GENERAL TOPICS > Adventure

2025 Alaska trip

<< < (2/2)

wilsonphil:
Im here!

September is the start of winter up there SO if you are dead set on going then I recommond taking a set of chains for all your rigs just to be safe.  I was there most of Aug and snow was flying here and there toward the end of the month.

Its Alaska so weather can change pretty quick, (shamless plug) Starlink has a mobile system that works really well so you could always have the best weather info and you can make calls thru the wireless side of that unit.

All of you will be fine as long as your rigs a solid and prepared.  Nobody shooting at you, no IED, no landminds it will be fine.

it will be a great trip!

Flyin6:

--- Quote from: wilsonphil on March 22, 2024, 10:04:03 AM ---Im here!

September is the start of winter up there SO if you are dead set on going then I recommond taking a set of chains for all your rigs just to be safe.  I was there most of Aug and snow was flying here and there toward the end of the month.

Its Alaska so weather can change pretty quick, (shamless plug) Starlink has a mobile system that works really well so you could always have the best weather info and you can make calls thru the wireless side of that unit.

All of you will be fine as long as your rigs a solid and prepared.  Nobody shooting at you, no IED, no landminds it will be fine.

it will be a great trip!

--- End quote ---
Hey Phil!

So, are you coming?

Shawn is leaning toward September, and I had suggested July, but only as an opening suggestion. I feel September may be too late to enjoy pleasant temps, but what about mid-Aug to say the 1st week in September? I think Shawn wants to be free of the no-see-ums and black flies, get some good fishing in, and see far fewer two-legged pests. All that works for me, but we really need more opinions from those who have some experience before making a solid decision.

Duane has a friend who moved to Wyoming from Alaska. Duane said he would reach out to him to see what he says.

Oh, and I plan to mount a Starlink antenna on the camper...Maybe before the Wyoming/Montana trip in July. Those things just make too much sense not to have one.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version