Hello Guest

Author Topic: Really great day....  (Read 666 times)

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
Really great day....
« on: December 05, 2015, 07:57:40 PM »
I am posting this here as it seems the most reasonable place. Today is out local "Chain of Lights" celebration which our Church participates in. Trolleys drive throughout the town bringing people to businesses, schools, churches where all sorts of crafts and goods are sold. Our Church has a TON of goods from a variety of charities that we support.

I ran the traffic detail for parking, herding the cars that wanted to go in every possible direction possible (herding cats comes to mind!), directing trolleys, helping folks with the elevator etc. Worked with a bunch of nice guys and we talked football, ISIS, politics and other stuff from 9:30 to 4:00. The majority of the time was with two guys i knew but not super well. So nice to see/learn there are other sheepdogs out there.

Then after that we had the Christmas Tree lighting on the town common with the HS band (my daughter plays in it) playing ALL (and I mean ALL) Christmas carols. So refreshing to have a tree lighting and Christmas carols on the town common.

Great weather and really great turnout at all functions. Just so refreshing to have a day like today. Not all of Massachusetts is bat-sh*t crazy.  :) So when you normal folks carve the east coast off the real America know there's some of us here that warrant saving! Ha. Blessings to all.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 07:58:44 PM by Wilbur »

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Really great day....
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2015, 08:20:52 AM »
Great to hear, we should remember that God is EVERYWHERE!  :D
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal