Hello Guest

Author Topic: Store water inside...Yourself!  (Read 1211 times)

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Store water inside...Yourself!
« on: April 07, 2017, 10:40:46 AM »
An old First Sergeant once told me that the best place to store water was inside my stomach!

Turns out headaches are largely caused by dehydration. A properly hydrated body is more disease resistant.

A hydrated body overall works better

It has: Faster reaction times, thinks more clearly, repairs itself better, digests food better, absorbs more nutrition, and in my case, is overall, better lookin'!
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
Re: Store water inside...Yourself!
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2017, 12:17:52 PM »
Absolutely this. Lots of times people are found in the desert dead of dehydration with water in their canteens. It stores best in your body. And as you say it essentially "lubricates" everything we do- mentally, physically etc.

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2017, 09:36:24 PM »
If your urine is yellow you need to hydrate.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline longball

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2017, 12:12:52 AM »
Absolutely the truth. 1.5 gallons is my daily goal although that may be on the low side. Recently I have read recommendations for 1oz/lb of body weight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2017, 02:17:57 AM »
very few have had the pleasure of listening to their Drill Sergeant...........DRINK WATER..........5...4....3....2...1...TURN THEM UPSIDE DOWN OVER YOUR HEAD..............WHY PVT SOO AND SOO DO YOU STILL HAVE WATER IN YOUR CANTEEN.................FRONT LEANING REST POSITION.....MOVE!.....IN CADENCE......
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2017, 08:25:59 AM »
very few have had the pleasure of listening to their Drill Sergeant...........DRINK WATER..........5...4....3....2...1...TURN THEM UPSIDE DOWN OVER YOUR HEAD..............WHY PVT SOO AND SOO DO YOU STILL HAVE WATER IN YOUR CANTEEN.................FRONT LEANING REST POSITION.....MOVE!.....IN CADENCE......
Air Assault school is the same way. Every Time the Sergeant says to take a drink, he means the whole canteen. Do that or I'd hear, "Sir, drop and give ten to the wind (Meaning: Face forward drop and do 10 pushups, then rise to the position of attention, do a right face, drop and do ten more, rise to attention and so forth until you were facing in the original direction.)
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline wyorunner

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2017, 10:01:42 PM »

A hundred or so times, very familiar with this! It was the worst when we had to drink two or three because some jack wagon barely got a sip down and made a huge mess on the floor.

One particular experience two or three canteens full, smoke deck GO! Add another while on the smoke deck, go again, rinse and repeat until smoke deck myself and some others were covered in vomited water, ahh great times in boot camp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal