TOOLS, CONSTRUCTION, ALTERNATIVE ENERGY > Hand Tools, Power Tools, Welders, etc

Ken Onion worksharp knife sharpener

<< < (2/3) > >>

stlaser:
Not much of a learning curve really, very simple

KensAuto:
Pretty easy Nate. First thing I did was use a marker on the back of each belt to easily tell which one was which (coarse, fine, etc.). The finer ones are harder to tell by feel.

stlaser:

--- Quote from: KensAuto on December 06, 2018, 06:46:00 PM ---Pretty easy Nate. First thing I did was use a marker on the back of each belt to easily tell which one was which (coarse, fine, etc.). The finer ones are harder to tell by feel.

--- End quote ---

There’s different belts?  :tongue:  :facepalm:

cruizng:
I don't have the Ken Onion version but just the basic $70.00 one and I love it. No real learning curve other than make sure the belt is tracking before you start it up. Lay the blade against the guide before you start it. Then pull the blade across pretty quick while it is running. Then release the trigger before you get to the point.

Use a bad blade to practice at first. I didn't read the directions first "what could be so hard about this" and I ground down one of my Benchmade's pretty quick by having it running and then putting the blade on the belt getting it situated and then pulled across. If you drop the blade on and hold against the guide and then pull the trigger it works great.

My came with three belts. You can buy additional grit belts but I didn't see a need. I use it most on our kitchen blades. Makes then wicked sharp. Wife is constantly cutting herself. She is used to butter knives.  :beercheers:

https://www.sharpeningsupplies.com/Knife-Sharpening-System-Abrasive-Kit-for-WSKTS-P382C181.aspx

cruizng:
Hey.. Northern Tool has both of these on sale today. The non Ken Onion one is $65.00. Ken Onion version is $125.00.

https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200431964_200431964?cm_lm=7755642&tp=i-H43-ES-1B7-PQ1bH-1c-WXb0-1c-PMOjC-2F0oNu&om_rid=375611083&om_mid=4533&STATE=MN&HOT_MEM_CODE=&MARKETCODE=STC&utm_campaign=eDeals&utm_source=Email&utm_medium=121018_FlashSaleFH&cid=4533&mid=375611083

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version