Hello Guest

Author Topic: Strange gun...part M4, part AK-47  (Read 1366 times)

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 07:07:34 PM by Flyin6 »
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
Re: Strange gun...part M4, part AK-47
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2015, 09:51:31 PM »
CMMG MK47 Mutant T 7.62x39 AR Rifle

I saw that, I'm still working it through. I like the modularity but at the same time, there's something that is making me second guess the concept. Don't get me wrong, it's cool, but... I suppose it's just not my cup of tea.
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2015, 10:23:16 PM »
Saw that the other day in a Cabela's flyer and was intrigued by it and was curious what you'all might think about it.  Seemed like the solid billet upper - lower would be much improved over stampings; but then again, too tight and sand makes it not go bang maybe?  Seems like accuracy might be better too?  ::)
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2015, 11:49:56 PM »
Here is the problem. "Mutant" weapons are worthless in a post SHTF scenario.  Interoperability and replacement parts are the key. My Romanian AKs are just fine.  Covered in what ever and they still go bang every single time, period.  Accurate to within minute of scumbag
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2015, 09:03:23 AM »
CMMG MK47 Mutant T 7.62x39 AR Rifle

I saw that, I'm still working it through. I like the modularity but at the same time, there's something that is making me second guess the concept. Don't get me wrong, it's cool, but... I suppose it's just not my cup of tea.
I'm with you Bobby

The way I see it the best gun in the world shooting the AK round is the AK
It's simple, fool-proof, always shoots, never needs cleaning, and is cheap.

Seems everything else designed around that round is just going to be compared to an AK anyway!
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2015, 12:30:50 PM »

I'm with you Bobby

The way I see it the best gun in the world shooting the AK round is the AK
It's simple, fool-proof, always shoots, never needs cleaning, and is cheap.

Seems everything else designed around that round is just going to be compared to an AK anyway!

Over engineering something that is has a proven track record is counter-intuitive to me. Yea modularity is greatly increased, accuracy is generally increased, however, the AK was never designed for crazy accuracy. It fills a roll and it does with with success.

You want an AK (7.62 or 5.45) then snap one up and enjoy the classic design.
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal