VEHICLES, CAMPERS, and BOATS > General Vehicle Related Discussion

Tahoe for a DD?

(1/6) > >>

JR:
Guys, looking for a DD and thinking a used Chevy Tahoe will fit the bill.  I like the 2007-15. 5.3, 4L60/65, 4x4, no sun roof and not black are about my only "needs". My Dmax is great, but 238k miles and want to use it more for towing with the miles on it.

My price range is in the 10K area, lower the mileage the better. 150k is median, some way higher. I think the "tow package" includes the 9.5 rear, but not sure. Would probably lift a hair for 33/32s on it with light towing. The 5.3 is solid as is the 4L60. Don't really need the 3rd row and the fold down 2nd gives me lots of room.

Think I am in the ballpark but any feedback? Little pic of the body style, just like it.

(darn mod moved to the right place)

Bob Smith:
Leave the screen closed and you won’t even know it has a sun roof. Don’t open it and it won’t start leaking.

EL TATE:
stay away from early 07-mid 08. bring a mechanical oil pressure gauge with you to the lot. most of the time it's just the screens blocked up, but some can have some are worse than others. 14+ w/ the 12 bolt has the bigger 9.5" in the 5.3L or 9.76 in the 6.2L

JR:
So its a gauge issue, not an engine issue? Don't want the later model, body is to busy and they cost way more.

I understand in 15 they went to Wifi reporting for engine issues. (you can't hide)

I want the 5.3, not sure if it came with a 4.8, 6.2 get poor mileage.

Did they all come with same ratios, or is the tow lower.

JR:
https://knowhow.napaonline.com/2007-2014-yukon-tahoe-common-problems/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version