Hello Guest

Author Topic: Compressor and nailers  (Read 732 times)

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
Compressor and nailers
« on: November 01, 2020, 07:51:58 PM »
We. I got the ceiling completely replaced from the leaky pipe incident, i also had 4' on both sides of a wall corner replaced. 

Got paint lined up for next week.

All i have left to do is put the base boards back on and re-hang the lights.  Did i forget to mention how upset one can get trying to finish nail base boards manually...... :facepalm:

So i said screw it, i need power and more of it.  Found this set on amazon, and it will be here on tuesday.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00UHNM60C?ref=ppx_pt2_mob_b_prod_image
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline Bigdave_185

• Raising Boys into Real Men!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
Re: Compressor and nailers
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2020, 08:03:59 PM »
I would only say stay away From anything portercable air tools.  They are 100% garbage for any use of any kind.   I’ll ship you one if you want to pay shipping.   It’s been exchanged three time and it’s still junk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2020, 08:17:44 PM »
Look like a good set up.  I’ve been leaning Hitachi in the last few years, coil siding nailer, framing nailer, both are awesome. I have Porter Cable finish nailers and one bit the dust after 10 years, but those were older models so I can’t speak of the newer ones.  Hitachi is now Mutabo, which I don’t have any of the Mutabo stuff.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2020, 08:53:35 PM »
That should work for what little you will use it Nate, hard to beat price point.
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2020, 08:58:59 PM »
We. I got the ceiling completely replaced from the leaky pipe incident, i also had 4' on both sides of a wall corner replaced. 

Got paint lined up for next week.

All i have left to do is put the base boards back on and re-hang the lights.  Did i forget to mention how upset one can get trying to finish nail base boards manually...... :facepalm:

So i said screw it, i need power and more of it.  Found this set on amazon, and it will be here on tuesday.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00UHNM60C?ref=ppx_pt2_mob_b_prod_image

I like

You will too!
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2020, 09:10:55 PM »
That should work for what little you will use it Nate, hard to beat price point.

I figure that when i am done with the base boards, it can stay in my basement shop area and i can use it for little projects inside of the house.....like blowing out my sillcock pipes when shut off and drained for the winter?
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2020, 07:13:48 AM »
Those are nice for small jobs. I have the Harbor freight version of that. I use to carry it in my camper until I got a truck with a built in compressor. You can air up a tire but it takes a while.
I have a friend with a roofing crew that really like them because they are light. you can take it up on the roof with you instead of having all these air hoses hanging off the house you just run a couple cords up there. But they have to buy a new one every few weeks. They are pretty cheap so they keep a couple on hand. When one quits toss it and grab a new out of the trailer.
Father, husband, farmer, trucker, mechanic, equipment operator, ect

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2020, 06:02:48 PM »
Should work for the little stuff. Don't plan on really blowing stuff off much though, small tank.

Speaking of new tools, I just got a Metabo Cordless Framing nailer. Referb for $300, drives 3.5s with no issues. I may have a project coming up,,,,,,,,,,,
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal