GENERAL TOPICS > Adventure

Adventure gear

<< < (2/3) > >>

TexasRedNeck:

--- Quote from: Flyin6 on July 05, 2023, 10:27:16 AM ---
--- Quote from: TexasRedNeck on July 04, 2023, 09:04:15 AM ---https://kifaru.net

My next (and last pack) will be Kifaru.

https://www.tacticalassaultgearstore.com/gear/packs/bags-cases.html

I have a couple of these and they’ve been really good too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

--- End quote ---
That's solid stuff right there.

I did buy the Osprey setup at REI with the 30% off 4th of July sale, but even though I got a great fit out of it, there was no MOLLE. I tried to explain how I normally placed my knife right about here, my lensatic compass over there, and how my med kit was independent and off to my right side...

And I got glassed over eyes.

Nothing in that hippie world of REI gets anything about our military world. Sheep don't need med kits and larger knives I guess. And looking at the civie copies of the military lensatic compass, it has me wondering if any of them know how to do azimuth or back azimuth nav from points???

--- End quote ---
First time I was introduced to a Kifaru was from an army ranger teaching a combat medic course  that had just got back from the sandbox. He flipped it open and showed us his med kit full of tampons, and I about bust a gut. Then I realized how important tampons are to a med kit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flyin6:
Funny you mentioned those.
Recently I tore down my blowout bag from Kandahar. I had so many wads of gauze/cotton and clotting kits in there. Dwarfed everything else combined.
Sobering...

oklawall:
Between tampons and heavy flow pads a womans purse is a good start of a med kit. When my daughter was in girl scout our med kits had both. Served duel purposes

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

BobbyB:
The Osprey pack from REI is great. I bought one for small weekend trips or short jaunts so its only a 48L. Definitely not to be used for multiday, long term living out of, however I have for about 5 days. Maybe something from my military time does carry over... living out of a ruck with little comfort items.

However I am going to get a larger one.

Flyin6:

--- Quote from: BobbyB on July 14, 2023, 09:15:23 PM ---The Osprey pack from REI is great. I bought one for small weekend trips or short jaunts so its only a 48L. Definitely not to be used for multiday, long term living out of, however I have for about 5 days. Maybe something from my military time does carry over... living out of a ruck with little comfort items.

However I am going to get a larger one.

--- End quote ---
The 48 is a good size ruck!
I went at it differently. I bought the 34 for all these short hikes I am doing currently, then when I get into the overnight/multi-day hikes, I will buy another one that is obviously much larger.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version