FOOD CORNER > Cooking equipment

So we bought s smoker....

<< < (2/5) > >>

cudakidd53:
Kay bought you a burn barrel.........  :grin:

wyorunner:

--- Quote from: nmeyer414 on December 17, 2017, 11:07:16 AM ---well dang it norm, I could have come out that way and showed you how to make one for $160.

but for real, congratulations, you'll love it.

when you get it, let me know and I can either come out there and give you all the block of inst on how to use it or I can try it over the phone.

just make sure that you get "lump charcoal" they sell it at lowes.  it burns better and longer than the briquettes.

on another note, my cow is done and i am heading out to the cordova meat locker tomorrow to pick it up.

--- End quote ---

Can we get a write up on the $160 one ;)

On another note, if koot goes to husker games or did when they were decent, he's probably happy to have Scott frost as the new coach?

OldKooT:
LoL @ burn barrel. In effect yes....but as she pointed out. The last drum smoker lasted 3 years and it was powder coated. I ended up spending $145 to powder coat it......So big picture hard to purchase a barrel, ceramic coat it, build a fire box and such and not spend close to the $299 buy in on this barrel.

But..... as soon as I find a stainless 30 gallon barrel...I may experiment and build a pellet cooker for the deck I still need to build LoL

OldKooT:
As for the Huskers....

The tailgating at Memorial stadium is world class...best food and widest variety you have ever seen I wager. Visiting fans eat free is the tradition. Drinking free is also quite normal.

Frost was the plan 3 years ago....now we shall see what he can do with the present mess we have. May be a rocky year or two, we shall see. We spent a boat load of $$$, lots of restructuring, fired a AD, corralled some alumni.....ducks are in a row, now we just need to see what he and the boys can do.

wyorunner:

--- Quote from: OldKooT on December 17, 2017, 01:22:19 PM ---As for the Huskers....

The tailgating at Memorial stadium is world class...best food and widest variety you have ever seen I wager. Visiting fans eat free is the tradition. Drinking free is also quite normal.

Frost was the plan 3 years ago....now we shall see what he can do with the present mess we have. May be a rocky year or two, we shall see. We spent a boat load of $$$, lots of restructuring, fired a AD, corralled some alumni.....ducks are in a row, now we just need to see what he and the boys can do.

--- End quote ---

Never been to memorial stadium, but mom and dad have, she graduated there. And then the rest of my extended family lives in NE, one in Lincoln a few in Omaha, grand island and blue hill and Hastings. All big red fans or alum.

Frost did well with UCF so there's hope!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version