Hello Guest

Author Topic: Range/Hunting/Camping ruck  (Read 2621 times)

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
Range/Hunting/Camping ruck
« on: February 24, 2015, 09:26:15 AM »
Saw this while browsing the interwebz out of boredom.

http://www.brownells.com/emergency-survival-gear/backpacks-amp-bags/backpacks/gunrunner-pack-prod72531.aspx

Looks like a decent pack.
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Range/Hunting/Camping ruck
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2015, 03:52:42 PM »
Looks like a good set-up, but question the need of the scabbard- wouldn't you have weapon at the ready while on the move in a SHTF scenario?
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2015, 04:36:39 PM »
Looks like a good set-up, but question the need of the scabbard- wouldn't you have weapon at the ready while on the move in a SHTF scenario?

Theoretically yes, however, what if you have 2 rifles? Or you are carrying something heavy that requires both hands? Or if you're heading to the range and are only taking 1 rifle? Just load her up in the scabbard, then put the ammo, targets, chronometer and other accoutrements in the back and POW, all together and ready for transport.

So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline Bob Smith

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2015, 06:53:54 PM »
Chronometer....The big thing I have against the range here I belong to. They will absolutely not allow time to get it set up right so the hoods or pickups don't get blown apart and that it is on target. So I end up working up the loads at the range, then head to hills to shoot across the chronograph. No big deal unless you have a dozen different rifles or bullet weights to work up. 

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2015, 03:48:20 AM »
Chronometer....The big thing I have against the range here I belong to. They will absolutely not allow time to get it set up right so the hoods or pickups don't get blown apart and that it is on target. So I end up working up the loads at the range, then head to hills to shoot across the chronograph. No big deal unless you have a dozen different rifles or bullet weights to work up.

That's harsh

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2015, 10:42:42 AM »
I have a great pack from tactical assault gear. It has a strap and pouch on the back outside that allows you to carry your weapon upright on your bag while you're humping. I'll get details and pics later. 
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2015, 02:14:46 PM »
I have a great pack from tactical assault gear. It has a strap and pouch on the back outside that allows you to carry your weapon upright on your bag while you're humping. I'll get details and pics later.

Not going to lie, LOVE T.A.G's stuff.

This what you got?

http://tacticalassaultgearstore.com/index.php/packs-bags-pouches/packs/sniper-pack.html

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2015, 08:42:34 PM »
Sorry Bobby,  I was confused in my old age.  I have the TAG chest rig  I keep loaded with mags for the ready.  I keep food and gear in the TAD.  Grab both and I'm ready to go.

http://tacticalassaultgearstore.com/index.php/carriers-protection/marine-gladiator-chest-rig-with-bib.html

My favorite pack is actual Triple Aught Designs Fast Pack EDC  The "transporter tail" is a place for the rifle or other stuff to be carried.  My favorite pack, but then I have not tried everything out there. 

http://store.tripleaughtdesign.com/FAST-Pack-EDC

« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 08:52:02 PM by TexasRedNeck »
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2015, 02:18:24 AM »
Sorry Bobby,  I was confused in my old age.  I have the TAG chest rig  I keep loaded with mags for the ready.  I keep food and gear in the TAD.  Grab both and I'm ready to go.

It's all good, everyone has those moments. How do you like the Gladiator?

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2015, 07:01:21 AM »
I like it.  Its built like a tank and has lots of molle attachement points which makes it very configurable.  I carry pistol pouches on the sides and it makes for a lightweight way to carry a lot of ammo. I really, really want to get a soft armor plate carrier and multi hit plates while civis still can.  Any advice?
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 07:08:49 AM by TexasRedNeck »

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2015, 09:21:29 AM »
I like it.  Its built like a tank and has lots of molle attachement points which makes it very configurable.  I carry pistol pouches on the sides and it makes for a lightweight way to carry a lot of ammo. I really, really want to get a soft armor plate carrier and multi hit plates while civis still can.  Any advice?

One thing I like about T.A.G is that they can modify any of their gear for you. I think they can even build one up for you in a non common pattern, like the kryptec pattern.

As for the armor, TAG makes plate carriers, which can mount mag holders and etc.

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2015, 12:46:57 PM »
Armee surplus, while you still can
Get a level 4 multi strike light weight body coutour.

Most grunt guys had the heavier plates but the SF units had the good stuff

PM me...
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal