Hello Guest

Author Topic: VW Goodwill package  (Read 708 times)

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
VW Goodwill package
« on: November 12, 2015, 07:54:08 PM »
so yeah, I got rid of the wife's 03 KIA and bought her a 2015 VW jetta with the TDI.  now all of a sudden millions of un-educated/ignorant sheeple are drinking up all of the Kool-Aid and believing that their diesels will loose thousands of $$$ in value and that they are now going to be the main causes of pollution to the planet............facepalm/smh!

then to top it off, millions of people are complaining about the package that VW is offering as a goodwill gesture/start to making it right (sorry about your luck with the towing issue don).

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=451317

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=448336

If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
Re: VW Goodwill package
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2015, 08:33:53 PM »
I have to say my family has been a huge vw buyer over the years....I or my parents have owned at least 13 VW's...my last jetta had 260K miles and was on the original clutch. I have always been a fan of German engineering (well....except for my pickups and SUV's which have been GM for the most part).

I really am wondering if VW is the only car company that did this. I have to believe that car companies all know what the others are doing....they all reverse engineer each others cars so I find it highly unlikely that VW is alone in having software that defeated emissions testing. And I will go further and put in my conspiracy hat...the Obama administration won't hammer American automakers because the penalties would be too high....they won't hammer Toyota who make the Prius which fits into Obama's Global Warming BS... .so it leads to a European manufacturer (and Obama hates white Europeans anyway) so VW becomes the fall guy.

Let's face it, it's not like VW had mileage that was 50% better than everyone else. Their mileage was right about where the other car companies were. But most don't make diesels. Now when you compare the diesel Jetta's and Golf's they sell in Europe they get about 30% better mileage than the versions here in the US due to the emissions crap we have to put on them so I don't doubt that VW put some enhancements in the software....I just doubt very much that they were the only company doing this. Just my $0.02.

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: VW Goodwill package
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2015, 09:37:15 PM »
I picked up more than 3mpg deleting the dually.  That's more statistically significant than a vehichle that gets 20-30mpg.  I went from 9.2 to 12.4 towing a 15K 5er
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal