VEHICLES, CAMPERS, and BOATS > Tires, Wheels, and Suspension

Do we need a spare tire for overlanding/off roading?

<< < (3/3)

stlaser:

--- Quote from: Flyin6 on April 12, 2023, 09:30:40 AM ---
--- Quote from: stlaser on April 11, 2023, 08:09:04 PM ---Why last two trailers I’ve bought have 16 ply tires on them…..

--- End quote ---
Same here, Last two trailers, 16K and a 17K both have the 16 ply solid steel with iron liners, tires...
Gave the dumper a workout yesterday. carrying 12,000 of #57 creek stone. Total weight, !6,200 trailer and cargo. Pulled that with the D-max.

--- End quote ---

Yup, a fan of the Kaufman trailers and the minimal $1k upgrade to those axles, tires and wheels.

EL TATE:

--- Quote from: wilsonphil on April 11, 2023, 01:25:50 PM ---When I tow trailers I always carry 2ea spares, reason is most of the tires are from the Chinaman and do not hold up.  Almost every trip across the country I have needed one.

Deep off road I did the same thing 2ea, and on two different trips I needed them both, one the tire failed and the second was rocks cutting side wall.

--- End quote ---

Rocks cutting the sidewall is a common issue out this way from shale and sharp granite. i wouldn't go out without one

Sammconn:
Sounds Ike you’re already keeping it.

You should have seen the guys wrestle the baseball sized rock out of the steel and treads to see how big it actually was. Yes baseball sized. Three grown men to remove. Lol

That needs a new tire as they’re ain’t no amount of plugs fixin that.
I’ve as well used about a dozen to get out of a bind.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version