PERSONAL READINESS > Bug-Out Bag and Camping gear

ICECO 74 quart frig

<< < (3/3)

Sammconn:
C’mon Ken.
We know it’s fate was the same as a camera a chainsaw.

He brush hogged it...
 :popcorn:

Flyin6:

--- Quote from: KensAuto on June 11, 2021, 02:41:17 PM ---Can we get a long term review on this thing?

--- End quote ---
Ken,
It has and it has not been used
So since I first installed it in the camper and turned it on, it has always worked
I only used 110VAC for many months, and then one day, I realized it had a 12VDC circuit as well, so I switched that on
It just always works, like as in it has never failed or done anything other than to cool my water and tea.

The has not been used part refers to the camper never having been towed anywhere, so I couldn't comment on whether or not the thing will survive rough handling. I have never taken it out of the camper, so there was no opportunity for me to drive over it or bush-hog it into pieces...And that's a good thing

I believe it has some switching hierarchy because I have it plugged into both AC and DC all the time. When I am plugged up to shore power and I pull the 12VDC plug, I do not get a "blip" to indicate it has switched over to pull DC power. I have not checked it out the other way, but I believe it pulls AC over DC, but when you pack it up for the day and move out, it just keeps cooling on the batteries which are sometimes being charged by the solar cells.

I think the thing is the best. My grandkids have crawled over it and one tried to get inside for a quick cool-down (Scary thought), but the top will not self latch and must be mechanically latched from the outside.

All in all, I recommend purchasing the thing and I will certainly never get rid of it.

Flyin6:

--- Quote from: Sammconn on June 11, 2021, 04:43:24 PM ---C’mon Ken.
We know it’s fate was the same as a camera a chainsaw.

He brush hogged it...
 :popcorn:

--- End quote ---
You should not be commenting on anything that has anything to do with a cooler, since it is doubtful you have ever seen one!

;-))

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version