Hello Guest

Author Topic: Real Courage  (Read 2897 times)

Offline Higher Caliber

• Staunch UP!
    • View Profile
Real Courage
« on: June 02, 2015, 05:00:23 PM »

With all this Bruce Jenner sensationalism and people referring to him as heroic and so courageous maybe we should take a second and re-set in our brains what real heroism and courage look like! Roger that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Lions mustn't concern themselves with the opinions of sheep"

Molon Labe!

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Real Courage
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2015, 06:12:12 PM »

With all this Bruce Jenner sensationalism and people referring to him as heroic and so courageous maybe we should take a second and re-set in our brains what real heroism and courage look like! Roger that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That guy, the Decathlon Gold Medalist- he's dead!  Secular Progressivism and Medical malpractice killed him............should have just caught a Javelin with his head, instead he elected a scalpel to the groin.....tough way to go.

If the media refused to waste air time on this crap, people wouldn't be so accepting of it, and young kids wouldn't jump to the conclusion that they're GAY because some sicko suggests that it's OK and perfectly normal......I've seen an increase in this CRAP over the last 10 years, because of support and acceptance at the school level.  Not intentional by adults mind you, but moronic Counselors form groups and Official school clubs etc.  Socially awkward kids, picked on for one reason or another, suddenly are supported by a group who's moral compass points to "anything goes" and they start to think "I must be this way, because they LIKE me! (Over simplification - I know, but you get the gist)

In the last 5 years, I know of 6 kids who are/have gone through the medical process of switching their gender!  Surgery track, hormone treatment etc.  BOTH directions.....W.T.H.!  KIDS making irreversible choices with parental sign-off!  What damn teenager, is mentally sound enough to make such a choice?  They haven't fully grown or matured yet!  Make a youthful decision about dropping out, studying to become a pole dancer or become an accountant and make the wrong choice, you can change careers and go back to school!  Chop up your goody bits, and your SOL undoing that mistake!

So Jenner is out of the spotlight, surrounded by famous idiots he fathered/calls family who are paid ridiculous money for public immorality and being feckless fools.  He's gotta figure out a way to become news worthy too!  Really gives illustration to the phrase, "I'd sell my left nut for a ........."

I'm NOT advocating abuse of GAYs, I'm just against saying that their life choice is ok, I will NOT accept it as such, and I will NOT acknowledge their choice as anything other than immoral.  We are all sinners- mine are NOT OK, nor are theirs!

IF the press and media actually focused on topics of worth, we'd all be better off!  Sodam and Gamora  is in scripture for a reason- as valid today, as it was when it was first recorded!
« Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 06:15:41 PM by cudakidd53 »
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2015, 09:26:40 PM »
Kids doing this?

Man, how far we've fallen!
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2015, 12:35:08 AM »
The same lib-tards that want us to be tolerant of Muslims. Muslims would kill them publicly.

Studies show that 3% of the population is homosexual. And yes we should use the scriptural word, not the invented conscripted word "gay". A word chosen by them to make it more palatable. 

But because of all the publicity and the media shoving the homosexual lifestyle down out throat, surveys show people believe that 25% of the population is homosexual.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2015, 08:36:35 AM »
On that note, RN, and speaking of the Muslim world in a country that is a "Islamic republic of _____, maybe all men aren't homosexual. But almost all the men I saw or worked near in Afghanistan practiced homosexual acts. The most sickening day of the week was "Man-love Thursday, on the eve of their holy day, Friday.

Absolutely disgusting!

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2015, 10:29:07 AM »
On that note, RN, and speaking of the Muslim world in a country that is a "Islamic republic of _____, maybe all men aren't homosexual. But almost all the men I saw or worked near in Afghanistan practiced homosexual acts. The most sickening day of the week was "Man-love Thursday, on the eve of their holy day, Friday.

Absolutely disgusting!
Out of all the books I've read about what you guys did, or were doing, over there, the "man love" parts really turned my guts. I had no idea how primitive and immoral those people were. That's the stuff they don't show on any of the news, or movies, or anywhere except from those that are/were there. Our democracy will never work in a place such as that, at least until we become a place like that.
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2015, 12:44:40 PM »

Absolutely disgusting!
Out of all the books I've read about what you guys did, or were doing, over there, the "man love" parts really turned my guts. I had no idea how primitive and immoral those people were. That's the stuff they don't show on any of the news, or movies, or anywhere except from those that are/were there. Our democracy will never work in a place such as that, at least until we become a place like that.

That is exactly how I would describe it as well. It's a sad slippery slope that the mainstream is becoming more and more desensitized to and more and more accepting of.
Husband, Father, Gear guy, Patriot.

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2015, 12:46:20 PM »
Speaking of the media, did you notice almost all newer shows have a homosexual part in them? They push it hard to make it seem the norm.

I don't care what someone does behind a closed door. I don't want to see it or hear about or have to explain to my kids why mike likes mike. 
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2015, 12:52:46 PM »
Speaking of the media, did you notice almost all newer shows have a homosexual part in them? They push it hard to make it seem the norm.

I don't care what someone does behind a closed door. I don't want to see it or hear about or have to explain to my kids why mike likes mike. 

Social conditioning

For now the push is to normalize homosexuality

The next step is to push Christianity toward being a bunch of intolerant bigots

After that, with new pro-gay lifestyle legislation in place, we will start serving jail time for standing on God's word.

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2015, 01:16:37 PM »
Some narcissistic self-absorbed clown choppin' off his own twig'n'berries and buying a set of tata's should NOT be the national barometer of courage or heroism... Makes me sick
2006 Chevrolet 2500 HD 6.6 - MotorOps EFI, 4" MBRP, S&B intake, AirBags and B&W Turnover Ball
Prov 27:17, 2 Tim 1:7
NRA Life Member

Offline Atkinsmatt

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2015, 03:14:00 PM »
It is pitiful that we as society glamorize celebrity.  The immorality that we allow ourselves to be subject to, no as a society, crave, is the foot on the accelerator to ruin and damnation.   The identification of this confused, misguided, mistaken, individual as a hero should shame us as a society and cause the nation to question our values.  If this society wasn’t founded on Christian values, as some now claim, why is it a crime to commit murder or steal? Why is it not a behavior to be tolerated?  Killing someone is against the 10 Commandments and defiantly violates what Jesus said was the most important commandment, "Love your Neighbor as yourself,"  but it is encouraged in the muslim holy book.  Homosexuals are to be killed according to that book.  Don’t forget about man love Thursday like Don pointed out.  That is ignored. Why am I required to tolerate them, (lbgt, muslim, ect), and their actions but my Christian values and opinions are not to be tolerated? 

Where is our national sense of Patriotism?  We are in the midst of Police bashing and harassment.  What about the firemen and other first responders?  These are the people that run to the sound of the guns in the civilian world.  I don’t think they should be worshiped rather respected.  That is courage.  That is love of country.  That is putting others first.  That is what heroes do.  That is what we are all called to do.  Love others as ourselves.

This sense of community, putting others first, even service, is lost on the majority of the population due to the breakdown of families and ever increasing selfishness.

I have had the honor of serving with some of America’s finest in some rough spots around the world.  I have served with heroes.  Both those awarded for courage under fire and those who weren’t. 

Heroes aren’t people who do what they are asked to do.  They are people who do the hard, right thing no matter the circumstances.  No matter who is watching.  They put others first.  No matter what.  No matter the cost.

I have and will continue to raise my sons and lead my wife as we seek to glorify God.  This nation needs God.  The silent majority needs to make noise.  Pray for our leaders, society as a whole and our neighbors.  All politics are local.  We can make a difference but the most important thing is to seek his will and be obedient. 

I am not any more qualified to call someone a national hero than the next guy but I know what a hero is and is not. 
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2015, 06:45:02 PM »

MIKEY doesn't like it!!!  >:(
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2015, 06:52:48 PM »
wrong mike mike
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2015, 07:26:02 PM »
It is pitiful that we as society glamorize celebrity.  The immorality that we allow ourselves to be subject to, no as a society, crave, is the foot on the accelerator to ruin and damnation.   The identification of this confused, misguided, mistaken, individual as a hero should shame us as a society and cause the nation to question our values.  If this society wasn’t founded on Christian values, as some now claim, why is it a crime to commit murder or steal? Why is it not a behavior to be tolerated?  Killing someone is against the 10 Commandments and defiantly violates what Jesus said was the most important commandment, "Love your Neighbor as yourself,"  but it is encouraged in the muslim holy book.  Homosexuals are to be killed according to that book.  Don’t forget about man love Thursday like Don pointed out.  That is ignored. Why am I required to tolerate them, (lbgt, muslim, ect), and their actions but my Christian values and opinions are not to be tolerated? 

Where is our national sense of Patriotism?  We are in the midst of Police bashing and harassment.  What about the firemen and other first responders?  These are the people that run to the sound of the guns in the civilian world.  I don’t think they should be worshiped rather respected.  That is courage.  That is love of country.  That is putting others first.  That is what heroes do.  That is what we are all called to do.  Love others as ourselves.

This sense of community, putting others first, even service, is lost on the majority of the population due to the breakdown of families and ever increasing selfishness.

I have had the honor of serving with some of America’s finest in some rough spots around the world.  I have served with heroes.  Both those awarded for courage under fire and those who weren’t. 

Heroes aren’t people who do what they are asked to do.  They are people who do the hard, right thing no matter the circumstances.  No matter who is watching.  They put others first.  No matter what.  No matter the cost.

I have and will continue to raise my sons and lead my wife as we seek to glorify God.  This nation needs God.  The silent majority needs to make noise.  Pray for our leaders, society as a whole and our neighbors.  All politics are local.  We can make a difference but the most important thing is to seek his will and be obedient. 

I am not any more qualified to call someone a national hero than the next guy but I know what a hero is and is not. 

Very well stated and written

But it aien't gonna change

We're in end times. Doesn't get better, it gets much worse. There is a Christian revival and that is happening right now. But we get persecuted. I think he made sheep dogs out of some of us and wolf season is not too far off

I don't know how, but I believe God will protect his own while the others will get swallowed up.

All this is just setting the stage...

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2015, 10:28:26 PM »
If you want to know what persecution of Christians is read Fox's Book of Martyrs.  One example: roman politicians dipped Christians in pitch and lit them on fire alive to light up their parties.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal