Hello Guest

Author Topic: 1998 Jeep XJ  (Read 56931 times)

Offline JR

• View Profile
Re: 1998 Jeep XJ
« Reply #250 on: May 19, 2016, 12:09:23 AM »
Bobby's thread just got the hi jack......

bu.. but.. I thought I was helping  :-\

You did just fine,,,,,,,,,,,,,DOT
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: May 19, 2016, 02:45:52 AM »
Bobby's thread just got the hi jack......

It'll happen. Now the thread will silently and slowly disappear from the top of the page.

Sweet!

We haven't forgotten about your threads!

bu.. but.. I thought I was helping  :-\

Good job on that white XJ. I've seen Rubicon wheels and tires for sale up around here, but $1,000ish.
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline swbhobie16

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: May 19, 2016, 07:07:06 AM »
yea.. they were not cheap. but he got what i thought was a decent deal on them. it's what he wanted, so it's what we put on. hahah. it's hard to go wrong with a set of American racing or crager black soft 8s 15" with a decent all terrains though. just makes it look clean, yet functional.

that was a relatively rise free jeep, but we did take the axles out, wire wheel the bottom and re under coated it. made a night and day difference IMO.

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: May 19, 2016, 09:14:41 AM »
yea.. they were not cheap. but he got what i thought was a decent deal on them. it's what he wanted, so it's what we put on. hahah. it's hard to go wrong with a set of American racing or crager black soft 8s 15" with a decent all terrains though. just makes it look clean, yet functional.

that was a relatively rise free jeep, but we did take the axles out, wire wheel the bottom and re under coated it. made a night and day difference IMO.

Nice.
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: December 12, 2016, 06:14:49 AM »
Replaced a fuel injector and spark plug on Cylinder 1. Did the re-learn on it and no code so far.

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: December 16, 2016, 06:03:31 AM »
Last night after work, I replaced the remaining spark plugs, installed all new wires, distributor cap and rotor on XJ.

Cleared the code again....  ::)

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: June 28, 2017, 07:48:38 AM »
XJ is gone. Got tired of it sitting in the parking lot, so I donated it to the Rawhide Boys ranch.

Thread complete...  :rolleyes:

Offline cudakidd53

• View Profile
« Reply #257 on: June 28, 2017, 08:20:58 AM »
If true, this is a sad day.  :sad:
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: June 28, 2017, 08:21:57 AM »
Say it isn't true!

Bobby with no 4WD?
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline cj7ox

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: June 28, 2017, 09:11:45 AM »
 :cry: :cry: :cry:
~Sean M. Davis

“The citizens of a free state ought to consist of those only who bear arms.” ~Aristotle

Μολων Λαβε

Offline Sammconn

• Just A Guy in the Sticks
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: June 28, 2017, 11:17:17 AM »
Noble donation...
Bobby needs wheels...
And 4wd, good for you Bobby, what's next?
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: June 28, 2017, 12:35:04 PM »
If true, this is a sad day.  :sad:

It's true. It was picked up and hauled off while I was at work yesterday.

Say it isn't true!

Bobby with no 4WD?

Very true. Only my car now.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

I'll survive, just means a new search.

Noble donation...
Bobby needs wheels...
And 4wd, good for you Bobby, what's next?

I'm waiting to see what pops up, no real hurry to get something. Means I can put money aside and possibly get something newer with less miles.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 12:35:38 PM by BobbyB »

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: June 28, 2017, 01:02:22 PM »
And what's the status with the lady friend?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline Sammconn

• Just A Guy in the Sticks
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: June 28, 2017, 01:14:16 PM »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'll bet she has a 4x4... :cool:
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: June 28, 2017, 01:35:19 PM »

She's still here.

I'll bet she has a 4x4... :cool:

She does indeed. She drives a Jeep Liberty.

Offline cj7ox

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: June 28, 2017, 01:53:11 PM »
She does indeed. She drives a Jeep Liberty.

I don't think that quite qualifies, Bobby, but at least it's a Jeep.
~Sean M. Davis

“The citizens of a free state ought to consist of those only who bear arms.” ~Aristotle

Μολων Λαβε

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: June 28, 2017, 05:34:21 PM »
I don't think that quite qualifies, Bobby, but at least it's a Jeep.

Well the only requirement was " bet she drives a 4x4" so it qualifies! Lol even though it's all stock.. but still.

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: June 28, 2017, 06:54:43 PM »
My wife drove a liberty when her van was in the shop a couple years ago and she really really liked it.

So what's it been Bobby, 9 months?  Any serious plans developing?
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: June 28, 2017, 07:07:21 PM »
My wife drove a liberty when her van was in the shop a couple years ago and she really really liked it.

So what's it been Bobby, 9 months?  Any serious plans developing?

Monday was 7.

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: June 28, 2017, 07:59:38 PM »
DAMN............!!!!!!!!!!!!!

give the man some breathing room.....................ROFLMFAO!
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: June 28, 2017, 09:32:46 PM »
DAMN............!!!!!!!!!!!!!

give the man some breathing room.....................ROFLMFAO!

It's no biggie. My moment of mourning over XJ's departure is over.

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: June 29, 2017, 07:23:23 AM »
I think he was referring to the "plans" comment. The fact that he knows 7 months to the day is strong evidence this is no passing thing....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline cudakidd53

• View Profile
« Reply #272 on: June 29, 2017, 08:06:16 AM »
Come on guys.......didn't you see these signs earlier?  Property search, XJ neglect, Bear not being mentioned, low post totals.......GOOD FOR BOBBY!   :beercheers:
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: June 29, 2017, 08:26:17 AM »
Come on guys.......didn't you see these signs earlier?  Property search, XJ neglect, Bear not being mentioned, low post totals.......GOOD FOR BOBBY!   :beercheers:

In order of bold text.

1. Hate apartment living. One day there was too much noise and I finally said I'm done.

2. XJ was turning into a nickel and dime money pit and I got tired of chasing one problem into another.

3. Bear is still awesome. That's another reason I want my own place.

4. For a while I wasn't able to log on due to that bug, so I was around just couldn't post.

But thank you. And I remember the timeframe as I met her 2 days before I started my new job at work.

Offline cj7ox

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: June 29, 2017, 11:35:17 AM »

In order of bold text.

1. Hate apartment living. One day there was too much noise and I finally said I'm done.

2. XJ was turning into a nickel and dime money pit and I got tired of chasing one problem into another.

3. Bear is still awesome. That's another reason I want my own place.

4. For a while I wasn't able to log on due to that bug, so I was around just couldn't post.

But thank you. And I remember the timeframe as I met her 2 days before I started my new job at work.

:likebutton:

Way to set'em all straight, Bobby! LOL
~Sean M. Davis

Μολων Λαβε

Offline Bob Smith

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: June 29, 2017, 11:41:08 AM »
I am thinking Bobby is not the one to pick on. He is always prepared to set it straight.

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: June 29, 2017, 01:27:23 PM »

:likebutton:

Way to set'em all straight, Bobby! LOL

I am thinking Bobby is not the one to pick on. He is always prepared to set it straight.

Lol thanks.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: July 01, 2017, 11:31:13 AM »
Bobby,

Watching you "Grow" on your thread here is like watching an episode of "HeartLand"

It's all good and wholesome, and we all hold out so much hope for you and your future, I know it is going to be a bright one. And for my two nickles, I'm betting it will be a walk you will not make alone!

But

I do (Selfishly) want to see you in a proper 4X4...I with the Tanker on that point!

Offline stlaser

• Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: July 01, 2017, 01:20:11 PM »
Plenty other Jeeps to buy any day of the week.

Disregard anything big D might say about them not being proper 4x material. I believe he's just sore from rolling that one he owned years ago..... :popcorn:
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: July 01, 2017, 10:56:38 PM »

Disregard anything big D might say about them not being proper 4x material. I believe he's just sore from rolling that one he owned years ago..... :popcorn:
Hey I own one now!
Sort of
Well, I make the payments on it!

Offline JR

• View Profile
« Reply #280 on: July 02, 2017, 12:38:36 AM »
I am gone for a week and miss all the fun.

RIP XJ  :cry:
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline rpar86

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: July 02, 2017, 02:09:45 AM »
Been driving a Wrangler unlimited this week on vacation... not impressed.
Ryan
2006 GMC 3500 6.6 CCLB SRW 4x4

Offline swbhobie16

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: July 02, 2017, 08:12:50 AM »
Been driving a Wrangler unlimited this week on vacation... not impressed.

bc you're driving a glorified grand caravan.. without the benefits of auto sliding rear doors and worse fuel mileage. hahaha.

(this is all stock, of course. they can be opened up, but enterprise isn't going to do that)

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: July 02, 2017, 09:17:39 AM »
Bobby,

Watching you "Grow" on your thread here is like watching an episode of "HeartLand"

It's all good and wholesome, and we all hold out so much hope for you and your future, I know it is going to be a bright one. And for my two nickles, I'm betting it will be a walk you will not make alone!

But

I do (Selfishly) want to see you in a proper 4X4...I with the Tanker on that point!

Oh I'll eventually get something to replace XJ. As of now throwing money aside for the house (still looking), getting ready to go enroll on college, and pay down debt has more of a priority for me.

I check out jeeps all the time. Keeping the eyes open.

I am gone for a week and miss all the fun.

RIP XJ  :cry:

It's all ok. I could've gotten you all like I got Nate. Sent him a couple pics of a 2012 lifted DMax with 86,5xx miles, told him "so this just happened." It was at my sister and brother in law's shop getting some radio/electronic work done on it. Naturally he had to park it behind my car so I had to stare at it while getting the new radio put into the car...

While it would've been epic to get it, I'm not willing to drop $40,000 on a truck, no matter how much I loved it.

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: July 03, 2017, 01:22:10 PM »
 :knucklehead:
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal