Hello Guest

Author Topic: fence move  (Read 2089 times)

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
fence move
« on: June 29, 2016, 01:07:46 AM »
so I have been a bit busy here the last 2 weeks or so doing some projects around the house I am staying in.  now keep in mind that all of the materials are being paid for, and my time has been donated for now (I will be re-working my rental contract with the land lord for services that have been rendered and future rendered services).

the first chore was swapping the fence pieces from one side to the other.  why the fence was installed that way from the beginning, I will never know!  but I have fixed the fence issue to where it makes total sense and actually serves a purpose. 

so on one side of the house there was a double swing gate that was approx 119" wide, but it was blocked by a tree that was planted there when the house was built (my neighbor on one side was the second home owner in the HOA when the HOA was being built informed me of just about everything regarding the house.), as well as blocked by several power and comms box's in front of said tree, not to mention the 2 trees behind the fence that were also planted when the house was built (an Asian pear tree and a dog wood tree).  the other side of the house had a single walk thru gate with roughly 25' wide x 30' long of completely open / unmolested / unused ground behind it.

well the HOA president who is a no crap retired Marine Corps LTC (this dude is a true spineless piece of oxygen thief garbage, wait, I wont get into that right now) sent an email to my land lord stating all of these hoity toity HOA rules about having things parked on the side of the road (read my 24' trailer was parked at the curb directly infront of my house).  well when the home owner said something to me about that, he also coughed up the $$$$$ for me to swap that gates / fence.

here is the before pic of the double gate pile of spilt boo boo

sorry, I forgot to take a before of the other side.

here is what I found in the ground on the other side (used to be a wooden fence that went bad and the fence pole was just cut off instead of pulled out......which does not make sense to me because the new pole hole was dug right next to the old.................?) ???

and here is the end result of that side with my trailer nicely resting in its secured area up on jack stands on all 4 corners.

and I only had to lengthen the one big hole for the new pole, but thank goodness they make HUGE cardboard tubes so I wouldn't have to play games with trying to fill in that massive hole or backfill, etc.

and here is the start of the other side that used to be the double swing gate and then became the walk thru gate.  cash here is inspecting things as they are progressing.........;D

and here is the finished fence project.

« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 01:12:29 AM by nmeyer414 »
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline cudakidd53

• View Profile
Re: fence move
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2016, 07:57:06 AM »
Good work there Nate- I have board on board fence remove & replace detail looming over my head before mid August that I'm dreading!  21 posts in concrete to pull; Yuck- liked the building part, hate the post removal process and disposal!  >:(
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline rpar86

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2016, 08:01:00 PM »
Cuda - Build yourself a tripod from three 8' 4x4's and hang a cumalong or chain hoist from the top. Fasten a couple 12-16" long 2x4's to two opposing sides of the old post with 2 or 3 3" screws each, wrap a chain around the post under those 2x4's, hook the cumalong onto the chain, and yank the old post upward out of the ground. Should come up pretty easily and the resulting hole should be reusable for the new post.

Something like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0V_t8if9jk
Ryan
2006 GMC 3500 6.6 CCLB SRW 4x4

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2016, 09:00:06 AM »
Looks good Nate, hope the owner compensates you well for your labor.
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline cudakidd53

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2016, 09:01:18 AM »
Was going to do that or rent a track tool called a "Dingo" with a hydraulic digger and lifting head.
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2016, 12:22:33 PM »
There has to be a special place in he** for HOA board members. Thank GOD I don't have one but some of the stuff my friends put up with would drive me ape-s**t!! >:(

Nice work on the fence!

Offline rpar86

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2016, 12:44:41 PM »
Was going to do that or rent a track tool called a "Dingo" with a hydraulic digger and lifting head.

Ah yes, a Dingo. Good idea!
Ryan
2006 GMC 3500 6.6 CCLB SRW 4x4

Online Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2016, 05:34:05 PM »
There has to be a special place in he** for HOA board members. Thank GOD I don't have one but some of the stuff my friends put up with would drive me ape-s**t!! >:(

Nice work on the fence!
Concur

Having said that, I am the president of my HOA as most of you know, I think

I try to keep things sane through not taking action.

Everyone has this or that to say about their neighbors. And some of them come to me to ask that I do something about it. My first question has always been, "Did you talk to them about it?" If the answer is no, and it always is because people these days are spinless, I just tell them to work it out, or in one case, "grow a pair!"

I have served as the president of this HOA since its inception. We have lowered fees almost every year. I do volunteer work, like cutting the grass around the momument for years, and with no pay for the work. With all that I have done, now I hear that some neighbors have become uncomfortable with my being the president, and want a change.

Well, fine, who wants the stinkin' job anyway?

Think is, my vice president is a control nazi. He feels it ti the duty of HOA officers to run these complaints to ground. He likes to send certified letters...Heck, he even sent me one for my having my camper in my driveway more than 48 hours. OK, it was there for two months...

He has a son who is a fellon who was unjustly convicted, hates cops, is a strong Obama supporter and so forth. So yea, I am serving to keep the madness to a minimum. Should I step down, I can only imagine the quality of life around here.

I was thinking if I did step down, he would take the presidency and I just might give him a challenge or two. I was thinking of buying a junk truck or two and park it in the front yard of my almost million dollar home. But only for 48 hours...Then move it to the side of my property bordering an a$$hole who threatened to shoot my dog. Let him get acquainted with the trucks and all...

Yea. couldn't agree more, HOA's are no fun
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2016, 07:01:18 PM »
Still think the dog threat deserved righteous defense of self and property. good work on the fence there buddy; watch out for them landlords, my father in law has rented for 20+ years and after doing all the upgrades to the property and yard etc. they got the home estimated and jacked his rent $400 because it was "worth more than they were charging now"
Husband, Father, Gear guy, Patriot.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal