Hello Guest

Author Topic: back in the PNW!!!!  (Read 2993 times)

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
back in the PNW!!!!
« on: May 01, 2016, 03:05:12 PM »
well, the trip back to the PNW was very uneventful!  I left 42713302016 (for the civi's that would apr 27 2016 at 130pm (month / day / hour / year)), spent the night in Renton, NM. then headed out and spent the next night in Ogden, UT. then pulled into the north side of Lacey, WA. at 42918302016.

B.B. pulled that trailer like a dream (considering that I was 200lbs overweight on the trailer and I had like 3K on top of the drive axle).  I had a 9 MPG average up to Renton, a 11-13MPG average thru Colorado and Wyoming (20-30mph winds right up my ass all the way thru Wyoming most likely had something to do with those high numbers???) and then thru Oregon and Washington I was down to 7-9MPG (the 6%up and down grades had a big part to play in that).

during the trip, black betty gave up her ghost that was in the EGR and so now I get a CEL everytime I start her up, also I now have a glow plug #2 CEL as well.

so 30 mar 16 Tracey and I went to look at this house

http://seattle.craigslist.org/oly/apa/5524093081.html

it sits about 2 block off of a lake, on 1/3+ acre, a bit small (but its only tracey and I and 2 dogs), and in a very quiet neighborhood.  the yard needed a ton of work and there was a lot of maint work that needed to be done to the house, but that was cool because it would have given me something to do. 

now the downside

there were 3 different ads for this same place put up by the homeowner, 1 said $1200, 1 said $1300 and the morning we looked at it, she posted another one that said 1350.  as we were sitting there waiting for the home owner to show up, another couple showed up saying that they were there to look at the place as well.  whatever!  so the home owner shows up, and I took a quick look inside and then started to ask her (the homeowner) about what it would cost $$$ wise to get in the house.  she said it would take first month, last month, deposit and a fee for each dog ($1300 first month + $1300 last month + $1300 deposit + $300 per dog non-refundable + $50 per person for a back ground check + $50 per person for an application fee for a grand total of $4700!  I looked her directly in the face and told her that she was a crook and that I was going to report her to the housing authority, looked at tracey and said were out of there.
Oh the joys of house hunting…………

Ill keep everybody updated as to the current situation

If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
Re: back in the PNW!!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2016, 03:52:31 PM »
Glad you made it safely. Holler if you need anything, I'm just up i5 from you bout 30 mins

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2006 Chevrolet 2500 HD 6.6 - MotorOps EFI, 4" MBRP, S&B intake, AirBags and B&W Turnover Ball
Prov 27:17, 2 Tim 1:7
NRA Life Member

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2016, 05:39:56 PM »
Don't forget to use that politics survey site I posted awhile back and enter in your desired zip- it'll give you the approximate political values of those you're about to settle amongst!  Best of luck Nate!
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2016, 06:06:23 PM »
Congratulations Nate!!! Good to see you finally got out of that rat's nest. good luck to you and yours buddy.
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2016, 07:52:25 PM »
Glad you had good trip. House looks OK but if they are like Ca you cannot charge 1st and last. Dogs, well I have dealt with as a owner, I don't rent anymore.

The rest sounds good. You up there out of the heat?
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2016, 07:34:23 AM »
Nate thanks for the update.  Glad you got back where you were wanting to go.  Stupid people abound, so set the bar low and your tolerance high.  It will keep the body count down...
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline Atkinsmatt

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2016, 07:43:29 AM »
Glad that you are back into your part of the world.  Ease into the transition.  The work ethics and thought processes are different than you are used to.
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

Offline Bob Smith

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2016, 08:47:00 AM »
Hey Nate, welcome to WA. When we get back home we will need to meet up and put a face with names. I get down to Oly quite often as am still working on my mom's estate stuff and have family still there.

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2016, 09:56:35 AM »
pffft! Several positives that outweigh that negative; you're closer to me, so I can eat your barbeque, you're in a rural area of WA so emissions crap gets to come off, (bye bye egr), the farther you get from the base, the less chance you'll have a unscrupulous landlord trying to rip you off, but not much farther. Look south towards Westport, maybe get near the water, did I mention I can eat your barbeque? See, lots of positive aspects!

Good to have you local sir, and thank you.
Husband, Father, Gear guy, Patriot.

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2016, 04:34:19 PM »
Wish you 2 were just a little closer,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline cj7ox

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2016, 05:20:22 PM »
Congrats on the move, Nate! Glad you had a safe and uneventful trip. Hope you find a much less crooked "landlord", and are able to get your roots planted soon.
~Sean M. Davis

“The citizens of a free state ought to consist of those only who bear arms.” ~Aristotle

Μολων Λαβε

Offline rpar86

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2016, 06:05:17 PM »
Tate, I may beat you there... you have to go through Seattle traffic, I don't ;)
Ryan
2006 GMC 3500 6.6 CCLB SRW 4x4

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2016, 06:53:24 PM »
When I went to Canada a couple times I always timed it to miss rush hour there. I thought SF was a mess!!!!!

Thomas Jefferson

Offline rpar86

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2016, 07:27:16 PM »
Only two NB lanes on I-5 through the heart of the city... Portland has that too.  Idiots!  Claim imminent domain, tear something down and build some roads!

/rant off
Ryan
2006 GMC 3500 6.6 CCLB SRW 4x4

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2016, 08:13:17 PM »
Only two NB lanes on I-5 through the heart of the city... Portland has that too.  Idiots!  Claim imminent domain, tear something down and build some roads!

/rant off

That'll come in hand during Tsunami, Earthquake, SHTF scenarios........SMH :(
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2016, 08:17:57 PM »
first, thank you all!

second, I have found a home and signed a lease, I will move the trailer there tonight and start the unpack tomorrow.

I will get you all a few pics in a few days.
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2016, 08:18:55 PM »
oh and check the up-coming events tab here in a few minutes!

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2016, 09:14:47 PM »
Good for you Nate!
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2016, 09:25:09 PM »
Sounds great Nate. Bet you got a better deal to boot, need pics.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Sammconn

• Just A Guy in the Sticks
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2016, 09:28:01 PM »
Glad you made it safely.

Enjoy!
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2016, 08:54:11 PM »
I SO FARKIN HATE MOVING!!!!!!!!!!

whats making it even worse, is that we are having to wipe EVERYTHING down before we put it in its place!  When you live in a dusty sharthole with single pane windows that let everything come thru the cracks and settle all over everything!!!!!!!!!!

Have i ever expressed how much i hated that sharthole of a town (el paso)

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2016, 10:06:18 PM »
Take a deep breath......
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
back in the PNW!!!!
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2016, 11:46:35 PM »
Moving sucks. But the weather over the next 10 days here in the ole "always raining" PNW, and you being able to enjoy it in retirement, will cheer ya up hopefully :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 11:47:33 PM by Dawg25385 »
2006 Chevrolet 2500 HD 6.6 - MotorOps EFI, 4" MBRP, S&B intake, AirBags and B&W Turnover Ball
NRA Life Member

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2016, 12:34:00 AM »
Not so sure about the rain all the time part. I can take every couple 3 weeks for a day or so. All the time, no.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2016, 08:38:57 AM »
Not so sure about the rain all the time part. I can take every couple 3 weeks for a day or so. All the time, no.
It drives Little Don crazy.

So much so that he bought a cabin on the east side of the state and now spends a lot of time in Costa Rica

Still, he stays there!  Curious...
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2016, 09:45:07 AM »
It drives Little Don crazy.

So much so that he bought a cabin on the east side of the state and now spends a lot of time in Costa Rica

Still, he stays there!  Curious...

East side is awesome. Love camping over there.
NRA Life Member

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal