SAVE THE BEST FOR LAST > Donations

Our Christmas support 2016

<< < (2/17) > >>

Dawg25385:
I'm in. No kid should be without on Christmas. Will donate tonight after speaking with my wife.

Each year we adopt a family, getting gifts for kids... my wife and I, and my sister do it together. We would much rather do that than buy gifts for each other. As you say, Lord knows we have 2 of everything we need, and much more that we simply want. Least we can do is make some kids' Christmas joyful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flyin6:

--- Quote from: Dawg25385 on December 05, 2016, 11:54:11 AM ---I'm in. No kid should be without on Christmas. Will donate tonight after speaking with my wife.

Each year we adopt a family, getting gifts for kids... my wife and I, and my sister do it together. We would much rather do that than buy gifts for each other. As you say, Lord knows we have 2 of everything we need, and much more that we simply want. Least we can do is make some kids' Christmas joyful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--- End quote ---
Copy that, and you are so right

Giving to disadvantaged is SO MUCH BETTER than getting a physical gift.  8)

What people don't understand is that the feeling and satisfaction you get from knowing you did something right and selfless is really one of the best gifts you can get. I'll take that, along with a good cup of joe, and settle for that on any future Christmas.

Flyin6:
OK fellas, we're off and running. I started by shopping them each a color full sized adventure bible. I scored them at a 20% discount and ended up paying $45 and change for the two of them. I purchased my middle son one years ago and before he retired it, he had read the entire thing almost 3 1/2 times!

I then went to Burlington coat factory. I was shopping a coat each and called my wife to get their sized. Kathy told me to step back away from the little girls clothes rack and no one gets hurt! She's a capable woman and I bought her three handguns in as many years. Remember, she's the one that shot up an entire 1,000 round of 9mm 124 gr during one six month stint I had in the Stan...

I am by no means finished. I am going to get some art supplies for Bella tomorrow, as she loves to draw. Not sure yet what sort of a "Toy" I may get for either of them, but I heed to put something like a $50 or $100 gift card for Krogers in there so they can get some food. I'm not letting Kathy kick me away from the coats just yet, I have some fight in me still.

I'll keep everyone posted and take some pics of the presents before I ship them out

This is fun!

Atkinsmatt:
Great Job Don.  Letting Jesus show in our actions is the best sermon that anyone can ever get.

Wilbur:
THIS^^^^

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version