TOOLS, CONSTRUCTION, ALTERNATIVE ENERGY > Hand Tools, Power Tools, Welders, etc

Shop Organization

(1/5) > >>

Spacecase544:
Gents:

What does everyone do for shop organization?  My shop is a mess (embarrassing picture to follow), and since I rent in every new place the Army moves me to, I don't want to install anything permanent.  I have a couple of shelving units holding fuel cans, all those PCS rubbermaids, etc., but I need to do more to have working floor space.  Thoughts?

JR:
Oh if you could see mine now. About 1/2 the floorspace is clear, but you cannot see the tops of a 4x8 on saw horses and 2 work benches. Ad I do have shelves filled to the max.

Why my projects are at a standstill until this is remedied. Well, cept for the fence, patio, solar system,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Sammconn:
Mine is a disaster as well. Will add embarrassing pic also. Will be a few days, renovating farm property to sell.
I have some 12-16" plywood shelving units. About four feet wide, four high, keeps them portable. They hold all sorts of miscellaneous fluids sprays etc. Tool box and benches on most of the three walls.
I added in an overhead shelf about a Rubbermaid down from the roof, and the depth of the long edge of it. This is overhead of the benches about 8 feet up the side walls. It works reall well to get rid of the not so regularly used stuff.

JR:
I have overheads in the second garage, filled also.

Maybe I am a HOARDER!!!

TexasRedNeck:
I moved about every 3 years for a while.  I learned to keep everything in those crates with the bifold tops that you get at the big box stores. Then use shelving units so that I can stack them neatly. If you can afford it's used industrial shelving is the way to go.  Knocks down and will hold 1500lbs per shelf and has 5 shelves on 7 ft frame

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version