Hello Guest

Author Topic: equipment turn in  (Read 950 times)

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
equipment turn in
« on: January 27, 2016, 07:49:29 PM »
so tomorrow, Nate here gets to go to C.I.F. (central issue facility / where all personal equipment is issued to soldiers)!  as it is right now, I am looking at walking out of there owing somewhere close to/if not under $400.  I truly lost the groin protector that goes with my ballistic body armor (the thing is garbage to begin with!), and I have decided to keep my 3 layer system sleeping bag and my entrenching tool with carrier.

my sleeping bag was issued to me brand spankin new.  so in the years that I have used/owned it, I know exactly how it has been taken care of/maintained.  if I was to buy the complete system brand new on the civilian market, it would cost me up to $600.  I will get if for something like $300 (like I said, it was issued to me brand new and I know how it was taken care of!)

the other thing I am keeping in my entrenching tool.  this again was something that was issued brand new (brown cardboard box with e-tool in a plastic bag covered in cosmoline) and I know how it has been taken care of over the years that I have used/owned it.

now, lets not get crazy here.  Nate has also secured other things that are already put together as a kit for outdoor use. 
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline Atkinsmatt

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: equipment turn in
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2016, 09:08:31 PM »
Good luck.  You know the deal after all the years.
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

Offline cudakidd53

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2016, 06:50:34 AM »
Excited for you Nate- closing one chapter of life so you can go write a new book!  Best of luck......I'm sure some PFC could be talked out of their groin protector though......☺
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2016, 08:18:00 AM »
I got really lucky yesterday, and got out very cheap.

If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2016, 08:40:05 AM »
Bonus!
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2016, 06:15:39 PM »
no doubt considering what equipment I got to keep and didn't have to pay for.

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2016, 06:54:30 PM »
"acquired" right?
Husband, Father, Gear guy, Patriot.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal