Hello Guest

Author Topic: My build up  (Read 19135 times)

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
Re: My build up
« Reply #50 on: November 11, 2015, 11:03:00 PM »
Good Man!

A true soldier rests when he can!

Well I had to frago the stop movement order. I'm going to trudge my way to the bed and rack out, like it's going out of style.
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 02, 2016, 02:29:10 AM »
Update... I found the wheel of death. It was in the box of inner fender liners I bought for XJ last year. Apparently I threw it there when I was moving my living room around.

On a related note, my core says "I hate you."
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 02, 2016, 06:57:38 PM »
Ha!  Yes,  I feel your pain, (to quote Ken's GFs husband) 

I stopped using mine a few weeks ago and got back on it this week.
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 03, 2016, 09:19:25 AM »
Ha!  Yes,  I feel your pain, (to quote Ken's GFs husband) 

I stopped using mine a few weeks ago and got back on it this week.

I went 2 days in a row using it. Day 2 I was definitely feeling it. Think I might slack tonight and let the core relax... maybe.

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 04, 2016, 05:28:11 PM »
Started the train up for the annual 22 mi Ruck march. Did around 10 in 2.5hrs with 20lbs. Not fast, just kinda zoned out walking pace.

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 06, 2016, 11:26:59 AM »
Started the train up for the annual 22 mi Ruck march. Did around 10 in 2.5hrs with 20lbs. Not fast, just kinda zoned out walking pace.

Keep it up!
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 06, 2016, 03:36:30 PM »
Keep it up!

Planning on it, I'm exploring a trail that runs through the town I live in. I forgot how much I enjoy just walking through the woods in the quiet.

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 06, 2016, 04:34:43 PM »
We had wooded trails near our old home in Indiana. I used to play a game with the girls when they were younger to see who could be the quietest......

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 06, 2016, 08:00:17 PM »
We had wooded trails near our old home in Indiana. I used to play a game with the girls when they were younger to see who could be the quietest......

That game didn't last long did it? My nephew won't win that game anytime soon..

When I was on the trail I saw 2 people about an hour apart, plus I walked up on a 6 pt buck with velvet still on the antlers. So apparently I'm still quiet..

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 01, 2017, 08:23:53 PM »
Well, I just registered for a couple of local 5Ks, so I guess I got that going for me. :rolleyes:

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: January 01, 2017, 08:32:31 PM »
Good for you Bobby, hopefully that new job is making it easier to get to the gym on a more regular schedule?

I'm still doing the gym 3-4 x per week, actually been hitting it 4-5x lately. The wife unit decided she needs to for the first time in her life workout. She has fought this concept for a good six months & finally came to the realization it will help many aspects of her health. So she is tagging along several times a week. We will see how long this lasts....

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 01, 2017, 09:16:10 PM »
Good for you Bobby, hopefully that new job is making it easier to get to the gym on a more regular schedule?

I'm still doing the gym 3-4 x per week, actually been hitting it 4-5x lately. The wife unit decided she needs to for the first time in her life workout. She has fought this concept for a good six months & finally came to the realization it will help many aspects of her health. So she is tagging along several times a week. We will see how long this lasts....

Yea it'll work pretty well. But I'm going to give it a couple weeks to let the new year crowds drop off. I can do body weight stuff at home while waiting. Well you got a workout partner as long as she sticks with it.

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 01, 2017, 09:25:06 PM »
I don't like workout partners..... :tongue:

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 13, 2017, 09:06:42 PM »
Well, I still haven't joined a gym. However I decided to try an ab workout I saw, on Facebook.  I looked at the page, and the guy, Derek Weida, does it everyday; and it looked like a royal pain... and it was. But give it a shot.

Link the actual Facebook of the guy. You'll have to look for the video, but it's called "ABS, I give to you Fast Eddies"
https://www.facebook.com/derekweida/videos/

25 Sit Ups
25 Flutter kicks (4 count)
25 Sit Ups
25 Leg raises
25 Sit Ups
25 Hello Dollys (4 count)
25 Sit Ups
25 Crunches
25 Sit Ups
25 Crazy Ivans (4 count)
25 Sit Ups
25 Bicyclers (4 count)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 09:09:27 PM by BobbyB »

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 13, 2017, 10:10:07 PM »
Well, I started adding my sit-ups to one of my routines once a week 3 weeks ago & am now at 60 (4 sets of 15) & will most likely go to 80 this week. I do them on a full decline bench. Anyhow I agree Bobby that looks like a pain.....

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 14, 2017, 06:18:21 AM »
Well, I started adding my sit-ups to one of my routines once a week 3 weeks ago & am now at 60 (4 sets of 15) & will most likely go to 80 this week. I do them on a full decline bench. Anyhow I agree Bobby that looks like a pain.....

It is, I'm feeling it this morning, and I'm going to complete that again when I get home from work.

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 14, 2017, 08:31:30 PM »
So?

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 15, 2017, 06:31:32 AM »
So?

As expected day 2 was a sore one.

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 15, 2017, 08:01:16 AM »
 :likebutton:

I bet, keep it up.....

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 15, 2017, 08:54:09 AM »

I bet, keep it up.....

I do it before I go to bed, so it's already in my schedule.

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 15, 2017, 09:11:50 AM »
I've been adding a day of rowing (30 mins currently but probably 40-45 tomorrow) to my arms, shoulders & back lifting day. I normally do abs the same day, unlike you I only do abs once a week but will eventually do it several times per week once I build up.

This changing up the routine has helped me enjoy being "inside" a gym quite a bit more. It's also helped get a better well rounded whole body workout.

Counting the days until it's warm enough to put some miles on my bicycle again. Strava is calling my name.....

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 15, 2017, 09:56:54 PM »
I'm waiting for the snow to melt of the trails so I can start running outside.

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 01, 2019, 07:52:18 PM »
Here's an update.

Friend of mine in Afg sent me a workout him and his unit did. I decided to do it at the local gym, with some changes. I didn't complete all the pullups, I haven't been doing them. I didn't wear body armor and run with a sledge hammer, so I cranked the elevation up. I didn't have a hammer so I used a medicine ball and a weighted pvc bar.. After I completed the pillage I spotted a heavy bag in the corner and put in some time there. Afterwards I decided to push even further and went to the free weight section... tomorrow at jiu jitsu might suck. Tuesday I might have to do yoga...

Total time spent between the pillage, heavy bag and free weights.. 2hrs45mins

Viking Pillage:

2000m row
800m run
25 pullups
100 sledge hammer tire strikes.
25 pullups
800m run
2000m row
« Last Edit: December 01, 2019, 08:24:45 PM by BobbyB »

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 01, 2019, 08:16:08 PM »
The man's a beast!

Great workout Bobby

Wishin...
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 01, 2019, 08:23:43 PM »
The man's a beast!

Great workout Bobby

Wishin...

Yea it was a good workout. I've been slacking for awhile and needed to clear my head so I figured why not check 2 boxes at once?

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: December 02, 2019, 10:41:44 AM »

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 03, 2019, 10:19:30 PM »
Well I didn't go to Yoga tonight, I'm on vacation the next 3 days to finish out my time. Tomorrow I got another gym session with the same workout unless I get a new one emailed in, and then Jiu Jitsu at 1830. I should try to keep this updated and myself accountable.

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 08, 2019, 08:40:45 PM »
Update:

Saturday I had an hour of Jiu Jitsu

Today I went to the gym and banged out a hellacious rowing session. It was manual interval rowing, 8 legs of 2,000m each with 30 secs of break between them.

The end result :

16,129m rowed (10.022miles)
94:34 time elapsed
Generated on average 84 watts but hit a high of 160ish
Burnt 891 calories
Average about 2:40 per 500m

Yes the distance doesn't add up,however I found myself in a zone letting my brain just wander and rest with my music playing and was rowing through a break without realizing it and I don't take little rows, I put some umph into it.

I never weighed myself when I started these workouts, so I'll check at work tomorrow morning and just use that as a starting weight. My goal is to get back down to my deployment weight of 220 when I was running and lifting.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2019, 08:45:57 PM by BobbyB »

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 09, 2019, 10:26:54 AM »
Beast!

I like that numba, 160ish :likebutton:

Why don't you get off your dead butt and access for SF? :knucklehead:

You know you'd like it. Be a SFC pdq. Heck, may even be able to become a Warrant... :likebutton:

Ya know, we could use you and that unused skill set we gave you :evil: :beercheers: :popcorn:

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 09, 2019, 10:34:20 AM »
Beast!

I like that numba, 160ish :likebutton:

Why don't you get off your dead butt and access for SF? :knucklehead:

You know you'd like it. Be a SFC pdq. Heck, may even be able to become a Warrant... :likebutton:

Ya know, we could use you and that unused skill set we gave you :evil: :beercheers: :popcorn:

As much as I wish I could, I've sorta resigned myself to civilian status. I do regret that I hadn't dropped my Warrant packet when my XO tried recruiting me for the program. I met the requirements they had at the time but oh well.. I'm good with leaving as a 6.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2019, 10:36:04 AM by BobbyB »

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 09, 2019, 10:41:46 AM »
Well, your call and I'd never question it

But I sense that fire still burning inside

And

I have experience in the area.

I once coached a young SSG who made it onto an A-team and wore the green beret. I later wrote his warrant Officer recommendation letter. The kid wanted to become an aviator and join the 160th.

When I last talked to him on Mustang Ramp, Kandahar airfield, he was a CW4, senior instructor pilot for an air cav unit flying OH-58D's killing rag heads on a daily basis. He didn't make it into the 160th, but went far in my view.

The Army has open arms for one of our own, and loads of opportunity. You should get back in if you feel any desire.

But if you have closed that chapter, then God love ya, drive on and help set the example for all these willy-nilly civilians walking aimlessly about.

And I may note that the men on this forum are not those willy-nilly types, they are quite the opposite!

Offline cj7ox

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 09, 2019, 02:44:10 PM »
To add to what Don, said....

Have you explored staying in uniform in the National Guard? It's an option to keep working toward an Army retirement, and Tricare Reserve Select is pretty darn good.

Just a thought.
~Sean M. Davis

“The citizens of a free state ought to consist of those only who bear arms.” ~Aristotle

Μολων Λαβε

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 09, 2019, 09:48:46 PM »
To add to what Don, said....

Have you explored staying in uniform in the National Guard? It's an option to keep working toward an Army retirement, and Tricare Reserve Select is pretty darn good.

Just a thought.

I left the Guard as a 6 with 10 yrs. Between Division life, deployments, and the associated injuries that come along with jumping from planes and rucking literally everywhere with soul crushing and joint ruining loads kinda beat up the body.

When I was leaving Bragg, the re-up NCO laid out my options for Active duty.

I wanted to go to Korea..no openings in my MOS (as an 11C there is NEVER enough Charlies to fill a section or platoon)
I wanted to go to Germany... no openings in my MOS (see above)
I wanted to go to Italy...see above
I wanted to go to Ft. Irwin (OpFor)... see above
I wanted to go to Ft. Polk (OpFor)... see above
I wanted to go to Alaska when they made the 4th of the 25th Airborne, they literally stood up a new unit...see above.

My options:
 1. Permanent duty station
 2. Ft. Drum
 3. Ft. Hood

I left, took a left and walked to the Reserve component recruiter who tried his hardest to get me to sign up with the Long Range Surveillance unit in Michigan or the SF unit in Chicago at the time. I was just kind of burnt out around then. Joined the Wi Guard, when I reported in the unit was still overseas, they wouldn't let me re-deploy.

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 09, 2019, 09:51:17 PM »
Oh I weighed in this morning at work, 254 lbs.

I lost 6 lbs since Thanksgiving. I carry the weight well but I gotta get back in shape.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 10, 2019, 09:22:03 AM »
Oh I weighed in this morning at work, 254 lbs.

I lost 6 lbs since Thanksgiving. I carry the weight well but I gotta get back in shape.
I know we covered this ground before, but you, your personality, jump experience, heavy weapons experience, leadership, combat tours, you are the perfect candidate for SF. Just take a look at it. Talk to them some, tell them about your banged up knees. (Hint: We all have no knees, and we learn to moderate that so we can stay employed. Get in SF and you get guyz like me flying those zoomie hooks coming in to resupply in literally any weather.

I'll stop. You gotta go to bed with you every night and look at your face in the mirror, so you know what's best for you.

But you'd look good with some foreign jump wings on your chest and master sergeant stripes on the sleeve...just sayin'

Offline cj7ox

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 10, 2019, 09:41:14 AM »
I hear you, Bobby. The decision is yours to make. I just wanted to ensure you weighed all the options. The nice thing about having 10yrs in, you can always decide to reenter the Guard after a year or three if you choose. The other nice thing is you can shop around and find a unit that you WANT to be a part of. If it's a good unit, they'll find a slot to put you in.
~Sean M. Davis

“The citizens of a free state ought to consist of those only who bear arms.” ~Aristotle

Μολων Λαβε

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 10, 2019, 02:01:10 PM »
Or come sell insurance! I can teach you to drink 6 days a week and be an eternal pessimist!  At least you won’t get shot at. (Usually)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 10, 2019, 06:53:31 PM »
Keep up the good work Bobby!  :likebutton:

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 13, 2019, 08:53:41 PM »
find a unit that you WANT to be a part of. If it's a good unit, they'll find a slot to put you in.

Well honestly I looked into finding a job at Camp Shelby. Have family near there.

Or come sell insurance! I can teach you to drink 6 days a week and be an eternal pessimist!  At least you won’t get shot at. (Usually)

The weather in Houston was to my liking...

Keep up the good work Bobby!  :likebutton:

Trying, but apparently this week my body decided that it's time to catch the flu bug that's going around. Carried some 60 lbs boxes of meat upstairs for my GM and that winded me. Got zero energy... so that's always fun.

Offline cj7ox

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 16, 2019, 04:26:04 PM »
Well honestly I looked into finding a job at Camp Shelby. Have family near there.

What were you looking to do? As a MSARNG member, I DO have some contacts down there.
~Sean M. Davis

Μολων Λαβε

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: December 16, 2019, 07:40:02 PM »
What were you looking to do? As a MSARNG member, I DO have some contacts down there.

Depends on what's open honestly.

I've had a couple people try to get me to move to Kentucky recently as well.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2019, 07:42:39 PM by BobbyB »

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 16, 2019, 08:49:23 PM »
Well I don't have a career offering but
I can offer some great hiking and or hunting opportunities at just about every elevation up to 8000ft. although if it's more than 3000, I'll point you in the right direction.
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 16, 2019, 09:13:04 PM »
Well I don't have a career offering but
I can offer some great hiking and or hunting opportunities at just about every elevation up to 8000ft. although if it's more than 3000, I'll point you in the right direction.

Ken,
 I lived and worked in southern Arizona for a little bit in 06. Loved the hiking out there.

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 16, 2019, 09:39:45 PM »
We got up to about 7700 hiking in Grand Teton and it was slow going having been at sea level 2 days prior.  Was proud of the wife and kids for hanging in there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline cj7ox

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 17, 2019, 11:14:59 AM »

Depends on what's open honestly.

I've had a couple people try to get me to move to Kentucky recently as well.

Shoot me an email with assignments/experience, and a wish list of what you'd like to do. Most of the Camp Shelby jobs would be at the RTI as an instructor. There is a log unit in Hattiesburg. sean.m.davis.mil@mail.mil
~Sean M. Davis

Μολων Λαβε

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 17, 2019, 08:09:33 PM »
Shoot me an email with assignments/experience, and a wish list of what you'd like to do. Most of the Camp Shelby jobs would be at the RTI as an instructor. There is a log unit in Hattiesburg. sean.m.davis.mil@mail.mil

Will do. It might be a bit, it's a busy month and next month will be busy as well. But I will get an email out. I've been out of the camo since 2012 if that matters.

Offline cj7ox

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 18, 2019, 09:42:10 AM »

Will do. It might be a bit, it's a busy month and next month will be busy as well. But I will get an email out. I've been out of the camo since 2012 if that matters.

No worries. And it doesn't necessarily matter if you've been out a few years, as long as you can hit 20 prior to age 60.
~Sean M. Davis

Μολων Λαβε

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 25, 2020, 09:31:18 PM »
So here's another update.

I haven't been hitting the gym. Been short handed at work between vacation, holidays. This month doesn't seem to be any better with going to Nebraska for Confined Space rescue train the trainer course, plus I recently enrolled in college so the little time I had to myself got shorter. It's only online but still requires a chunk of my time.

Work - little sleep + college + new girlfriend / my own social expectations (of which I keep few) = little time for throwing weights around.

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 25, 2020, 10:27:27 PM »
Sounds like you are a busy boy!

I just changed my routine to a 5 day split and started creatine, BCAA and citrulline for the first time ever. Prior to I’d only taken whey protein. At my age it really helps. I can really tell the difference.

With the 5 day split and 60-90 seconds max rest between sets I’m in and out of the gym in 45-55 minutes. Some cardio effect as well. My previous 3 day split was nearly 1:30-1:45 each day.  This is much easier to fit in even though I’m there more often.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 25, 2020, 11:07:43 PM »
Sounds like you are a busy boy!

This is true. I'll be getting back to the gym, I just have to figure out my new schedule and make sure it works out properly before I try to get back into working out. I cancelled my jiu jitsu class, just couldn't swing it with the late sessions then work and school.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal