Hello Guest

Author Topic: WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)  (Read 1390418 times)

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)
« Reply #3550 on: May 24, 2017, 10:38:46 AM »
Sold the trailer on Sat, and bought a boat on Sunday. '95 Larson 20ft bowrider w/ a 4.3L Mercruiser w/ radiator and EZ load single axle trailer. Custom Seahawks interior got my attention, but the outdrive is new, all new stainless braided hydraulics, most of the electrical has been updated, new bilge, pretty new tonneau cover and only 240hrs.

edit: screen shot has facebook crud on it, but I can't seem to crop it. oh well.
What's with the ugly colors?

Needs some orange and black tiger striping!
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3551 on: May 24, 2017, 10:09:51 PM »
Sold the trailer on Sat, and bought a boat on Sunday. '95 Larson 20ft bowrider w/ a 4.3L Mercruiser w/ radiator and EZ load single axle trailer. Custom Seahawks interior got my attention, but the outdrive is new, all new stainless braided hydraulics, most of the electrical has been updated, new bilge, pretty new tonneau cover and only 240hrs.

edit: screen shot has facebook crud on it, but I can't seem to crop it. oh well.
What's with the ugly colors?

Needs some orange and black tiger striping!

well, they are interested in Colin Kapernickle......
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline Bob Smith

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3552 on: May 24, 2017, 10:22:17 PM »
And...just who is they. Just because some us live here does not mean we agree with all the actions of the many.....Oh, nice boat Tate

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3553 on: May 25, 2017, 08:32:35 AM »
And...just who is they. Just because some us live here does not mean we agree with all the actions of the many.....Oh, nice boat Tate
In-coming!!!!

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3554 on: May 25, 2017, 09:27:05 AM »
at least kyle hasn't come in here waving all that Chihuahua purple..............oh wait, he splattered that all over his shop.....lol
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3555 on: May 25, 2017, 09:46:59 AM »
I think if we ever did bring on Kapernicus he'd just wind up being the center of the bench and center of controversy and center of his own universe.
Husband, Father, Gear guy, Patriot.

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3556 on: May 25, 2017, 10:29:08 AM »
at least kyle hasn't come in here waving all that Chihuahua purple..............oh wait, he splattered that all over his shop.....lol

Bow Down to Washington

Wait, you're a duck fan right? Or Kewg?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2006 Chevrolet 2500 HD 6.6 - MotorOps EFI, 4" MBRP, S&B intake, AirBags and B&W Turnover Ball
Prov 27:17, 2 Tim 1:7
NRA Life Member

Offline longball

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3557 on: May 25, 2017, 12:12:48 PM »
Started giving one of dad's trailers a down and dirty rust treatment but got interrupted by a wreck close to the house.

I usually do well at staying away from the camera crews but this guy got me. He's good.

Offline longball

• Registered
    • View Profile
WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)
« Reply #3558 on: May 25, 2017, 12:14:07 PM »
I think if we ever did bring on Kapernicus he'd just wind up being the center of the bench and center of controversy and center of his own universe.
I wish that guy would just take his fortune and go to a country where he isn't so oppressed.

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3559 on: May 25, 2017, 12:25:16 PM »
I wish that guy would just take his fortune and go to a country where he isn't so oppressed.

Right? He could totally be king of the idiots in some obscure s.e. Asian country. just sayin.

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3560 on: May 25, 2017, 05:13:29 PM »

Fortune....?  Ill bet you that dude is as broke as Square D after opening his C (blank) k holster and getting fired from the 49ers....
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3561 on: May 25, 2017, 10:11:23 PM »

I vote for helmud province....
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3562 on: May 26, 2017, 01:54:05 AM »

Bow Down to Washington

I'll just leave this right here...

:wink:

NFL. Meh...

But go Pats. Brady isn't a liberal. I like Brady

2006 Chevrolet 2500 HD 6.6 - MotorOps EFI, 4" MBRP, S&B intake, AirBags and B&W Turnover Ball
NRA Life Member

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3563 on: May 26, 2017, 07:55:08 AM »
Ha.. I posted the Pats parade pic....then realized there were only 4 trophies in the pic so deleted the post to find one with 5 trophies....then fell asleep. Ha. But I see dawg memorialized it for me.  :azn:

Agreed on Brady. He recognizes that he's had to work for everything he's gotten for sure. It's too bad- he should be what Americans strive for- never "given" the starter position, just earned it at every level through hard work and discipline. But we live in the world of the Kardashians where people are famous for being famous (wait...what?) 

Of course I get that people look at him and say "tough life" when they see his wife and the fact she pulls in far more $ than he does. Ha.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3564 on: May 26, 2017, 10:32:02 AM »

I vote for helmud province....
I know that place pretty well

Spelled "Helmand"

Should be spelled, "Hell-Man"

Offline Bob Smith

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3565 on: May 26, 2017, 12:21:54 PM »
Started the dewinterizing of the RV, forgot to close the washer supply lines in the front closet. Hooked up the water to flush the antifreeze from the lines. Now have fans blowing across the saturated carpet and a garage floor with a pile of wet stuff from the closet. Don't have a washer, and soon won't have a water supply line either. Don't know for sure where they tied into the water system, but I will find it. Need to pull everything apart to get it dried out any way. :sad: :cry:

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3566 on: May 26, 2017, 12:25:34 PM »
Not Good^^^
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3567 on: May 26, 2017, 12:33:12 PM »
Bummer Bob.

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3568 on: May 26, 2017, 12:58:12 PM »
That REALLY sucks. Sorry man.

Offline Sammconn

• Just A Guy in the Sticks
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3569 on: May 26, 2017, 02:10:05 PM »
Oh that sucks, good luck Bob.

I'm dealing with insurance currently, water leak at our condo in the city...that sucks also.
Unplanned trip, whirlwind tour.

But, I have supplies for the running water at the cabin now!
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline Bob Smith

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3570 on: May 26, 2017, 02:51:15 PM »
Have a friend that has gone through two broken pipe issues. Both times they were gone and the kitchen and living rooms were soaked when they got home. Insurance covered damage but what a mess. One thing to have to dry out an RV but when your home is soaked it is a real problem SORRY.

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3571 on: May 26, 2017, 03:10:30 PM »

Bow Down to Washington

I am actually a die hard Green Bay packers and Badger fan/supporter

Offline Sammconn

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3572 on: May 26, 2017, 03:18:34 PM »
Have a friend that has gone through two broken pipe issues. Both times they were gone and the kitchen and living rooms were soaked when they got home. Insurance covered damage but what a mess. One thing to have to dry out an RV but when your home is soaked it is a real problem SORRY.
This one we got lucky. Appears to only be 2-300 feet of laminate out. Contained to bathroom hallway and just into bedrooms and living room.
The poor folks one floor down are the real mess unfortunately.

Concrete building as well, so the dryout will be fairly quick.

I'm opting for the contractor option this time...if it's covered my back an knees ain't gonna do it. And it's covered...

It's also my son living there, so other than generally my problem, it's not...
« Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 03:20:00 PM by Sammconn »
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3573 on: May 26, 2017, 03:43:00 PM »
Started the dewinterizing of the RV, forgot to close the washer supply lines in the front closet. Hooked up the water to flush the antifreeze from the lines. Now have fans blowing across the saturated carpet and a garage floor with a pile of wet stuff from the closet. Don't have a washer, and soon won't have a water supply line either. Don't know for sure where they tied into the water system, but I will find it. Need to pull everything apart to get it dried out any way. :sad: :cry:
Oh man, I'm sorry bob. That sucks. Hope it gets dried out soon without any lasting damage

That's why I always re-pressurize from the fresh tank and pump, so I can listen for the pump to stop.

NRA Life Member

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3574 on: May 26, 2017, 03:46:50 PM »
Water issues are always a pain, good luck.
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3575 on: May 26, 2017, 03:50:52 PM »

Bow Down to Washington

I am actually a die hard Green Bay packers and Badger fan/supporter

Hey man, some of us are smart, some of us are good looking. You're really pretty.

Offline Sammconn

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3576 on: May 26, 2017, 05:29:39 PM »
Ok, in keeping with the rules, here's the beginning of the cabin water parts.

And after and exhaustive search, I may have just scored the last 6k axles in Manitoba.
Found them at a spring place oddly enough. All of my trailer parts places sold out, not stocked, we'll have to make them...10 days to 4 weeks...I had today.

Lucked out as well that they were bare axles. FYI, 94" bare axles fit diagonally in the 6'6" boxes...just. It hurt some, but I'm tired of replacing 3500's, have a set of 6 bolt wheels and tires from my old camper so it was time.
Now for more work... :facepalm:
« Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 09:55:20 PM by Sammconn »
Sam

Offline Bob Smith

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3577 on: May 26, 2017, 08:06:24 PM »

That's why I always re-pressurize from the fresh tank and pump, so I can listen for the pump to stop.

Yes, and I "ALWAYS" well almost always, go around and make sure everything is off before I turn the water on. Not only that, I thought I had the valves set to only fill the tank but oh no city water to system set up instead. I only ran around 12 gallon of water into the closet. Those cloths washer lines will be history shortly. My wife is ready to head up to the canal and I am just a bit behind right now.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3578 on: May 26, 2017, 10:46:30 PM »
PEX...I see PEX

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3579 on: May 26, 2017, 11:28:01 PM »
Loaded up my old lift to meet a kid tomorrow.  And got the old pellet smoker working.  New controller, new temp probe, and new igniter rod.

Offline Sammconn

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3580 on: May 26, 2017, 11:42:32 PM »
PEX...I see PEX
Yes you do. Red and blue. If it didn't have to leave the building I would have just got plain white, but it's going to be inside outside and upside down before it goes from here to there.
I figured why screw around, his way I know hot and cold.

Have a 5 gallon 120 volt water heater. Today picked up jet pump and pressure tank.
I think this water business is a good one to be in...it may surpass the solar stuff in cost by the time I'm done...

The pump...

And pressure tank.
This might look familiar too...

This will be the holding tank.
Eaves trough, and stuff coming as well for rainwater collection.
Sam

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3581 on: May 27, 2017, 09:32:18 AM »
Loaded up my old lift to meet a kid tomorrow.  And got the old pellet smoker working.  New controller, new temp probe, and new igniter rod.

So it was the igniter rod?

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3582 on: May 27, 2017, 09:36:20 AM »
Well.......

For whatever reason i was wide awake at 0300 this morning, decided to get these on the smoker since they take forever...... (knocking on wood), i am doing these for a wedding along with chix breast.

« Last Edit: May 27, 2017, 09:48:14 AM by nmeyer414 »

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3583 on: May 27, 2017, 09:43:59 AM »
You will all have to deal with sideways pics for now, cause i am not on my computer.

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3584 on: May 27, 2017, 09:45:46 AM »
Then i got a wild hair up my arse to do this on a saturday morning.... (i take weekends off)

This is an eliptical, cause i dont run anymore!
« Last Edit: May 27, 2017, 09:47:02 AM by nmeyer414 »

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3585 on: May 27, 2017, 10:00:12 AM »
Looking good Nate. Yes the lignite rod.  FYI for future reference. Igniter rod should read about 70 ohms on the VOM. Igniters direct on Amazon.  Good guys.  I bought the defective one back in September as a spare.  Emailed them about it and they sent me a new one even though outside "warranty". I keep a couple on hand.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3586 on: May 27, 2017, 10:46:43 AM »
Sounds like good folks right there

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3587 on: May 27, 2017, 07:52:07 PM »
and here is the end result of the 3 briskets.

all in all, this thing handled everything I threw at it today like a champion.....lol

I did not get a group shot as thing finished at different times and I was prepping service and washing dishes in between times.

the first brisket was done at just about 6-7 hrs and the last one was done about 1.5hrs after that. so for 14lb average briskets at 275 I would say not bad!

the only problem I had with one of them was just a bit of a crunchy bottom cause it got over cooked........oh well knowledge for the next time..........thank god I am not doing briskets tomorrow, just 4 racks of baby backs, some wieners and brats and jalapeno poppers.

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3588 on: May 28, 2017, 07:35:15 AM »
 Mmmmmmmmm!

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3589 on: May 28, 2017, 10:55:22 AM »
Yesterday I bought a kayak and went kayaking.
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3590 on: May 28, 2017, 11:59:32 AM »
Yesterday I bought a kayak and went kayaking.

Details, thread?

I row for 45 mins at the gym once a week for part of my cardio workout. It's helped my lower back & strengthened my core along with arms & shoulders.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 12:01:18 PM by stlaser »
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3591 on: May 28, 2017, 10:10:53 PM »

Details, thread?

I row for 45 mins at the gym once a week for part of my cardio workout. It's helped my lower back & strengthened my core along with arms & shoulders.

I have it stored at my gf's brother's house. So next time she's there I will have her take a couple pics of it. Thread to follow.
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3592 on: May 28, 2017, 10:11:33 PM »
Scrubbed the outdoor table with tsp and hot water in prep for stain. Rebuilt the mower deck from the catastrophic failure. List of damaged parts: both idler pulleys  idler pulley bracket , one spindle, both blades, and the belt.  Used it to. Mowed all the trails. Welded a hitch on the back of the box blade to use to move trailers and my log splitter. Used log splitter to finish splitting the rest of the logs. Then used the zero turn to mow out by the road. Then grilled some brats. And watched a big bad thunderstorm roll in with big lightning.

Offline rpar86

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3593 on: May 29, 2017, 01:15:11 AM »
Scrubbed the outdoor table with tsp and hot water in prep for stain. Rebuilt the mower deck from the catastrophic failure. List of damaged parts: both idler pulleys  idler pulley bracket , one spindle, both blades, and the belt.  Used it to. Mowed all the trails. Welded a hitch on the back of the box blade to use to move trailers and my log splitter. Used log splitter to finish splitting the rest of the logs. Then used the zero turn to mow out by the road. Then grilled some brats. And watched a big bad thunderstorm roll in with big lightning.

Wait... the new mower or the one that went in the drink?
Ryan
2006 GMC 3500 6.6 CCLB SRW 4x4

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3594 on: May 29, 2017, 08:18:18 AM »
From now on it will be known as the Pond Mower....

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3595 on: May 29, 2017, 09:51:06 AM »
From now on it will be known as the Pond Mower....

Fighting algae one stroke at a time.....
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline Sammconn

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3596 on: May 29, 2017, 11:11:43 PM »
So the ice is melting, I need the axles off my car hauler for the dock.
So operation axle swap is ah comencin'

Axles uncrated, levelled up and spring pads going on.

Most of the rest of the parts.

Springs are outside in the rain. They don't need to stay dry.

And trailer prepped for the swap.
Hope for a drier day tomorrow after work.
Don't feel like mud and rain in my face...

And garage cleanup on hold again...story of my life.
But more pressing things than that at the moment. I'll get back to it later.
Sam

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3597 on: May 30, 2017, 07:36:07 AM »
Yesterday....

applied stain to the table on the back porch...got a little help from the oldest.
Surveyed the washout damage 6 inches of rain in 3 hours did on the driveway
cleaned and organized the shop
took the girls to get ice cream
grilled burgers
watched one of my favorite movies....Man On Fire

Quotables:

"A man can be an artist, at anything food, whatever. It depends on how good he is at it. Creasy’s art is death.  He’s about to paint his masterpiece."

"Forgiveness is between them and God.  Its my job to arrange the meeting"

"Give me a last wish, please."  "Last wish?  I wish.. you had ...more time."

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3598 on: May 30, 2017, 07:37:18 AM »

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3599 on: May 30, 2017, 08:10:25 AM »
All the graduations are over. Memorial weekend is over. We are all exausted. Running someplace every weekend. My mother in law in Kentucky needed a hip replacement last year but was being stubborn and woulden't listen to anyone when Obama care was in full effect. I told her over and over if Trump is elected you will be SOL. She wanted to wait until this summer.  Well here we are a year later. Her insurance is all jacked up. Can't get it until around Christmas some time. Maybe. My wife was going to down for the summer to help her. We sceduled our vacation around it and everything. Well now we can go anytime we want. So we have to figure that out. On the up side the weather straightened out and I can finish planting that last 40 acres of soy beans. Kind of hopeing I can pickup a job custom planting. There's a lot of seed that needs to get in the ground yet.

Sent from my VK810 4G using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 08:11:52 AM by Farmer Jon »
Father, husband, farmer, trucker, mechanic, equipment operator, ect

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal