Hello Guest

Author Topic: Why Every Real Man Should Include Amateur Radio (HAM) In Their Skillset  (Read 29779 times)

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
    • View Profile
Re: Why Every Real Man Should Include Amateur Radio (HAM) In Their Skillset
« Reply #50 on: December 03, 2014, 09:25:27 PM »
Kc1cwc , showed up Tuesday! They managed to misspell Anthony but other then that I'm on the air
Congratulations!  Feels good to be able to go on the air, right?
Kilo Charlie One Charlie Whiskey Charlie
I like it very much.  Can't get much better phonetics than that, unless its Whiskey Tango Foxtrot....
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline husker77c

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 09, 2015, 10:16:28 PM »
KC3BXR checking in

Just joined this site so I figured I would say hi. I got my technician and general license over a year ago and I have done absolutely zilch when it comes to ham radio since haha.  I was laid off at the time and always wanted to get my ticket and since I had the time I figured why not.   The only radio I have so far is a Yaesu VX-8DR and a beofeng Amazon cheapie dual band.  As soon as money allows I hope to to get a HF rig to try to see how far across the world I can go. 

I also am actively searching for a dual band mobile to put in my truck so I can use down time at work to hone my skills a little bit.   I'm still learning about of ham radio because honestly I just studied to pass the test and didn't retain much of the knowledge.  >:(

Very informative post. Thank you for that.

Offline fenriswolf039

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 06, 2016, 01:36:29 PM »
I'm definitely going to build one of those antenna launchers!!!

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 08, 2020, 10:52:40 PM »
Don asked me to comment on some short wave radio earlier this month. Take a read back through this. Get a ha ndheld. You can transmit radio to radio (simplex) or hit a repeater and cover 10-20 miles or more. My simplex radio antenna in my pine tree hits my bro in law 40 miles away I simplex mode. Hitting a repeated can take you hundreds if not thousands of miles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal