VEHICLES, CAMPERS, and BOATS > General Vehicle Related Discussion

2022 Tesla Model 3 Performance

(1/17) > >>

Flyin6:
After waiting months, I finally took delivery of my car this morning

Flyin6:
The process is pretty stress-free. You just show up on time, pair your phone and key cards to your car and drive away. I did have to sign a few forms and I did tour around some and stumbled across my Tesla dream car a Model S Plaid. That's the one that does the quarter in 9.2 seconds.

After driving my car which runs the quarter in 11.50, owning one of those has to be an out-of-body experience.

Anyway, we made a cool half-day out of it. Here is the first glance I had of it on the charger, topping it off to nearly 300 miles range, and just after they pulled it up into the delivery lane

The last pic is of the plaid.

Flyin6:
We were pretty happy

Flyin6:
After a short session setting the car up for the drive home, I took I-71 south through Cincinnati. What a nice comfortable drive. The AC is very adjustable and works great, even with a tinted glass roof. An hour later, I pulled into the driveway

Flyin6:
After driving around some to get used to it, I subjected myself to the G-forces this car can generate. One really needs to experience it to believe a car can run like that. The power comes on instantly and can be nearly violent. I'd say, be sure you are ready for it when you stab the throttle.

After all that, and with the car which has some A.I. software going on, the car is still learning about itself and the world. Like a big baby, this car has to learn about the world and as it does it will slowly give you more and more features. I have not driven enough at this point to use the autopilot. All it will give me at the moment is cruise control. The manual says the car needs around 200 miles of different kinds of driving to have learned enough to be ready to drive itself. It is pretty smart already. It knows when you are close to the grass, as in off-road, and will squawk at you to get back on the pavement. It knows when there are traffic cones. Kathy was opening the door when it squawked, and I noticed a barrier pole near her door! While you are driving along, on your screen it displays the position of all the other vehicles around you and accurately displays a semi as a semi and a car as a car, and so forth

Next was a training visit to the supercharger station. I plugged in with 189 miles range. It told me I had 21 minutes of charge time, but in maybe 15 I was charged to nearly 290 miles. I noticed the mileage remaining correlates pretty well with the miles you are traveling. That goes out the window when you floor it for a 0-70 shot or two.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version