TOOLS, CONSTRUCTION, ALTERNATIVE ENERGY > Construction and heavy equipment

The "Chief" Thread place

(1/34) > >>

Flyin6:
Welp, I went and did it

I purchased an excavator!

I was planning to buy one for several years now, but I was always looking around the 12,000 to 30,000 pound range.

These midi to small sized Track Hoes are fairly popular with farmers, Landscapers, and just about everybody, and the price has oftentimes reflected it.

I really am needing one for the Hide to dig out a bunch of things so yesterday I spent almost all day looking on line and on Craigslist, then around 1900 I checked one more time, and this interesting Kobelco showed up...He had just posted it.

Flyin6:
That is a 2001 Kobelco SK250LC Dynamic Acera with an optional long stick, aux low and high volume hydraulics to the front to run a thumb or a tree saw or things like that.

I checked it out thoroughly. The motor is quiet, and starts right up, and does not smoke at all. The interior looks really great, like closer to new than used. None of the many excavators I have looked at, including reconditioned units looked this good inside, and all this current owner did was to sweep it out.

This is NOT a little excavator! This is a 55,000 pound unit with a 54" bucket on the front. To say it is powerful is a gross understatement. You can punch right into limestone scale and just yank it right out. A 60 foot tree takes a couple minutes to push over...THis thing is no joke!

Flyin6:
Check out the hours:

TexasRedNeck:
Square D running??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EL TATE:
Ouch Tex!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version