SAVE THE BEST FOR LAST > Donations

Christmas 2017

<< < (14/14)

Flyin6:
I apologize for not having pics just yet, I forgot to take my camera and the pastor's wife took pics with her I-Phone and said she will send to me later on. Understandably, it is a rush tonight. Following the Latin service I made one presentation then spent maybe fifteen minutes in the Pastor's parlor talking to the family, and what a family this is!

They were desperate for someone to hear their story and not just be processed for deportation. Yes, they are on the list. Man this was tough hearing about what I see is a gross injustice. On one hand Obama was sneaking muslim refugees into Pennsylvania at night on chartered aircraft and wisking them away on chartered busses with narry a word spoken.

Then we have this family. Refugees from the drug cartels who if sent back to the country from which they narrowly escaped with their lives, they will be slaughtered. Now how can we do that? I for one am going to do what I can to help. I have set up a time after the new year to interview them. My plan is to copy all the Immigration paperwork and get some names. Then construct their story the best ai can and try to connect it with facts and known occurances and information.

Armed with that, I plan to drive to the immigration office with the pastor we gifted the money to buy the handgun to and speak with them.

The father works two jobs. THe mother works two jobs. THe oldest son graduates in may from Northern Kentucky University (Correction here, I earlier stated UK) with a degree in mechanical engineering, magna cum laude! Their 11th grader is a bright young lady who is carrying a straight "A" average and dreams of becoming a bio-chemist (Ah-WHAT?)

Does this sound like some derelict family to anyone here? As opposed to the muslims I see huddled together in costco looking like they came from mars (as in yesterday) and making no attempt to speak english or interact in any way with Americans. OK, given the choice, I chose the first family.

OK, sorry to get political here. We did a good thing and that stands alone. The mother said to say "God Bless you" to all the men who gave to this and was just beside herself that some American stepped out to try and help. I was careful to mention that the money came from both Americans and Canadians. If the truth be known, well, that's it. Everyone gave. Borters don't matter with good men like you all

So, thank you very much for making this Christmas possible. Oh and the remaining $174 I'll be drinking it up down at the bar. or
I'll either drop it in the spanish church offering plate or spend it on that boy in the special ed class. BTW, he got his shoes!

Flyin6:
Merry Christmas all!

It turns out I snapped a couple pics of the money gifts before leaving for the ceremony. The last two families got this. Yea, simple, but they don't need blue ray players, they need food and electricity and a new set of tires...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version