Hello Guest

Author Topic: Rolling Thunder this year  (Read 901 times)

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Rolling Thunder this year
« on: June 04, 2019, 08:15:09 AM »
Bunch of Sergeants put this thing together. (Wish it had been a bunch of Warrant Officer Army Pilots!). Pesky darned NCO's... But God Love em' cause I sure do! Where's my Harley???

Trump Tweets Support For Rolling Thunder: 'If I Can Help, I Will'

The executive director of Rolling Thunder, the annual military event that features hundreds of thousands of motorcyclists traveling to Washington to call for full accountability for prisoners of war and missing in action service members, said that the entire membership would arrive in the nation’s capital if House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, whom he called an “arrogant little b****,” decides to try to impeach President Trump.

Artie Muller, 74, who served as a U.S. Army sergeant in the Vietnam War and is listed on the group’s website as a co-founder, spoke at the National Mall on Monday and posited that Pelosi should be ousted from Congress for the series of investigations she is involved with. He stated, “I would like to see Nancy Pelosi and her hypocrites work on the POW issue instead of bulls***ting [and] aggravating the President of the United States, who's doing a fantastic job.” He added, “When the hell are they going to wake up? It's not their children, their mothers, their fathers that are left behind in the POW camps.”

The Washington Examiner noted, “The numbers involved in a pro-Trump rally could be large. More than 1 million bikers are believed to have traveled to D.C. for this year’s Rolling Thunder rally. And infrequent, unrelated biker activism has drawn large numbers, including a 2013 ride that brought thousands of bikers to counter protest a 9/11 event originally billed as the Million Muslim March.”

Muller also commented on the rumor that Trump had stormed out of a meeting with Pelosi and Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer last week, saying, “He walks out of a meeting with Nancy Pelosi not because he's had a hissy fit like she said. [It's] because he's tired of putting up with her bulls**t … We should look at her and her family background. I have to look at it myself because somebody told me her family background. They're all a bunch of damn thieves. Let's investigate Nancy Pelosi and throw her the hell out of Congress.”

Last November, Rolling Thunder decided to end their annual Memorial Day event in Washington D.C. after a disagreement with Pentagon officials over parking issues. Instead, the group decided to fragment the event into various local events next year.

Rolling Thunder’s first ride was to the Vietnam War Memorial in 1987. It was inspired after Ray Manzo, a former United States Marine Corps Corporal, discovered that American servicemen had allegedly been abandoned in Southeast Asia after the Vietnam War was over. Manzo drafted a letter to motorcycling publications; Sgt. Major John Holland, 1st Sgt. Walt Sides, and Sgt. Ted Sampley joined him to found the group. Sampley's colleague, Bob Schmitt, was looking at the Memorial Bridge, imagining the motorcycles going across it, and stated, "It will be like the sound of rolling thunder coming across the bridge." Thus the name of the group was born.

On Memorial Day 1988, 2,500 men and women made the trip to Washington D.C.; by 2018, 500,000 motorcyclists reportedly made it there.
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
Re: Rolling Thunder this year
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2020, 11:51:43 AM »
Sorry to drag up an oldie, but given the current situation, does anyone know if this is still a thing?
Husband, Father, Gear guy, Patriot.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2020, 12:46:08 PM »
Sorry to drag up an oldie, but given the current situation, does anyone know if this is still a thing?
It exists in many smaller chapters. My old unit has one now. All of us veterans get together once to twice a year for a ride and to hang out. Many of these groups exist. Sometimes several groups in the spec ops community gather together and ride somewhere to make a statement.
Think of it as a patriot army in reserve and on ready alert.

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2020, 12:58:00 PM »
Sorry to be unclear before, I knew they were still around, I was wondering if they still planned on riding on the capital with Pelosi starting the impeachment.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2020, 08:26:19 PM »
Sorry to be unclear before, I knew they were still around, I was wondering if they still planned on riding on the capital with Pelosi starting the impeachment.
I haven't heard

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2020, 01:49:11 PM »
If Warrant Officers had "started" this then NCOs would've had to complete the plan, and make it work after the Warrants had disappeared with coffee cups talking about crew rest or wanting to go push buttons.
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2020, 09:29:24 AM »
Possibly

However history can point to one or two times we actually completed a task!

So there!

;-)

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2020, 09:48:52 AM »
doesn't that just prove you're capable but unwilling;-)

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2020, 07:16:06 PM »
doesn't that just prove you're capable but unwilling;-)
In the crazee armee world, I'm not sure what if anything is proven by our inactions

I just know it can be fun!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal