TOOLS, CONSTRUCTION, ALTERNATIVE ENERGY > Construction and heavy equipment

The "Chief" Thread place

<< < (34/34)

Flyin6:
Picked up the new line, $155 for a 50" piece of hose with ends, but all in all, I'd say that's OK. I plan to cut the bad end off that separated from what looks like a fairly recent Gates hose that failed. Maybe it was just a bad crimp job, but the hose was pulling out of the fitting, and had not failed at all, just a bad crimp job.

The lines going outward on top of the boom are all crooked and twisted, just poor repair work at some time. I think I'll disconnect all that and put it together correctly.

As you can see most of the lines are in good condition. When these machines are living in production by multiple operators, no one really cares and goes about slamming the booms and dipper-sticks and buckets into everything often resulting in torn off lines. I have babied the thing and will continue to do so as time is not money with me. I think a heavy duty machine like this one can live indefinitely in a low use farm setting like mine. Anyway, I'll do my part and keep it serviced and hope for full usage even into my son's time after I leave the earth.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version