Hello Guest

Author Topic: Lieutenant Commander Baleme  (Read 1929 times)

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
Lieutenant Commander Baleme
« on: June 09, 2016, 10:32:07 PM »
so I received a bit of sad news yesterday. 

I was informed that a TRUE AERICAN HERO, a member of the greatest generation, a 3 WAR Veteran is not doing very well!

here is the original posting that I got the information from.  I will do a link and a copy and paste because I do not want to give out bad information.

https://www.facebook.com/lbaleme/posts/10208684585285845?pnref=story

Just a quick update on my Father. He is in hospice care living every day that God wakes him up for. He is relatively pain free, but suffers from a very wide range of organ difficulties that he'll likely succumb to. Last week we thought there were mere hours remaining... This week he is very tired but holding strong.
WWII, Korea, & Vietnam vet, Surface Warfare and Nuclear Weapons Naval Officer, and had to endure the suck my brother and I put him through, he is as tough as they come. If there ever was a man who could withstand any obstacle he met, it is my father!
I am blessed and honored to call him my Dad!

I will link this post to Sergeants Major (ret) Lee Baleme, so that our prayers can be passed to his father.

lastly, I would like to end this post with this.

Heavenly Father,

Please provide comfort, safety, support and wisdom to the Baleme Family during this time of need.  Father, please provide Comfort to your warrior that you have seen fit to spare in the fight against wrong, oppression, aggression, genocide, hatred, etc.  He has been an inspiration to thousands of your children, by doing what is right and showing them what right looks like through his actions.  Father, I am one of those blessed children that have had the great fortune to learn what right and wrong is thru the teachings and mentorship of his son Lee.  Father if it is this warriors time to come home, then we ask that you have mercy and not let your warrior suffer any longer.  If your warrior has more to teach us, we ask for that enlightenment / knowledge.  In Jesus’ name I pray, AMEN.

If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Lieutenant Commander Baleme
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2016, 10:47:54 PM »
Amen

Time for this warrior to stand down, his watch is done...well done!
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2016, 01:18:58 AM »
here is a reply that I just received from SGM Baleme.

Nate, now that I've collected myself... That was the most moving and humbling prayer! Powerful... Thank you Nate! I am grateful and blessed for your friendship
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2016, 03:10:24 AM »
Nate that was a very powerful prayer. And for a well deserving soldier. Bless him Lord.

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2016, 07:29:44 AM »
Moving and powerful words Nate- (prayers sent)
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2016, 11:39:15 AM »
LCDR Leroy C. Baleme, USN, Ret., passed away peacefully and comfortably late this evening in Tacoma Washington.

https://www.facebook.com/lbaleme/posts/10209145299563414

It is with a very heavy heart that my brother Mark and I inform you that after 90 wonderful and fulfilling years of life, our father, LCDR Leroy C. Baleme, USN, Ret., passed away peacefully and comfortably late this evening in Tacoma Washington.

Dad lived a fulfilling and productive life not only growing up around an extensive Baleme family and farms in the northern San Joaquin Valley, he also served 24 years honorably in the US Navy from 1943 to 1967, with active overseas service during WWII, Korea, and Viet Nam as both a Sailor and a nuclear weapons Naval Officer.

Following his service, Dad owned his own air conditioning and heating division that served the greater San Diego counties. He retired following a successful career for National Steel and Shipbuilding Co in San Diego as a Quality Assurance/Quality Control inspector in the early 1980's.

Dad lived out the majority of his comfortable retirement years in Depoe Bay Oregon with our recently deceased step-mother Shirley.

Dad loved racing cars, Classical music, and both leisure sailing and racing. Dad is survived by his brother Duane Baleme, and sister Beverly Carey of Fresno California, and his two sons Lee of Tacoma Washington and Mark of Portland Oregon.

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2016, 10:46:57 PM »
Well done my good and faithful servant.  No greater words can one aspire to hear when their journey is complete.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2016, 12:11:32 PM »
Thank you sir, and God speed.
Husband, Father, Gear guy, Patriot.

Offline cj7ox

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2016, 04:51:21 PM »
Your watch is over, sir. You have provided dedicated service in times of hardship, and time of peace. You have successfully kept the wolves at bay, and manned your post with honor. You stand relieved, sir. Rest easy, and at peace with our Lord and Savior. Thank you, for a job well done. I salute you.
~Sean M. Davis

“The citizens of a free state ought to consist of those only who bear arms.” ~Aristotle

Μολων Λαβε

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal