Hello Guest

Author Topic: Military action coming to a wildlife refuge near you?  (Read 2962 times)

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Military action coming to a wildlife refuge near you?
« on: January 05, 2016, 10:16:02 PM »
Well things are a bit tense here. I reposted a warning from the "Militia folks" who are not involved in this standoff...

I hope cooler heads prevail, but our government is simply exercising too much overreach and trying to take too many freedoms away. Is this the start??

URGENT Warning on OR Standoff: Military Special OP Assets Have Been Assigned for Standoff. Get All Children Out of There Immediately

Oath Keepers has received very credible information from an active duty source within the special operations community that at least one SOD-X (Reserve/National Guard Special Operations Detachment, see this, this, and this) unit under the command of Joint Special Operations Command (JSOC) has been tasked for this standoff at the Malheur Wildlife Reserve and moved to the area.   Given this, we should expect that other special operations assets, such as Delta Force, will also be involved if the Obama Administration decides to give the green light on a military strike.  And we should expect the presence of the infamous FBI HRT (which were present at both Ruby Ridge and Waco).

Due to this, anyone who has children there, at the wildlife refuge, needs to get them out immediately, and DO NOT take any more children there for any reason (and we do know that some children, including a baby, have been seen there).  We do not need to have the risk of dead children in this incident.  It is unconscionable and immoral for anyone to place children at risk of being in the middle of a firefight or military strike on the armed men holding that federal wildlife refuge.   We DO NOT trust the Obama Administration to do this right, which would be to handle it like the Montana freeman standoff rather than the Waco standoff, and anyone who thinks that Obama won't drop the hammer on Ammon and his men is a fool.   We hope "the adults in the room" in the Administration and in the federal LEO and military community will keep that from happening, but hope is not an operational plan.

Get, and keep, children off the friggin X.   This is not a "free speech" barbecue at Bundy Ranch with live music.   This is a whole different animal.   Children have no business there.   In fact, there should be no non-combatants (no women and children) there at all.   This is not a family event.

Oath Keepers

Short Oath Keepers Statement on this Standoff

I will post a longer statement later, but for now, here is a brief statement on this situation, in general:

Oath Keepers adamantly opposes the armed takeover of the Malheur Wildlife Refuge.  This is not in keeping with the moral imperative of only using force in defense when people's lives are at stake, as at Bundy Ranch in 2014.  In this case, neither the Hammonds nor their neighbors were in imminent threat of being murdered, and neither the Hammonds nor their neighbors asked for any form of armed standoff.   In fact, they oppose it.  This is being done by outsiders who mislead and deceived locals, deceived the Hammonds, and deceived the patriot movement by luring them in with a peaceful rally and then attempting to rope them into a premeditated, manufactured armed standoff.   Both Ammon Bundy and Ryan Payne (who we suspect is an agent provocateur) told the locals in the Committee of Safety, at a public town hall meeting on December 15, that they, the locals on the committee, would be making the decisions on what was to be done, how, and when.   That was a lie, as they were already staging their men and supplies in the area to takeover the wildlife refuge, and had already planned out this takeover of the federal facility at the Malheur Wildlife Refuge.  By doing this, they have given Obama the best New Years present he could hope for - an example of militia movement/patriot aggression, which gives up the high ground while also having the least credibility and support from the locals possible, after lying to them, and also the least support from the patriot community, who were also blind-sided by Ammon and Ryan Payne.

However, as much as we oppose what Ammon Bundy and Ryan Payne have done, we must warn the Obama Administration that it does not have free reign to "Waco" the people in this standoff by using deadly military force, such as an SOD-X, Delta Force, or the FBI HRT to kill them all.  The Federal government must respect their right to due process and do all it can to end this standoff peacefully, without loss of life.   It must treat it like the Freeman standoff, not the Waco standoff.   There will be no more free Wacos, as Mike Vanderbgh, Founder of the Three Percenter movement puts it.  Treat this with kid gloves or risk a civil war.

Stewart Rhodes
Founder and President of Oath Keepers
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Military action coming to a wildlife refuge near you?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2016, 10:52:15 PM »
How would that work in light of the posse comitatus act?
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2016, 11:02:55 PM »
This was dumb and not a very well thought out plan from the beginning. The Bundy boys we're looking to pick a fight and this is the wrong place and time. All they have managed to do is take the focus off of where it should be and that is basically of the Hammonds being involved in a double jeopardy. And if you do a little digging about the prosecutor in this case it is very forth telling. Her name is Amanda Marshall. 

http://theconservativetreehouse.com/2016/01/04/unbelievable-update-oregon-bundy-militia-standoff-the-federal-prosecutor-at-the-heart-of-the-hammond-family-problem/

Again as always the media is right there keeping all eyes off of where they should be. Well, in this case the media and the Bundy's who are nothing more than useful idiots at this point..........

Edit: & in reference the OP this same info is being circulated on WRSA as of this evening so I'd say it is in fact legit.....

« Last Edit: January 05, 2016, 11:13:39 PM by stlaser »
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2016, 11:32:59 PM »
I don't see any good coming of this... Unless you're anti-2a, then it's real time fodder for AWB.

I haven't read a lot, but so far I have not seen "government tyranny", maybe overreach...

Like the Oath Keepers said, the Bundy Ranch incident was different. This feels like they're picking a fight, and I pray they don't get it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2006 Chevrolet 2500 HD 6.6 - MotorOps EFI, 4" MBRP, S&B intake, AirBags and B&W Turnover Ball
Prov 27:17, 2 Tim 1:7
NRA Life Member

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2016, 11:35:18 PM »
If you were the Hammonds I think you would probably side with the "gov tyranny" argument about right now as you're sitting in jail for the second time over the same incident......

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2016, 11:50:41 PM »
Like I said I haven't read a lot. I know there was double jeopardy here, and that's obviously not right. Not sure if an armed occupation is more or less effective than say an organized plea to IJ to get involved or something... Just doesn't feel right to me, and that's just one man's opinion.

2006 Chevrolet 2500 HD 6.6 - MotorOps EFI, 4" MBRP, S&B intake, AirBags and B&W Turnover Ball
NRA Life Member

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2016, 12:27:39 AM »
I think the armed occupation is taking everyone's eye off the ball. From what I read they didn't even have any goals when they took over this facility. Like I said before it didn't seem very well thought out & I think that presents an opportunity yet again to use these guys as a way to go after our 2A......

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
Military action coming to a wildlife refuge near you?
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2016, 01:05:44 AM »
Just read up on the history of the Hammonds... They're definitely getting screwed, and have been for decades. It's irrelevant whether they're good people or not. Lighting a controlled backburn during a wildfire on ones own property is hardly an act of terrorism, especially when it's likely that's exactly what DNR would have done. Then getting re-sentenced, that's baloney. The land grab and harassment by the Feds is bad enough, then to try them in court under some terrorist clause? That's absurd...

But I think my/our point remains... Bundy and clan are not helping advance the 2a cause with current shenanigans

I'll pipe down and let others chime in... not trying to hoard the airwaves here

« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 01:06:57 AM by Dawg25385 »
NRA Life Member

OldKooT

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2016, 07:19:07 AM »
I have been watching this...neither side has much moral high ground.

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2016, 11:08:59 AM »
There certainly is a lot (illegal) going on and from all sides.

I do not like the idea that JSOC is involved at all. They definitely have the expertise to get whatever the boss decides to get done, but if they are doing anything other than providing intel, well, that's use of the united states military against it's citizens within the border, and that is not allowed.
In the past we have provided technical assistance to police agencies who lack the training, but this feels more like direct action.
Police officers, as in state police officers need to peacefully arrest the occupiers of that building/area and then have the whole thing heard in court. I think the Hammond and what happened down on the Bundy ranch needs to see daylight as well on the national stage...and during this election year.
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2016, 11:36:17 AM »
Anyone else notice the biblical irony of the incestuous son of Lot, "Ammon" and his Ammonites, persecutors of the Israelites?
Husband, Father, Gear guy, Patriot.

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2016, 12:12:25 PM »
Police officers, as in state police officers need to peacefully arrest the occupiers of that building/area and then have the whole thing heard in court. I think the Hammond and what happened down on the Bundy ranch needs to see daylight as well on the national stage...and during this election year.

I would agree this would be the best route imo.

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2016, 12:21:45 PM »
I'll bet BHO relaxes ROE more for this than he would in the Mid East.....

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal