Fire him
4 (16.7%)
Fire him and ban him
4 (16.7%)
Make counter accusations
4 (16.7%)
Let him ride, but beat him a bit about the head and shoulders
6 (25%)
Show Godly love and let the weasel go...;-)
3 (12.5%)
Allow him to come back if he takes back all the jokes he made about Hillary to Ken
3 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 02, 2017, 10:03:13 PM

Author Topic: Stewie's farm... The trials, the victories, the blood, sweat..  (Read 7925 times)

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
Re: Stewie's farm... The trials, the victories, the blood, sweat..
« Reply #50 on: December 29, 2016, 01:01:12 PM »
Well, I think you may be slightly disappointed w/ the "intelligence" of the sheep, but I think they're a little smarter than chickens.

This^^^

I think it's a dead heat between retarded and really freaking stupid either way. Ha

Well from some one who was raised around several hundred head of sheep & having chickens myself I think you are correct......
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline cudakidd53

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 29, 2016, 05:16:31 PM »
Fear not, there's HOPE!  To train any animal, you just have to be smarter than the animal.......not A LOT, just smarter!  ;)
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline stewie

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 29, 2016, 07:09:34 PM »
hahahaha.

well the pens will have a hot wire, but the concept of bait if appealing. it's not uncommon to here rifles/shotguns go off once or twice a night out here.

i wonder if night vision can be seen (no pun intended) as a business write-off. lol.
Equal Opportunity Hater

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 05, 2017, 01:48:36 PM »
Get a Donkey. my late, great uncle who lived to be 98 years old was a sheep rancher in Alberta, Cardston area. Ranched by himself  just over 200 head until the last two years of his life when a stroke took him out of the game. Donkey's will kill wolves, coyotes, you name it, eat the same as the sheep and are slightly smarter.
Husband, Father, Gear guy, Patriot.

Offline stewie

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 15, 2017, 08:05:56 AM »
Get a Donkey. my late, great uncle who lived to be 98 years old was a sheep rancher in Alberta, Cardston area. Ranched by himself  just over 200 head until the last two years of his life when a stroke took him out of the game. Donkey's will kill wolves, coyotes, you name it, eat the same as the sheep and are slightly smarter.

we met a guy who has 2 he wants to get rid of. we're going to need a livestock trailer first (on our to-do list).
Equal Opportunity Hater

Offline stewie

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 19, 2017, 02:20:24 PM »
the past three days have dumped more rain on us in central tx then i can remember. The last time we had rain like this i was still living in the burbs. sewers and engineered draining systems kept the worst from us. however, on stewie's farm, it's the wild west.

the bad.
- the 2+ north facing acres are a swampland. My new k2500 'burb sunk 6" into the driveway and surrounding fields (which are used to turn around in etc). I had to pop the 4wd on to get out to go to work.
- the backyard is a wasteland. all the landscaping and leveling i did was destroyed by water that rushes in from the NW corner of property. The yard is mud and pools of water. we had to move the bantam's to higher ground.
- The tank (pond) south of the backyard rose about 4 feet over it's banks. the normal shoreline is about 35' from the southernmost fenceline. It got within a foot yesterday (shortly after below pics were taken).
- Captain Chunk's Ghetto, I mean Grotto was flooded out (its hard to water seal/make water tight a structure when it's humid and raining out)
- barn flooded, luckily most items are on pallets so damage was minimal
- rain was coming down so hard, the roof of my deck was leaking (never seen that befoh).

the good.
- i now know how the property responds to rain of this magnitude.

to do.....
- wait 5-7 days for ground to dry out enough to work on
- cart in tremendous amounts of dirt so level yard off more
- expedite the purchasing of a new dry storage shed

Equal Opportunity Hater

Offline cudakidd53

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 19, 2017, 04:07:22 PM »
Where do all the snakes go when it rains like that?!
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 19, 2017, 04:18:38 PM »
Stewie, it's good that you're taking notes and are going to fortify the place. Sorry, you received so much rain but you could probably use the rainfall.

Don, your poll was a flop btw. Only 9 people voted and I was one of them........ :popcorn:
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 19, 2017, 06:53:03 PM »
Stewie, it's good that you're taking notes and are going to fortify the place. Sorry, you received so much rain but you could probably use the rainfall.

Don, your poll was a flop btw. Only 9 people voted and I was one of them........ :popcorn:
Looks like the common rabble held you up, Lucky... ;-)
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline stewie

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 19, 2017, 07:25:06 PM »

i have my work cut out for me. the property is perfect for homesteading, prepping, etc. I have everything I need at my fingertips, but the land needs TLC. I had a long chat with my lease farmer. he's a native of like 60+ years and knows the land well. What's needed is heavy machinery, so i may be renting a backhoe, frontloader, etc. real soon.
Equal Opportunity Hater

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal