Hello Guest

Author Topic: WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)  (Read 1382813 times)

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)
« Reply #1750 on: November 24, 2016, 11:10:01 AM »
Hoping Bobby avoids a Stage 5 Clinger!

Yea a redhead who looks like Isla Fisher isn't a lady I'd avoid.

^^^ X2

What's happening to you?

Grunts/suits (words that don't go together)

Remember when I said I have the ability to blend in... a suit just helps that process when I'm at a wedding or something requiring attire more upscale than jeans, t-shirt and hoodie.

OK, I get that

Like a civie gillie suit...

Killer amongst them and they don't realize it

Nice!
« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 11:10:36 AM by Flyin6 »
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1751 on: November 24, 2016, 11:13:46 AM »

OK, I get that

Nice!

Well it's an Army buddy's wedding.
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1752 on: November 24, 2016, 11:51:00 AM »

OK, I get that

Nice!

Well it's an Army buddy's wedding.
Maybe you can find a reversible suit with an ACU lining...???

With added mag pouches of course, don't forget those...

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1753 on: November 24, 2016, 12:07:38 PM »

I refuse to wear the UCP. I hate that pattern.

As for mag pouches.. you can always go with slip or clip on mag carriers. Only if your suit is cut to give you a little bit of room.

I've been saying for awhile that I will one day get a legit fitted tailored suit.
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1754 on: November 24, 2016, 02:57:17 PM »
Just making turkey while moms at work,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Sammconn

• Just A Guy in the Sticks
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #1755 on: November 24, 2016, 05:06:58 PM »
Two thirds of the jerky is done. Last third in the dehydrator now.
In smoker for about four hours, then dehydrated for another four.
Not too dried out, but not moist either.

Three large ziplock bags full will be the result.
And the recipe is pretty dang good.
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1756 on: November 24, 2016, 11:25:45 PM »

I refuse to wear the UCP. I hate that pattern.

As for mag pouches.. you can always go with slip or clip on mag carriers. Only if your suit is cut to give you a little bit of room.

I've been saying for awhile that I will one day get a legit fitted tailored suit.
Bobby, I've been buying custom for 15 years.  ( more a necessity than luxury as I had a 50 inch chest and 38 waist - note "had" lol)Recently I was introduced to a guy from Hong Kong and had some suits made. He comes to the US 3 times a year, NY, CHI, Hou, DAL, CO and a few other cities.  He's 1/3 the price of what I was having made and he has all the same fabric books. If you ever decide to do it, I can set you up with him. I guarantee you he can make the lining out of anything you want and put mag pouches  in it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1757 on: November 25, 2016, 01:59:23 AM »

Bobby, I've been buying custom for 15 years.  ( more a necessity than luxury as I had a 50 inch chest and 38 waist - note "had" lol)Recently I was introduced to a guy from Hong Kong and had some suits made. He comes to the US 3 times a year, NY, CHI, Hou, DAL, CO and a few other cities.  He's 1/3 the price of what I was having made and he has all the same fabric books. If you ever decide to do it, I can set you up with him. I guarantee you he can make the lining out of anything you want and put mag pouches  in it.

Appreciate the offer, but in reality you have more of a reason to wear suits than I do. Though one day I will eventually.

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #1758 on: November 26, 2016, 06:11:31 AM »
Went up to Sioux Falls for some black Friday shopping. Only went there because there is a Duluth trading store up there and I needed a new coat. I wanted to check out the fire hose pants and shirts also. I thought everything was made in USA so I didn't bother reading tags. I got a real nice coat at a good price because of the sale. If it wasn't 30% off I would not have gotten it.  Paid the same a Carhartt would have been. I got home and read the tag. Made in China. I'm a little disappointed. If it wasn't a 4  hour round trip up there and back I just might return it.

Sent from my VK810 4G using Tapatalk

Father, husband, farmer, trucker, mechanic, equipment operator, ect

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1759 on: November 26, 2016, 08:21:42 AM »
Went up to Sioux Falls for some black Friday shopping. Only went there because there is a Duluth trading store up there and I needed a new coat. I wanted to check out the fire hose pants and shirts also. I thought everything was made in USA so I didn't bother reading tags. I got a real nice coat at a good price because of the sale. If it wasn't 30% off I would not have gotten it.  Paid the same a Carhartt would have been. I got home and read the tag. Made in China. I'm a little disappointed. If it wasn't a 4  hour round trip up there and back I just might return it.

Sent from my VK810 4G using Tapatalk

I buy Duluth all the time. Have two orders enroute at the moment.

Two things I really like for use down at the farm are 1. The "Ball-Room" Jeans. Heavy duty to be sure, and lined on the top with that brushed brown canvas stuff. 2. Secondly the windproof fleece. I have a green one for down at the farm and a red one for hanging in the hood up here:

http://www.duluthtrading.com/store/mens/mens-outerwear/mens-work-jackets/26706.aspx?processor=content

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1760 on: November 26, 2016, 09:02:14 AM »
Can't blame you for being disappointed Jon, 
Good news is,  it's made to Duluth specs(?)..so your coat is probably still a premium coat. 

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1761 on: November 26, 2016, 09:14:33 AM »
It's hard to find stuff made in the US. Duluth does spec out some good stuff. I have the shirt jac that is my go to winter coat for Texas. Good to about 35 degrees, which is about as cold as it gets here. Of course if I can keep my wife and kids from wearing it I could use it more! I also like the firehose fleece lined vest and the firehose pants although they aren't as comfortable as I'd like. Maybe I'll try some ballroom jeans next

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1762 on: November 26, 2016, 10:16:06 AM »
It's hard to find stuff made in the US. Duluth does spec out some good stuff. I have the shirt jac that is my go to winter coat for Texas. Good to about 35 degrees, which is about as cold as it gets here. Of course if I can keep my wife and kids from wearing it I could use it more! I also like the firehose fleece lined vest and the firehose pants although they aren't as comfortable as I'd like. Maybe I'll try some ballroom jeans next

THose Ballroom jeans are baggy. But when I'm doing a lot of kneeling that actually helps. Lets face it, when you're working on a project building something it's all about fit and function. Looks rate down near, well, looks don't rate at all. Unless you're the daughters "Catch" who is some metro sexual with no callouses, and says "Ouch" a lot!

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1763 on: November 26, 2016, 01:32:24 PM »
If I'm working the fire hose flex pants are my go to setup. Thinking I should invest in the knee pads for them at some point.

Loaded up jeep last night with ar's & plywood targets. Took girls about an hour NE to a free shooting range out on the Pawnee national grasslands this morning. Opens at dawn, no range master so if you get there early it's pretty much just you & maybe one or two other old guys. I say old guys because the guys my age or younger only show at 10:30 or after. By then it's usually a steady stream of vehicles headed in the last few miles of washboard dirt roads as I'm leaving. I'm not big on people & like space when it's the girls & I.

We zeroed all the guns at 25 to start & seems my youngest's hammer spring was put in wrong by me. It would dent the primer slightly but no bang. Started by swapping bcg with mine (mine has several K thru it & hers was new spikes). Still no go, pulled upper & worked the hammer. Seemed weak & after closer inspection saw the spring was installed wrong. Leatherman multi tool saved the day again. The girls each put 3-500 rounds down range at various distances. I think I'm out of cheapo steel case now. We worked thru several malfunctions with my oldest. They even learned how to define concealment versus cover. It was a good morning at the range & we left it better than we found it hauling some trash out. 
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline Sammconn

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #1764 on: November 26, 2016, 06:23:21 PM »
Ahh, yes, gotta love a day at the range.

Me, I ventured out onto the lake this afternoon.
Froze over about 10 days ago give or take.
This past week we've been up near freezing again.
I covered about two miles of the four, between 4 and 5 inches of ice.
I would have went farther, but told HH6 I'd only be two hours.
Forgot the phone in the truck so had to turn back.

We're supposed to cool off again later next week, so I should finish next weekend.
At least I can take the snowmobile to where I stopped, and carry on now.
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1765 on: November 26, 2016, 07:53:04 PM »
Shawn sounds like a good day. Sam were still 68-70 during the day this week. No ice here.

I went to town to get some ethanol free super unleaded in a 55 gallon barrel. Stabil lized it and got a ballast for on of the lights over the bench in my shop.  Then moved my deer feeder and created a shooting lane, put a new deck spindle on the mower. Smoked some ribs. Best results so far, according to the judges. The smoke tube is really working well. But my sensor is off 25 degrees in the smoker. At 275 it's really only 250. Also got a little cleaning done in the shop.

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1766 on: November 26, 2016, 07:55:14 PM »

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1767 on: November 26, 2016, 08:53:28 PM »

Yep, I believe that I wouldn't turn away those ribs.

Offline Bigdave_185

• Raising Boys into Real Men!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #1768 on: November 26, 2016, 09:33:10 PM »
I pulled the motoscooter out for a adult ride this year, took off to the sand dunes with some good ol boys.  Had a great day too

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #1769 on: November 26, 2016, 09:48:50 PM »
If I'm working the fire hose flex pants are my go to setup. Thinking I should invest in the knee pads for them at some point.

Loaded up jeep last night with ar's & plywood targets. Took girls about an hour NE to a free shooting range out on the Pawnee national grasslands this morning. Opens at dawn, no range master so if you get there early it's pretty much just you & maybe one or two other old guys. I say old guys because the guys my age or younger only show at 10:30 or after. By then it's usually a steady stream of vehicles headed in the last few miles of washboard dirt roads as I'm leaving. I'm not big on people & like space when it's the girls & I.

We zeroed all the guns at 25 to start & seems my youngest's hammer spring was put in wrong by me. It would dent the primer slightly but no bang. Started by swapping bcg with mine (mine has several K thru it & hers was new spikes). Still no go, pulled upper & worked the hammer. Seemed weak & after closer inspection saw the spring was installed wrong. Leatherman multi tool saved the day again. The girls each put 3-500 rounds down range at various distances. I think I'm out of cheapo steel case now. We worked thru several malfunctions with my oldest. They even learned how to define concealment versus cover. It was a good morning at the range & we left it better than we found it hauling some trash out.
What is the difference between cover and concealment?

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1770 on: November 26, 2016, 10:59:49 PM »

What is the difference between cover and concealment?

Simple;

Cover is when you get behind something to stop bullets

Concealment is getting behind something so they don't see you, but bullets can.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Bob Smith

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1771 on: November 26, 2016, 11:09:25 PM »
JR, which one does the car door fall into?

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1772 on: November 26, 2016, 11:14:18 PM »
Concealment. Be lucky to deflect a 22 with a door. Newer are better with the side impact doors.

With a car, get behind the block, it also hides your feet.

Also, never hug a wall or fence. Bullets tend to stay within 12in of the wall when they deflect.

Now, have you heard "slicing the pie"?

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #1773 on: November 26, 2016, 11:47:10 PM »
Nope

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1774 on: November 26, 2016, 11:48:29 PM »
Concealment. Be lucky to deflect a 22 with a door. Newer are better with the side impact doors.

With a car, get behind the block, it also hides your feet.

Also, never hug a wall or fence. Bullets tend to stay within 12in of the wall when they deflect.

Now, have you heard "slicing the pie"?

I have, when you're trying to shoot around cover. Basics of it is to stay back away from cover a few feet. Bad guy on other side sees less of you compared to if you were right up next to it & ducking out from cover to shoot. I'm sure there is a lot better technical way to phrase it but that's my redneck definition! ;)

JR, thanks for reminding me. That's in girls next lesson.... ;D

Also, I dealt with some special Humvee up armored door skins made from a special aluminum type material. It was a prototype & would stop a lot more than a .22 bullet. But JR is right standard car door is very thin.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2016, 11:51:25 PM by stlaser »

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1775 on: November 27, 2016, 12:18:02 AM »
I will take a car door to nothing. Remember too that angles play into that alot.

Most bullets will NOT just go threw a windshield or blow out a tire like in the movies.

It is hard to explain, but here's a little more. Entering a room or coming around a corner, step back about 2 steps and slowly move sideways so you can see what is there. You will see a shoulder, arm or something BEFORE the other person has a shot. You can decide weather to engage or not, but you know where they are.
Second, by stepping back a few feet, your barrel or you are not within easy reach of who might be there and they don't see it either.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1776 on: November 27, 2016, 12:28:27 PM »
I like flash bangs............
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1777 on: November 27, 2016, 03:21:46 PM »
^ This....especially in small rooms.

Offline Atkinsmatt

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1778 on: November 27, 2016, 05:08:10 PM »
I am reminded of my favorite door knock.  A breaching charge. Nothing says hello like c4.
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1779 on: November 27, 2016, 07:27:37 PM »
Got a little wood split today

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1780 on: November 27, 2016, 09:16:22 PM »
Got a little wood split today

A maul, that's a good workout....

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1781 on: November 28, 2016, 07:32:11 AM »
Yeah I'm feeling it today.

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1782 on: November 28, 2016, 05:36:33 PM »
Started training at my new job, well same company just a new position.

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1783 on: November 28, 2016, 05:39:21 PM »
Bobby, was it a promotion? If so congrats.....

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1784 on: November 28, 2016, 05:41:08 PM »
Bobby, was it a promotion? If so congrats.....

I'd consider it a promotion. Actual normal hours (0700-1530), a pay increase. I'm a Safety Trainer now, so a bit more responsibility, and paperwork.

Gracias.

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1785 on: November 28, 2016, 06:03:43 PM »
More pay is good regardless of what you want to call it in my book! ;) & the daytime hours will be better too
« Last Edit: November 28, 2016, 06:04:36 PM by stlaser »

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1786 on: November 28, 2016, 06:08:42 PM »
More pay is good regardless of what you want to call it in my book! ;) & the daytime hours will be better too

True.

I'm trying to figure out new schedule for myself.. breakfast, lunch,dinner..

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1787 on: November 28, 2016, 07:42:26 PM »
Hey Bobby, congrats man!  One step closer to glorified overhead like me!

Offline Sammconn

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #1788 on: November 28, 2016, 07:57:04 PM »
Congrats Bobby!
It's definitely an adjustment.
I went from over the road trucker 24/7 hours, to in town not great hours, to a day job.
Once you adjust life is grand.

Enjoy it buddy!
Sam

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1789 on: November 28, 2016, 08:07:00 PM »
Hey Bobby, congrats man!  One step closer to glorified overhead like me!

Thanks RN. There's a few more steps before I even get close to glorified overhead...  :D

Congrats Bobby!
It's definitely an adjustment.
I went from over the road trucker 24/7 hours, to in town not great hours, to a day job.
Once you adjust life is grand.

Enjoy it buddy!

I've always been mostly night, I'm adjusted to the extra sleep I get, but it's setting the meal times that is taking a little extra, as I like having set times for things.

Thanks.

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #1790 on: November 28, 2016, 08:17:20 PM »
Congrats Bobby, happy for ya bud

2006 Chevrolet 2500 HD 6.6 - MotorOps EFI, 4" MBRP, S&B intake, AirBags and B&W Turnover Ball
Prov 27:17, 2 Tim 1:7
NRA Life Member

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1791 on: November 28, 2016, 08:33:09 PM »
Nice going.

I hated paperwork, but was a big part of my job.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1792 on: November 28, 2016, 08:49:23 PM »
Helped an officer take down a perp this weekend, then was warned that I may have to go to court if the guy lawyers up. wth...was just trying to help out.
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline Atkinsmatt

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1793 on: November 28, 2016, 09:01:18 PM »
Bobby takes a step toward needing that suit more often.
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1794 on: November 28, 2016, 09:09:12 PM »

Thomas Jefferson

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1795 on: November 28, 2016, 09:15:48 PM »
Got new tires on the DMAX, ouch!

Congrats Bobby!  Good luck getting your biorhythms squared away - hope Bear figures it out too! 
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline swbhobie16

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #1796 on: November 28, 2016, 10:47:32 PM »
after making it through last week hunting a few days with no starter on the polaris (happened 'while i was gone'.. fo figure. hahaha) i decided to pull it apart to have it rebuilt. it was spinning.. just very slowly. not enough to throw the bendix. (i pulled off the pull start casing to confirm that it wasn't the bendix hanging up..) hopefully i'll be putting it all back together tomorrow.. and very thoroughly de greasing and power washing it deep down. i believe there was a small gas leak, and it coated everything with a film which then attracted every little particle of dust known to man.  it just needs to be de grundged before it makes it way to my new house.. along with the DR mower.

also, managed to get a 93 international line truck back up and running after taking the allison electronic shifter apart and scotch brighting the contactors (too much rubber residue) and she shifts like a charm. then, noticed that the alternator was overcharging, so off it comes and down to be rebuilt. it's nice having a starter/generator place right down the road. hahah

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1797 on: November 29, 2016, 05:43:10 AM »
Congrats Bobby, happy for ya bud

Gracias

Nice going.

I hated paperwork, but was a big part of my job.

Paperwork doesn't bother me, this is just different paperwork compared to what I had to deal with before.

Bobby takes a step toward needing that suit more often.

Luckily that suit is only for special events. I can now wear normal clothes instead of a uniform though.

Got new tires on the DMAX, ouch!

Congrats Bobby!  Good luck getting your biorhythms squared away - hope Bear figures it out too!

Gracias Senor. Well I'm able to adjust rather quickly to time change. I don't think Bear would mind, but he is too big (he's 95lbs, dogs can only weigh 30lbs) for my apartment.

Offline cruizng

• Registered
  • Happy to be here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1798 on: November 29, 2016, 09:46:44 AM »
Congrats Bobby!  How did you work out the Half Days schedule?  ::)
Mike
Sold the DMax in MN and am currently vehicle less.

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #1799 on: November 29, 2016, 10:02:09 AM »
What's that country song.  The job where everyone hates me?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal