PERSONAL READINESS > Medical Corner

Army student pilot suffers cardiac arrest

<< < (2/2)

Flyin6:

--- Quote from: cj7ox on September 05, 2023, 02:03:56 PM ---I wonder if he even got the C-19 vaccine. That would be an indicator. Since the USC ruled against requiring the vaccine, it has been optional but encouraged. That happened last year (?). There has also been a spike in cardiac related incidents with the younger generation tied to prolific use of energy drinks and work-out supplements, going back 10 years. Not that I'm for the vaccine, but depending on when this kid entered the pipeline, he may not have received it.

That said, flight school is stressful, and requires a lot of study. On top of that, you have to maintain fitness standards. I'd bet, a lot of these hard charging type As are relying on gallons of Monster to stay awake while studying. And probably hitting the gym with every pre and post workout supplement the GNC on post will sell them. I've had several Cadets in the past have cardiac issues due to burning the candle at both ends and mainlining that crap. one of whom is now a successful Armee whirlybird jockey.

--- End quote ---
From what I understand the victim had received the vaccination. Sent from a reliable source.
Concur from the overindulgence in energy drinks and other supplements. Caught my boy swallowing half a teaspoon of salt before a weightlifting session...!

cj7ox:

--- Quote from: Flyin6 on September 05, 2023, 06:44:19 PM ---From what I understand the victim had received the vaccination. Sent from a reliable source.
Concur from the overindulgence in energy drinks and other supplements. Caught my boy swallowing half a teaspoon of salt before a weightlifting session...!

--- End quote ---

:facepalm:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version