PERSONAL READINESS > Bug-Out Bag and Camping gear

Binocular recommendations

<< < (2/6) > >>

Nate:

--- Quote from: Flyin6 on March 21, 2021, 10:24:47 PM ---I use Stiner binos. Same ones we used in Afghanistan, not sure of the nomenclature...
--- End quote ---

which ones, the green or black ones?

Nate:

--- Quote from: Flyin6 on March 21, 2021, 10:24:47 PM ---I use Stiner binos. Same ones we used in Afghanistan, not sure of the nomenclature...

--- End quote ---

or is it these ones by chance

Flyin6:

--- Quote from: Nate on March 22, 2021, 09:17:47 AM ---
--- End quote ---

which ones, the green or black ones?

--- End quote ---
I have the green ones Nate
Kat's da#!!ed bird chewed up the curved rubber eyepieces though. Still work well though.

Bear9350:
Top quality in what price range.  I've looked through quite a few sets of top tier binos set up on tripods at rifle matches ($2000+). Swarovski are definitely nice. The Vortex Razor UHD binos are impressive.  The Razor HD binos are also pretty nice for the price. Vortex Vipers get the job done, but you can't pick up mirage as easily and aren't as crisp.  I have a set of Bushnell Forge.  They are similar to the Razor HD glass I think but a lot bigger and heavier.  Doesn't matter to me as they are mounted on a tripod the entire time.

Nate:
Thank you all for the recomendations.

I went for the tried and true steiner M1050r (with reticle) binos that I carried for 20+ years.  I also purchased a pair of reflection filters and a tripod adapter. These come standard with the steiner legacy warranty (for life of product regardless of owner)

Ken, the Swarovski were looked at very hard.  There is a 2 part reason why the steiners came in #1 and the Swarovski's #2.

I have litteraly kicked these steiners off of a mountain side, dropped them from a chinook once or twice, bounced them around inside of several different vehicles and have no crap run them over with a 75,000lb truck. The outside was a little ruffed up, but at no point did any of the lenses crack or become fogged.

If the Swarovski 10 x 50 could honestly withstand and of what I have put the steiners through, I would have forked over the premium price for them.

https://www.steiner-optics.com/binoculars/m1050r-lpf-10x50

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version