SAVE THE BEST FOR LAST > Donations

Give away home

(1/2) > >>

Flyin6:
Real Man had the opportunity to participate in a give away home project. We purchased the paint for a couple rooms.

The non profit my wife works for purchased a run down home, then rebuilt it over the winter and restored it to near new condition. Then they searched and found worthy candidates and last week made the final selection. The home will be given (on condition) to a 21 year old single mom.

Much vetting took place and this young lady is a worthy reciepient. She admits to earlier poor choices and is now pulling herself up by her boot straps and changing her life and that of her child. She is starting college this fall and is currently working full time.

The home remains hers although she needs to meet certain "Growth-related" goals during the first 5 years. Should she fail to meet them, she will lose the home, so this is a serious game indeed. When, if ever, she sells the home, a percentage of the proceeds will flow back into the non-profit. If she chooses to live there the rest of her life, she will do so without a mortgage or rent payment for life!

We are taking steps to do the same for a veteran!

I emptied the account of the $73 we had for this cause. Thanks again to those who donated!

Nate:
this is really great news!

cudakidd53:
Way cool to hear Don!

Any update on the refuge Christian, Christmas Families from muszloid land?

Flyin6:

--- Quote from: cudakidd53 on May 06, 2015, 07:39:47 PM ---Way cool to hear Don!

Any update on the refuge Christian, Christmas Families from muszloid land?

--- End quote ---
Update? Sure.
One of the families is next in line for another give away home.

But this guy got a job at a Chick-Filet as the soo-chef. His wife got a job as well and they are climbing up out of the hole. He checked and qualifies for a home loan so he wants to buy it himself. THing is he doesn't have the down payment. The non profit worked and found a home that he can afford but he needs $3700 for a down payment. I was thinking of how he could get that, but no ideas yet.

He put two of his older children in college! I love it when people act responsible and work hard to put their lives back together after a disaster!

Oh and that $73 bought a lot of paint. THe non profit gets the stuff heavily discounted. Today the paint store guy cut that price in half, so in reality that $73 purchased around $200 worth of paint! Just this past weekend we were talking about how we add money to money, but God multiplies it and other blessings. Here is a perfect example of that.

So goal is to give the house to her on Mother's day, but with no appliances yet, that might be a stretch. Then schedule a move in day for early June complete with a ribbon cutting ceremony

Flyin6:
My wife gave that house away today, mother's day, to a struggling young mother. We will contribute some more $$$ as soon as they tell me what needs to be purchased next. The young lady moves in her refurbished home in June

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version