Hello Guest

Author Topic: .277 Fury  (Read 26 times)

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
.277 Fury
« on: May 21, 2024, 10:30:42 AM »
The US Army's new round: The .277 Fury (6.8mm)

The Army will be converting to this new rifle, The M7 and a much, much more powerful round in the coming years. The Marine Corps will catch up as well in time, and hopefully as one of our premier fighting forces, not all that long!

This thing is violent. More than doubles (triples??) the effectiveness of our current 5.56mm. Shooting a 100+ Grain slug at over 3,000 feet per second it has all sorts of new technology. First, the standard round is a solid copper bullet, Other versions will penetrate armor or have tracer elements.

The weapon's effectiveness easily extends to 600-700 meters dwarfing the short range of the tiny 5.56mm round. It more or less destroys a human body that is not protected by armor. I see very little chance of surviving being shot with such a round. This thing looks more like a magnum than something like the .308 which I believe it outperforms.

This is nothing short of deadly. As a veteran and soldier, I have mixed emotions about such a weapon, but in the end, should the enemies of America threaten our way of life, then they have brought it's use upon themselves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTAfS1addXU
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal