Hello Guest

Author Topic: Kanati trail hog  (Read 2314 times)

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Kanati trail hog
« on: November 26, 2021, 05:07:56 PM »
I just purchased my second consecutive set of Kanati Trail Hog 10 ply tires in 37 12.50R18 sizing

Although I failed to denote the exact mileage of when i installed them I remember it being sub-100K. My truck currently has 138K so that means I got something around 40,000 miles out of these tires.

Now that is no small feat. No tire, not Toyos, not Federals, not any of the other brands I ran ever came close with most barely getting to half that mileage.

These Kanatis still have at least 30% of their tread remaining and I will use them as is to make the nine hour highway drive down to Ft. Benning to pick up my son next month.

So how would I rate them overall. In a short sentence, I would say they are the very best tire I have ever installed onto this truck period. That's why I purchased the exact same tire as the next set. In the mud last week, they were slipping around but still propelled me forward, but with 1/4" tread, I did not expect much. I actually pulled a trailer through the slick stuff. They have remained very quiet and never required any balancing other than the 6 oz. of beads that I ran inside. I used to run them at 50 psi, but eventually upped that to 60, then finally 65 as my daily running pressure.

I ran over several nails, but repaired them myself. What remains of the plugs still show today. I did not think they were overly noisy, as in maybe half the noise of a mud tire. After owning them, I am sold on all terrain type tires as long as I have a winch or someone along the way with a tow strap. I have used these tires in mud, goo, over rocks and branches, highway speed, towing and fording water around 18" deep. They never let me down. A tread pattern copy of Goodyear's Dura-tracks, they are by far the best tires for the money in this sizing available today. I purchase from Simple Tire who has free shipping and offers me a 5% military discount. I paid $1419 out the door for four new tires. I am happy with the purchase.
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal