Hello Guest

Author Topic: church clothes  (Read 586 times)

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
church clothes
« on: September 07, 2019, 11:34:00 AM »
I am going to rant here for a minute.  Why?  Because I am sick and tired of people using religion as a justification for their B.S. opinions/actions/etc!  If you want to follow and live by the word of god, then gosh darn it JUST DO IT, worry about yourself and how you live your life!  The way somebody chosen to follow and live by the word of god has absoutley nothing to do with you!

here is a prime example of what i am talking about!

so I saw a posting on some social media outlet that asked/stated.....and in typical "im a religious person with biased views because I think the way I worship the word of god is better than the way you worship the word of god, and the denomination of faith I chosen is better than the denomination of faith that you chosen" fashion posted the comment/question of

I’m looking for someone to Define “Church Clothes “

Does the Bible not tell/teach us to love thy neighbor!? Does the bible not tell/teach us to “not judge”!?  Does the bible not tell/teach us to come as we are?!

If I am correct, then why is this even a question?! Why is this even something that is of anybody’s business/concern?! What makes your opinion of "Church Clothes" better or more correct or however you want to put it than somebody else's!?

This is a prime example of “mind your own business”! This is a prime example of why some folks are 2 faced, hypocritical, judgmental, truly believe that their opinion/s matters, MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS, etc.

Somebody please refresh my memory or if I am unaware of the actual written word of god that says we his children are to be his judge/jury/executioners of his children?!

So the next time that somebody enters a house of worship and does not look like you or act like you or share your same opinions because of the way they choose to interpret the word of god and live their life according to what they believe is the word of god….. shut your judgmental mouth, walk over to them, shake their hand, and welcome them into GOD’s (not yours) house of worship…all with a smile on your face, because then you are truly living the word of GOD!
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: church clothes
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2019, 02:21:28 PM »
 John 7:24 New American Standard Bible (NASB) 24 Do not judge according to appearance, but judge with righteous judgment.”

1 Corinthians 5:12 New American Standard Bible (NASB) 12 For what have I to do with judging outsiders? Do you not judge those who are within the church?

1 Corinthians 6:2 New American Standard Bible (NASB) 2 Or do you not know that the [a]saints will judge the world? If the world is judged by you, are you not competent to constitute the smallest law courts?

1 Timothy 2:9 New American Standard Bible (NASB)Women Instructed 9 Likewise, I want women to adorn themselves with proper clothing, modestly and discreetly, not with braided hair and gold or pearls or costly garments,

So the church (made up of believers, not the unbelievers) absolutely we should judge, but based only on the truth in the word and in love and admonition. not in some pharisee manner.  If the judgement is not based in the truth of the word, then it has no place in the church.  We are not to judge those outside the church (non believers, because we don't know if God is yet to work His work in an unbeliever's life.

Regarding dress, it's mainly focused on women, and not to be overly adorned so as to make themselves the center of attention instead of Christ.  Men should not cover their head in a house of worship, but women are commanded to because of order.  Father is the head of Christ, Christ is the head of the Church and man is made in Christ's image and is also the head of the women.

If someone is judging a person because they are not "dressed appropriately"

Just go to James Chapter 2

ames 2 New American Standard Bible (NASB)
The Sin of Partiality

2 My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. 2 For if a man comes into your assembly with a gold ring and dressed in fine clothes, and there also comes in a poor man in dirty clothes, 3 and you pay special attention to the one who is wearing the fine clothes, and say, “You sit here in a good place,” and you say to the poor man, “You stand over there, or sit down by my footstool,” 4 have you not made distinctions among yourselves, and become judges with evil motives? 5 Listen, my beloved brethren: did not God choose the poor of this world to be rich in faith and heirs of the kingdom which He promised to those who love Him? 6 But you have dishonored the poor man. Is it not the rich who oppress you and personally drag you into court? 7 Do they not blaspheme the fair name by which you have been called?
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2019, 02:21:55 PM »
I pretty much quit going to church. Got tires of the whispers behind our backs. I was raised Catholic. We were poor. One day the priest asked why I didn't come to church much other than when I was alter boy. I said I didn't have the nice clothes that everyone else wore. He said Jesus wore rags. He don't care what you wear just come as you are.
My first wife was Lutheran and didn't want to convert to Catholic so I switched. We were a new family in a new church. Still didn't have much but has a few sets of "good clothes". Tht consisted of any jeans with no stains. Anyway I started hearing the whispers behind our back. They wore that last week.
Friendly neighbor to your face. Talk behind your back. I don't need that. We pray every day. Boys are old enough for Sunday school and really need to go but I just don't.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Father, husband, farmer, trucker, mechanic, equipment operator, ect

Online Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2019, 03:13:57 PM »
Concur Jon

Biggest hypocrite is someone who holds themselves above another. Pride has become their ruler, they cannot have the heart of God.

My church has people of all walks. Some homeless, some really wealthy like 8 figures and even beyond. I wear jeans almost all the time, although in the winter I wear a sports jacket, but only to conceal my radio and weapon and extra mag and asp, and...

Friday nights we have hope over heroin. Some of those guys are free, and some are likely still using. We host them all because inside the sanctuary, God is doing his work. I serve those above and those below me on the economic ladder. Over my life I can note having been taught some valuable lessons and knowledge in general by those with far less education.

Anyone with a haughty attitude had better take a step back and self examine, for that attitude is not one that is given by the spirit of the most high.

So, Jon, Nate, come to church with me. I won't judge you for the clothing you wear,but if it's all the same, please wash first!

;-)

Even Armee Aviators have some standards!
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline oklawall

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2019, 09:11:21 PM »
In my young adult years we had a pig farmer that would come to church in his overalls and had the smell of pigs about him because he came from feeding them. The ushers tried to get him to sit in the back until they connected him with the much larger plate offering when he was there. After that they let him sit any place in the church. I go to church to hear and learn the Word of GOD and serve his people.

Online Atkinsmatt

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2019, 09:40:28 PM »
God wants our best. No matter what that is.  Effort, attitude, talent, everything that he gave us. Not the worldly stuff.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2019, 09:42:27 PM by Atkinsmatt »
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2019, 09:53:58 PM »
We don’t have a dress code at our church. I do wear clean clothes though, the wife kinda frowns otherwise.

We baptized Baylee, same guy who married us. Back then I was working non stop it seems, I had few nice clothes and even less time to wear them. I can recall Sydney our pastors look on his face when I came in to the baptism straight from the welding shop. Met my wife and others there. I also recall thinking he can get over himself. I believe wife made a comment to me afterward as well. My response is the same today, Jesus will take me in whatever I’m wearing.

That goes for bankers too, I will not dress up for them. They work for me, more than one has been fired over how I dress......
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal