)
« Reply #1717 on: November 19, 2016, 07:58:17 AM »
Surfing reading drinking quoffee before tackling a few things today. Off until the 28th. Bought a rivnut tool and need to replace some rivnuts on the LineX'd steps and get the step pads back on. Then replace the train horn solenoid. I think it's the source of a slow air leak. Then clean up the mess in the shop and media blast the shackles on the rear bumper and powder coat then red since they are UV fading right now. Maybe split some firewood and put some ribs and a pork butt in the smoker.

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1718 on: November 19, 2016, 08:10:15 AM »
Surfing reading drinking quoffee before tackling a few things today. Off until the 28th. Bought a rivnut tool and need to replace some rivnuts on the LineX'd steps and get the step pads back on. Then replace the train horn solenoid. I think it's the source of a slow air leak. Then clean up the mess in the shop and media blast the shackles on the rear bumper and powder coat then red since they are UV fading right now. Maybe split some firewood and put some ribs and a pork butt in the smoker.

Nice early fire there RN!  Whilst you're surfing, I'd like your feelings on this optic for my AR10 - I like the intuitive aspects of it compared to MIL DOT and all the math! (Art Teacher remember)

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=XPA414XFFP308&name=Primary+Arms+4-14X44+FFP+Scope+w%2f+ACSS%c2%ae+HUD+DMR+.308%2f.223&groupid=6341
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1719 on: November 19, 2016, 01:21:50 PM »
Raining here, time to continue to clean the garage.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1720 on: November 19, 2016, 03:26:00 PM »
Went to rent a suit for an Army buddy's wedding in December. Well ended up buying a suit, got 60% off an $800 suit, with the slight alterations that are needed, it cost me a total of $350ish. Really didn't want to buy a suit but it made sense to own one so I don't have to keep renting.
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1721 on: November 19, 2016, 04:15:25 PM »
Pics or it didn't happen Bobby!  Mike my head is spinning from that scope. By the time you learn that you can do the easy math for a mil dot. 

Different loads and density altitude and temp and all those other factors make those BDC scopes a rough guess at best.

I'd get a fixed power 10x scope in Mil-Mil. Get a mil dot slide rule and make a dope card. Laminate it and put it on the scope mount with a small piece of 550 cord. Much simpler. Only math you need to know is height of target in yards*1000/number of mils = yards to target. Man size target at 1000 is 2 mils at 500 he's 4 mils.

If you train with mil/mil and have every scope in your safe mil/mil its second nature.

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

Offline Sammconn

• Just A Guy in the Sticks
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #1723 on: November 19, 2016, 05:55:16 PM »
Well,drove home from the south country.
Spent the last couple days hunting white tails.
Wasn't working in unfamiliar territory, so I moved 'home' to my stomping grounds of my youth.
My brother and nephew wanted to come with, and with their help buck down.

I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1724 on: November 19, 2016, 06:33:34 PM »
Nice!
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1725 on: November 19, 2016, 06:54:07 PM »
Pics or it didn't happen Bobby!  Mike my head is spinning from that scope. By the time you learn that you can do the easy math for a mil dot. 

Different loads and density altitude and temp and all those other factors make those BDC scopes a rough guess at best.

I'd get a fixed power 10x scope in Mil-Mil. Get a mil dot slide rule and make a dope card. Laminate it and put it on the scope mount with a small piece of 550 cord. Much simpler. Only math you need to know is height of target in yards*1000/number of mils = yards to target. Man size target at 1000 is 2 mils at 500 he's 4 mils.

If you train with mil/mil and have every scope in your safe mil/mil its second nature.

I won't have it until 1Dec. They took it to complete the alterations. I was hoping it'd be this cool but alas I was let down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ge_qjHal8NU

So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1726 on: November 19, 2016, 07:51:52 PM »
thought this was just completely hilarious

If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1727 on: November 19, 2016, 08:48:38 PM »
You could pull it off Bobby.

Nate funniest thing I've seen in a while.

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: November 19, 2016, 09:33:46 PM »
Put some new rivnuts in the steps and put the pads back on them.

Then changed the train horn solenoid but I still have a slow air leak I have to track down. Added an auto drain to the compressor and a gasket on the lid of the smoker and cut up a couple of cedar trees that were down. Took daughter to Buffalo Wild Wings for dinner. Worst service ever. Stopped and picked up two pork butts. Put them in the smoker. Now drinking whiskey by the fire.

Offline kampfitt

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #1729 on: November 20, 2016, 04:28:29 AM »
Well got out of work yesterday and took a look at my truck in the day light. >:( 

Darn Doe hit drivers door, ex-door, cab and the box! Then she ran off so no back straps!! >:(
 Younger son sent me this so I guess my day wasn't so bad, another crew of there's hit a hawk on short final! That would get your blood running! And I bet that little panel will cost more to fix than my truck!

Offline cruizng

• Registered
  • Happy to be here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: November 20, 2016, 11:40:58 AM »
Well we got our first snow Friday. This was the drive home.

I did get the plow on the Kubota and took the front bucket and backhoe off. Works like a charm plowing. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Mike
Sold the DMax in MN and am currently vehicle less.

Offline Sammconn

• Just A Guy in the Sticks
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: November 20, 2016, 03:28:42 PM »
The deer is processed. Steaks cut and wrapped.
Sliced a bunch for jerky, and ground and mixed with pork 30# for garlic sausage.

The recipes I fall back on.

30# spice mix.

24 lbs ground deer, 6 lbs ground pork.

All mixed in. Once it starts to stiffen noticeably the salts are well spread.
This will spend three days in the fridge to cure.

And the jerky. Likely close to 20 lbs.
The brine is experimental at this point, a combo of a few that looked good.
Also will spend a few days being rolled and roughed up to marinate well.

I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: November 20, 2016, 03:47:20 PM »
Nice!

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: November 20, 2016, 05:31:07 PM »
Finished smoking two pork butts. Bible study. "Satan has form". Interesting and we should all be aware of what Satan is. He was gods most beautiful angel before he fell. His sin was to elevate himself to a position above God. Then washed the truck. Adjusted some doors in the house. Cleaned the kitchen. Baked some of my aluminum oxide grit for the blaster. Humidity took its toll and the gun won't spray. Burned a few pallets. Blew and burned leaves. Chopped some wood.

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: November 23, 2016, 01:56:11 AM »
Darn that looks good. Tums a rumbling.

Speaking of snow, took the kids up to the snow today. We ended up in Sugar Bowl (Donner Peak) and they had fun.

Even with 35s on the dmax I was dragging the diff in the snow pack. Cooper STTs worked great.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline cruizng

• Registered
  • Happy to be here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: November 23, 2016, 07:50:25 AM »
JR, That does look like fun. We are getting another 5 inches of the white stuff last night and this morning.

I grew up in Colorado and then eventually moved to Los Angeles. Living there was the first time I ever heard the phrase "Go To The Snow" LOL.. it always came to us!  :)
Mike
Sold the DMax in MN and am currently vehicle less.

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1736 on: November 23, 2016, 01:08:11 PM »
Much of my childhood was in Minnesota, need I say more. 

Thomas Jefferson

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: November 23, 2016, 07:46:30 PM »

Replaced window regulator in the LB7 drivers door. Installed sound proofing and baffles for the speaker. And a repaired door pull.

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1738 on: November 23, 2016, 08:07:43 PM »
Picked up the suit from the store since they got it done early. Now I probably should get a couple dress shirts and ties.

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #1739 on: November 23, 2016, 08:23:47 PM »
I've been hauling a ton of beans to cargill in Sioux City. My body clock is all kinds of messed up. Late nights with harvest got use to 5 hours sleep.  Then switch to hauling I'm off at a decent time but tired so I fall asleep by 8 watching tv. Then 5 hours sleep so I'm up at 2 ready to go ( not because I want to be)  but can't unload until 6. Everything is all screwed up this year.

Sent from my VK810 4G using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: November 23, 2016, 08:25:47 PM by Farmer Jon »
Father, husband, farmer, trucker, mechanic, equipment operator, ect

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1740 on: November 23, 2016, 09:22:21 PM »
Want to build an AR or have a spare upper??

http://r.email-dsarms.com/bbng0srq5sz0fd.html

Thomas Jefferson

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1741 on: November 23, 2016, 10:02:55 PM »
Picked up the suit from the store since they got it done early. Now I probably should get a couple dress shirts and ties.
now we really need pics.

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1743 on: November 24, 2016, 01:21:52 AM »
Thats even better and the slim rail is way better than a quad.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1744 on: November 24, 2016, 05:02:10 AM »
now we really need pics.

I won't be wearing it until the wedding, so it'll be another week.

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1745 on: November 24, 2016, 09:39:49 AM »

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1746 on: November 24, 2016, 09:49:22 AM »

Well I'm not crashing it, I'm an Usher so I'm officially part of it. Lol

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1747 on: November 24, 2016, 09:51:30 AM »

Hoping Bobby avoids a Stage 5 Clinger!
« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 09:52:34 AM by cudakidd53 »
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1748 on: November 24, 2016, 10:03:09 AM »
What's happening to you?

Grunts/suits (words that don't go together)

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1749 on: November 24, 2016, 10:37:24 AM »
Hoping Bobby avoids a Stage 5 Clinger!

Yea a redhead who looks like Isla Fisher isn't a lady I'd avoid.

^^^ X2

What's happening to you?

Grunts/suits (words that don't go together)

Remember when I said I have the ability to blend in... a suit just helps that process when I'm at a wedding or something requiring attire more upscale than jeans, t-shirt and hoodie.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 10:45:52 AM by cudakidd53 »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal