FOOD CORNER > Share Your Recipe

What's your favorite coffee/coffee story?

(1/3) > >>

Flyin6:
OK, let me start this
First of all, what's your favorite coffee/flavor/brand?
And
What's your favorite memory associated with drinking the heavenly stuff?

I think Nate, from this forum started me on this stuff, but Gervalia brand quoffee from Germany has to be my favorite...House blend thank you very much!

Favorite memory...Well, I have so many it's hard to choose. But one thing for sure my best memories of the stuff involve my sons. I'd have to say that drinking a favorite cup of "Smoke" with Little Don in the living room in our home in Clarksville, Tennessee while talking and rocking in two ancient rocking chairs has to rank right up there.

Recently, the little pre-Ranger will sit in my office in the morning and sip from my large German beer mug filled with some warm and flavored quoffee while we watch some old Looney Tune character. Our favorite is Fog-Horn, Leg Horn instructing the chicken hawk!...

cruizng:
I'll chime in on this one...

Favorite brand is Yuban from the can. Now they are plastic though.

Favorite memory is when I was a teen just starting Elk Hunting in Colorado. We had a big walled tent with a wood stove inside. It was my job to get up early, knock the frost off everything, get the wood stove going and fire up the percolated drip coffee on top of the wood stove. It was in the zero degree's area every morning and I can remember shivering my tail off just waiting the the wood stove to fire up and the coffee to be ready.

Once done I would have a steel cup full of hot coffee that would warm my hands and get me going. I didn't really like the taste but man... it felt good getting warm! :)

EL TATE:
Ooh, which coffee does the guy from Seattle think is the best... Camano island roasters Dark Sumatra. Now that I'm done being fancy...
Folgers crystals in the duck blind with Dad, Grandpa, (his last year) my uncle and cousin, watching the sun rise over the cascades in the Snohomish river valley to what would be come known in the Hudson family circle as black Saturday. 36 ducks, 11 Canadian geese. We had to break mid day to bring our limits to the house and return back for an afternoon session where we got all 11 geese in one group. I was 17 and it was the year my parents divorced. I didn't know it at the time, but that would be the last time I had any real moments with my father and Grandfather that were really important. The conversation over that awful coffee, up to our knees in cow manure laden muddy water that used to be a cornfield was one I will never forget. Best coffee ever.

BobbyB:
I don't really have a favorite coffee, I'm able to drink just about any/all you can put in front of me. As for a story well, I'll have to think about that as well.

Sammconn:
Well, as a Canadian, there is only one Tim Hortons. Best I've ever had was at a resort in Cuba, no clue what is was other than really thick, really black, and oh my delicious.

Best memories, are from somewhere near the middle of nowhere, because I've been there too, in my 10 man arctic tent with a few other guys, just shooting the breeze, or just getting out of the rack. Now it has to be Tim Hortons medium grind, cooked extra long and extra strong in a percolator on the cook stove or woodstove. The aroma of the perk and some good conversation mmmm.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version