TOOLS, CONSTRUCTION, ALTERNATIVE ENERGY > Shops Garages and Barns

New to me workbench and other stuff

(1/3) > >>

JR:
Been looking for a metal workbench for home. Got the big one at the Ridge but wanted something a smaller and having wheels would be cool.

So after looking on FB and CL for a month or so, one came up about an hour away. Was in the Hills above Placerville.

People are selling these things for what they cost today. 5-600 was very common for something around 4ft square.

This came up at 175, offered 150 and they accepted. Wheels, shelf, even an older vise that works well. Was told it came from the water dept there and had a SS top and some angle iron as a drain. Rolls like a dream and the wheels even have locks.

Then the fun began as in backing into the drive. It was off single lane country road (off HWY 49). I moved 2 railroad ties and several rocks they had placed to stop turn arounds. Gate was just 12ft wide, 90* to the road. It took about 20 minutes backing the deckover in with the Dmax and I bent 1 post just a tad (I repaired before I left)

Since I have no winch on the trailer yet I had to use the tie downs as a come alongs. A good hour later I pulled out glad it was done.

wyorunner:
It would appear there is more than 150$ worth of steel there, so it certainly looks like a good find.

JR:
I priced a 1/2 4x4 plate and it was $300 alone. Think I did OK.

JR:
So in the market for a real parts cleaner for some time now. Not for here, but the ridge.

Found a washer for $1100, but it needed a new pump motor that was diagnosed by service call for popping breakers (priced out at $400 to 700). Seeing if I can just get it rebuilt. Keeping it at home here now until repaired.

It was a 3 day event picking it up in Placerville. First day using FB messenger the guy never got the message until I went home after over an hour.

Day 2 it started snowing, no issue for me, but power went out in the whole town and everything shutdown. Couldn't get ahold of anyone, youngest was with me too.

Called the next day and got the owner, came to a deal a little under listed. Son came again, was a cool trip even with all the snow and slush.

During this we got burgers at 5 Guys in Folsom and the service was CRAP. 40 minutes to get 2 burgers and they were not busy but the "kids" were overwelmed and turning customers away.

JR:
When we got home, a "liquidation sale" showed up in the next town. Youngest and I ran over since it showed a lot of industrial items including a big compressor and flamables cabinet (which I have been eyeing too)

They had 2 cabinets in great shape asking $250 each, but the smaller one was full of paint, coatings, tapping fluid and such. I got the smaller (72x48x16) with all the contents for asking for the $250. Stuff inside was worth another 250 at least. Even had keys and extra heat fuses. Son got a really nice little cabinet for $25.

The compressor was a 10hp, 80gal ingolsol rand. I wanted it bad, just $250, but it was 3 phase. Heck I could flip it and make a grand easy but they had no way to load it. I did leave my info so we will see.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version