Hello Guest

Author Topic: Wallet recommendations  (Read 746 times)

Offline dave945

• Registered
    • View Profile
Wallet recommendations
« on: November 29, 2021, 10:24:04 AM »
I know this might sound stupid, but I wanted to see if anyone has any recommendations for a good wallet?  I was looking at a bifold that can hold cash and cards and RFID protection.   Mine fell apart coming out of the gas station. There’s plenty of options out there and I enjoy shopping for wallets as much as I enjoy shopping for clothes. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
Re: Wallet recommendations
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2021, 12:24:11 PM »
I am not a fan of wallets because of their ability to collect way too much senseless crap that does not need to be carried around. let alone wallets cause posture problems with hip and back pain.

unless I have a high profile job or do a lot of traveling, I personally wouldnt worry too much about RFID protection?

based upon those 2 statements, I went with something that was small, compact, made me pay attention to what kind of excess crap I carry around, the ability to carry at least 15 cards, roughly 10-15 bills folded in 4th's, 1 hidden compartment and 1 divider area, and it has a zipper to ensure that nothing falls out of it.

I made 2 modifications to this wallet so it didnt scratch my phone screen. 1.  pulled off the little metal emblem. 2. I replaced the metal zipper pull with a little piece of 550 cord

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07G4DMQHN/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

this one is actually a replacement to the other (same) one I had for 6 years (i lost it). I went with the same thing for round 2 because of how well the other one held up to the abuse I put it through.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2021, 12:27:54 PM by Nate »
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline cj7ox

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2021, 12:54:02 PM »
I carry a simple money clip I got as swag from a National Guard recruiter years ago. The simple spring steel holds my 3 IDs, 3 credit/debit cards, and what ever cash I've got. Fits right in my front pocket with ease!
~Sean M. Davis

“The citizens of a free state ought to consist of those only who bear arms.” ~Aristotle

Μολων Λαβε

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Wallet recommendations
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2021, 06:36:54 AM »
I got tired of keeping up with a phone and a wallet so I got a heavy leather phone wallet. Phone snaps into one side and cards and cash go in the other. One thing to keep up with. Now that I’ve upgraded to the iPhone 13 I need to find another one

« Last Edit: November 30, 2021, 06:45:11 AM by TexasRedNeck »
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2021, 10:37:26 AM »
I got this ridge 2 years ago and I love it. Except one thing. My cards rub together. Not a big deal because everything had a chip now but they look like crap. I still use cash alot so the money clip a great feature.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Father, husband, farmer, trucker, mechanic, equipment operator, ect

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2021, 08:58:45 PM »
I have a Ridge wallet as well and it's just about perfect for my use.
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2021, 10:49:34 PM »
I have a money clip (511) also, but carry a wallet with the basics. I can slide several cards into the clip sometimes to leave the wallet.
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline dave945

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2021, 07:20:28 PM »
My daughter purchased this one for me for Christmas after the card insert in my old wallet fell out while we were at the store together. She got it off Amazon, the name is Travando. Has enough card slots for everything I would normally carry, as well as a money clip on the inside for bills.   

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal