VEHICLES, CAMPERS, and BOATS > General Vehicle Related Discussion

2010 Chevrolet Traverse SOS

(1/10) > >>

Bigdave_185:
130k on the odometer for a new to me vehicle, we have had it al little over two months to replace the previously wrecked 2011 traverse.

It’s been a really sound vehicle thus far

Took it in for an alignment and tire rotation before our Christmas trip to San Francisco area, new struts on the front and sent on our way.

Took my kids to daycare early and hear a rubbing/grinding sound from the rear of the vehicle as I slowed to exit the freeway.  The back left wheel and rotor are very warm while the other three are cool to the touch.

Suggestions before I drop it at a mechanic again? 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flyin6:

--- Quote from: Bigdave_185 on December 15, 2017, 09:12:48 AM ---130k on the odometer for a new to me vehicle, we have had it al little over two months to replace the previously wrecked 2011 traverse.

It’s been a really sound vehicle thus far

Took it in for an alignment and tire rotation before our Christmas trip to San Francisco area, new struts on the front and sent on our way.

Took my kids to daycare early and hear a rubbing/grinding sound from the rear of the vehicle as I slowed to exit the freeway.  The back left wheel and rotor are very warm while the other three are cool to the touch.

Suggestions before I drop it at a mechanic again? 

--- End quote ---
I had something like that on our suburban.
It was a sticking caliper.

New loaded brake caliper and rotor and we were GTG

Obviously when the caliper is removed, give the bearings a wiggle...

Bigdave_185:
I guess if I jack the back half up and see if the tires roll,  all wheel drive vehicle so I will need all four off the ground and in Neutral? 

The growl gets worse as I apply brakes also

longball:
That same thing happened to my rust bucket red truck last year. New calipers and pads fixed it right up.

Bigdave_185:
I guess I had better get it on jack stands.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version