Hello Guest

Author Topic: Don, thinking WY has KY beat...  (Read 2240 times)

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
Don, thinking WY has KY beat...
« on: September 18, 2019, 08:52:48 PM »
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline longball

• Registered
    • View Profile
Don, thinking WY has KY beat...
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2019, 10:17:34 PM »
Wyoming sounds great! I see that Alabama is finally first in something other than college football.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: September 18, 2019, 10:18:23 PM by longball »

Offline rpar86

• Registered
    • View Profile
Re: Don, thinking WY has KY beat...
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2019, 10:34:31 PM »
Now Wyoming is on my short list to move to.

Ryan
2006 GMC 3500 6.6 CCLB SRW 4x4

Offline dave945

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2019, 10:59:39 PM »
Nicely done letter. However, KY was blatant enough about being anti California that we didn’t have to ask to be banned.  :)

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2019, 11:19:46 PM »
Dang, just 2 states over.

Make that a 1.5 states!
« Last Edit: September 18, 2019, 11:21:12 PM by JR »
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2019, 12:00:48 AM »
Nebraska needs to be added to that list  because we do not fund that garbage either.
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2019, 09:27:43 AM »
Duane probably would agree too....

https://wakeupwyo.com/reasons-california-should-black-list-wyoming-commentary/
I would (Strongly) note

That

Kintuckee made the list on it's own merits

and

didn't have to be added to the list

Another badge of honor!!! :-)
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2019, 09:28:48 AM »
You'll have a place to stay while you visit, Duane is building a house there.

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2019, 09:32:35 PM »
Well, visited U of WY today. Haven’t seen that many mullets since the 80’s....  :rolleyes:

Offline wyorunner

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2019, 10:28:35 PM »
Well, visited U of WY today. Haven’t seen that many mullets since the 80’s....  :rolleyes:

They have a pretty solid engineering program! But I joined the Marine Corps instead of attending UW, so I wouldn’t fully know

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2019, 10:33:31 PM »

They have a pretty solid engineering program! But I joined the Marine Corps instead of attending UW, so I wouldn’t fully know

We found out today that the engineering building they constructed in 2016 was 105 million....

Offline wyorunner

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2019, 10:40:05 PM »

We found out today that the engineering building they constructed in 2016 was 105 million....

Well, they do have other high end schools to compete with. Shoot, there’s a school of mines near you, over in Golden. Can’t imagine Bayleigh (did I spell that right? I don’t think so) is looking at engineering is she? I support it if she is!!!!

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2019, 10:57:27 PM »

Well, they do have other high end schools to compete with. Shoot, there’s a school of mines near you, over in Golden. Can’t imagine Bayleigh (did I spell that right? I don’t think so) is looking at engineering is she? I support it if she is!!!!

Negative, Baylee isn’t strong in math. She’s following in momma’s foot steps and wants to be a nurse. We loved the campus, atmosphere and generally the people. Weren’t real impressed with their sales pitch. She will apply along with a few others and see what comes of it. My initial thought was that this place may offer a bit of a buffer to the outside world and allow learning.

Offline wyorunner

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2019, 11:35:27 PM »

Negative, Baylee isn’t strong in math. She’s following in momma’s foot steps and wants to be a nurse. We loved the campus, atmosphere and generally the people. Weren’t real impressed with their sales pitch. She will apply along with a few others and see what comes of it. My initial thought was that this place may offer a bit of a buffer to the outside world and allow learning.

I knew I jacked up her name, sorry.  I dated a gal who went through their nursing school. I believe she is a nurse anesthetist now. Knowing less about nursing than I do engineering, I have been led to believe they have a good nursing program too.

But I also feel like nursing also involves a reasonable amount of math. Whatever she does, may God bless her with wide acceptance and many a scholarship!

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2019, 08:51:41 AM »
Thank you Turner, let me rephrase that “she’s not engineering strong in math” more than qualified for nursing. One strong suit they had were all the medical related degrees. So sky was limit in that department. We’ve been told they have a very good program. However, the 60+ year old lady who threw a ton of info at us in 1.5 hours couldn’t answer half the questions so it was a bit frustrating and again not a very good sales pitch.

Then add in that their sales brochure didn’t mention the western pact in reference to in state and out of state tuition they made it sound as if every other state than wy you pay out of state tuition and I don’t believe that’s correct from what I know of the western pact tuition program.

Offline longball

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2019, 09:34:12 AM »
Thank you Turner, let me rephrase that “she’s not engineering strong in math” more than qualified for nursing. One strong suit they had were all the medical related degrees. So sky was limit in that department. We’ve been told they have a very good program. However, the 60+ year old lady who threw a ton of info at us in 1.5 hours couldn’t answer half the questions so it was a bit frustrating and again not a very good sales pitch.

Then add in that their sales brochure didn’t mention the western pact in reference to in state and out of state tuition they made it sound as if every other state than wy you pay out of state tuition and I don’t believe that’s correct from what I know of the western pact tuition program.
I don’t know what the rules are now but when I left Missouri for the University of West Alabama all I had to do was get an Alabama drivers license with my in state address on it. That and a utility bill was enough for me to get in state tuition rates.

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2019, 09:48:09 AM »
This was what I was referencing https://wuesavingsfinder.wiche.edu/

I just looked up UWY and they are in fact a part of this. Again why they don’t acknowledge this to potential students is beyond me as cost is a huge factor when making a decision.  :facepalm:

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2019, 10:28:42 AM »
squirrel……………………………………………………………………………….………………………………….
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2019, 12:41:44 PM »
squirrel……………………………………………………………………………….………………………………….
Hey, I have a pet squirrel....................

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal