GENERAL TOPICS > Our Pro-Military, Veteran, and Thin Blue Line place

Keeping the memory of a young man alive

<< < (2/6) > >>

oklawall:

--- Quote from: Flyin6 on March 23, 2018, 10:01:37 PM ---
--- Quote from: oklawall on March 23, 2018, 09:46:15 PM ---That was 5 years ago and on 18 May we will be having our 5th 5K in Seminole Oklahoma. Each year it has had more people attened, donate/support. This year one of the guys that was with Brett when he was killed has become a Army NG chopper pilot and is working to do a fly over (sorry Don Ithink that it will be in Blackhawks). Krysten has got the sponser letter sent out in is already working on the design for this years t-shirt. Last year several of members of the unit that Brett was in had been deployed they signed up on line and ran the 5K in the AOR.

With all that said I hope you enjoy this build thread for a 5 K run to honor a young man

--- End quote ---
BlackHawks or not, that is one honorable and cool thing to have happen. Congrats on pulling all this off, and my sincere condolences for your unfathomable loss.

I could donate a signed copy of my book as a door prize if you'd like...

--- End quote ---
Don, Thank you for the offer I will ask the boss (Krysten) if she would like to do that and let you know

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-P907A using Tapatalk

oklawall:
Quick update; we have gotten several sponsor letters and checks (15 I think) so that will take care of a good part of the price of putting on the event ( medals,  T shirts, water, fruit and official time keeper). Starting to all come together which is a good thing. Krysten is hoping to give out more scholarship or larger ones.

oklawall:
Don, Krysten said she would love to give away to the top finisher of the race. She asked if we could buy a 2nd copy and get you to sign that one and give it to the top male and female finisher?

Thanks
Steve

Flyin6:

--- Quote from: oklawall on April 01, 2018, 12:19:52 AM ---Don, Krysten said she would love to give away to the top finisher of the race. She asked if we could buy a 2nd copy and get you to sign that one and give it to the top male and female finisher?

Thanks
Steve

--- End quote ---
I know I have at least one, not sure if I have two...
I'm good for the one for sure, the other is available on Amazon. If you go that route, send it to me, I'll sign and send to you.
So, forward me your address. and I'll get out what I have.

oklawall:

--- Quote from: Flyin6 on April 02, 2018, 08:03:50 PM ---
--- Quote from: oklawall on April 01, 2018, 12:19:52 AM ---Don, Krysten said she would love to give away to the top finisher of the race. She asked if we could buy a 2nd copy and get you to sign that one and give it to the top male and female finisher?

Thanks
Steve

--- End quote ---
I know I have at least one, not sure if I have two...
I'm good for the one for sure, the other is available on Amazon. If you go that route, send it to me, I'll sign and send to you.
So, forward me your address. and I'll get out what I have.

--- End quote ---
Don, I order the last book from Amazon today so I will may that to you when it comes in

Thanks Steve

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-P907A using Tapatalk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version