Hello Guest

Author Topic: Shelter in Place workout  (Read 2298 times)

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Shelter in Place workout
« on: April 06, 2020, 12:08:20 PM »
Thought I would post this up for us to share our workout ideas since those of us that can’t get to the gym need to stay in shape and focused. All the preparedness was to get us ready for moments like these and staying in shape is extremely important

So, I was on a 5 day rotation in the gym and now that I’m working remotely and can’t get to the gym, so far I’ve incorporated:

Wheel of death for ab workout
Push-up handles for deep pushups
Jump rope for cardio and coordination

Was searching for a shoulder and back exercise and just found this.

.30 cal ammo can full of 45ACP makes for great dumbbell raises for the shoulders!

I’m now trying to find the right piece of pipe to build a pull up bar

What ideas do you guys have or what is your routine?  Let’s help each other stay motivated and in good shape in the event things get worse

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline dave945

• Registered
    • View Profile
Re: Shelter in Place workout
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2020, 02:58:02 PM »
I’m able to do full pyramid sets of shoulder and bench presses using children as my weights. With the right combinations of children I can get a good squat workout going as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
Re: Shelter in Place workout
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2020, 04:15:58 PM »
And here I thought this was gunna be horizontal ticking with the better half!  :tongue:
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline wyorunner

• Registered
    • View Profile
Shelter in Place workout
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2020, 04:47:41 PM »
Charles, look into a TRX system. Can make a person regret owning it in short order for the amount of workout options it provides and ensuing pain one willingly inflicts upon his or herself. Her last position gave her one so it’s one thing we use. It has ten minute workout plans that can be utilized as well.

Also, sprints.... empty, dragging something heavy, carrying five gallon water jugs, and more regular sprints.

Burpees..... something like 5, sprint 50-100yds five more, rinse and repeat until unable. Or 45 minutes has passed.

We are primarily cardio people, so we tend to just run, or ride, or paddle.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2020, 04:48:24 PM by wyorunner »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal